closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Shambolic refereeing at the Emirates. City will no doubt end up winning a game because of the referee

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Shambolic refereeing at the Emirates. City will no doubt end up winning a game because of the referee
    True
    Xhaka should’ve seen red for being last man .

May be that Arsenal, who played really well in the first half, lost the game because of indiscipline Ryan. Really impressed with them up until the point that they lost the plot. Two of them churned the penalty spot up. That’s Sunday league stuff. Gabriel needs a good talking to. He let his team down. AFC players at the referee trying to get players sent off. By the way, the referee didn’t give the penalty, VAR did. City have played poorly over the last two games but got the six points. That’s tenacity and what we do. Arsenal looking good and on an upward trajectory. Arteta doing a good job. Good to see that and glad they gave him some time.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    True
    That fella is an absolute clown. It is one of life’s mysteries as to how he has remained at a great club like Arsenal.

I'm not blaming City as unlike Liverpool they didn't dive and they and con the ref. Buy I can't understand why VAR was involved for the Silva pen and not the more blatant one that should have gone to Arsenal.

Master
    I'm not blaming City as unlike Liverpool they didn't dive and they and con the ref. Buy I can't understand why VAR was involved for the Silva pen and not the more blatant one that should have gone to Arsenal.
    Thought “clear and obvious” error was the requirement to go to VAR. Think Ederson incident probably was a penalty but the on field referee didn’t make a clear and obvious error - wasn’t clear whether he (Ederson) got a toe to the ball before the Arsenal player.

Walton is explaining on BT at the minute. The pulling of the shirt was the obvious evidence and once that was seen it was a penalty. The other one was not clear and therefore not a clear and obvious error on the part of the referee. VAR was involved in both. Frustrating for the Arsenal fans but makes sense in that context. I can’t believe that I have just indicated that something that Walton said makes any kind of sense. I need to lay down for a bit….

As an aside, BT coverage of football is appalling. I actually think these clowns are doing more to damage the game by hyping every decision up into a contentious argument. Humphries is particularly poor. Does anyone have a clue what McManaman brings to the table??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Thought “clear and obvious” error was the requirement to go to VAR. Think Ederson incident probably was a penalty but the on field referee didn’t make a clear and obvious error - wasn’t clear whether he (Ederson) got a toe to the ball before the Arsenal player.
    Spot on…

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    ….

As an aside, BT coverage of football is appalling. I actually think these clowns are doing more to damage the game by hyping every decision up into a contentious argument. Humphries is particularly poor. Does anyone have a clue what McManaman brings to the table??

- - - Updated - - -

Spot on…
    Absolutely spot on- it's garbage.

As an arsenal fan I'm really encouraged by the performance, but it's hard to take a loss in that manner. It seems a long time since our fans were able to complain at referees and decisions rather than our own manager/ players! We pushed city all the way, and should be proud of that considering where we were just a few months ago.

City were lucky to come away with three points. As for the penalty Xhaka was stupid in grabbing Silva’s shirt. Silva was losing balance and, even with his skill, would probably have fallen. What I don’t get is how wrestling players to the ground in the box from free kicks or corners result in so few penalties yet Silva’s was given. I’ve seen far worse offences this season.

I thought Arsenal were outstanding today, really played City at their own game. It was probably just the youth and lack of experience that contributed to the loss. Just glad we don’t have to play them in the league again this season.

Master
    Interesting close up makes it even less clear who got the first touch!

https://twitter.com/kevdavis736/stat...140903426?s=21

Well Arsenal were hard done by today but swings and roundabouts - Arsenal got lucky vs West Ham with the Soucek red card so it evens out.

I just hope City fans recognise their luck today and remember that when the inevitable penalty for a Salah dive and red card for a City defender is given arbitrarily against them when they play Liverpool next. It all evens out.

Was a good match but we did not deserve to loose, as the close up shows above Ederson hits his boot before the ball so it should be a pen. The xhaka one was so soft it not even funny.

Frustrating second half, but a good performance overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    True
    The law is about denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity not necessarily last man. The laws regarding it were relaxed some time ago to avoid triple punishment ie penalty + red card + suspension.

I don’t think the City player was denied a clear opportunity.

i support Arsenal, they were architects of their own downfall today- penalty, stupid yellow, missed open goal, second yellow/red. It was a painful goal to concede but I am enjoying much of their play at the moment, there seems to be a bit more steel in them. Gabriel owes his team mates a big apology and needs to be taken to task over the penalty spot incident which put him on a tightrope for the second half which he fell off pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    The law is about denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity not necessarily last man. The laws regarding it were relaxed some time ago to avoid triple punishment ie penalty + red card + suspension.

I don’t think the City player was denied a clear opportunity.

i support Arsenal, they were architects of their own downfall today- penalty, stupid yellow, missed open goal, second yellow/red. It was a painful goal to concede but I am enjoying much of their play at the moment, there seems to be a bit more steel in them. Gabriel owes his team mates a big apology and needs to be taken to task over the penalty spot incident which put him on a tightrope for the second half which he fell off pretty quickly.
    I was being facetious ,I didn’t want or expect a red card.
    I’m the first one to lambast VAR and incompetent referees and I can see why Arsenal fans are aggrieved.
    The fact of the matter on those decisions is that VAR actually got it right . I don’t agree with it and I won’t rejoice that we got a positive out of it for once. It’s a shambles . It needs to be taken away from PGMOL and given to an independent body.

I said after the Brentford win that Citywere looking leggy and it was no surprise that Arsenal were at it early on . Equal amount of chances went begging in the first half . Good performances from Arsenal, particularly Partey and Saka .
    KDB and Sterling were anonymous for the blues who will now benefit from a decent rest before Chelsea.

Blog Entries
    Mane should have seen red another EPL let of apart from that great game your welcome Citeh.
    Last edited by mart broad; 3rd January 2022 at 14:17.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

I'll be interested to see how some clubs get on when their players leave for the African cup of nations.

Liverpool without Salah and Mane - wow!

We'll be losing Benrahma, however he can be replaced but other teams may not be so lucky?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well Arsenal were hard done by today but swings and roundabouts - Arsenal got lucky vs West Ham with the Soucek red card so it evens out.

I just hope City fans recognise their luck today and remember that when the inevitable penalty for a Salah dive and red card for a City defender is given arbitrarily against them when they play Liverpool next. It all evens out.
    As a Southampton fan I thought you would be pro Liverpool…

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I'll be interested to see how some clubs get on when their players leave for the African cup of nations.

Liverpool without Salah and Mane - wow!

We'll be losing Benrahma, however he can be replaced but other teams may not be so lucky?
    Naby and Joel too, we look leggy as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    As a Southampton fan I thought you would be pro Liverpool…
    Arsenal, Southampton and Bournemouth. Supporting all 3 now. Way more interesting this way and more matches/stories to follow.

Liverpool I could never support. Their fans could have killed the Man City team.

Master
    Arsenal, Southampton and Bournemouth. Supporting all 3 now. Way more interesting this way and more matches/stories to follow.

Liverpool I could never support. Their fans could have killed the Man City team.
    I thought you ditched Arsenal after the super league shenanigans.

Interesting close up makes it even less clear who got the first touch!

https://twitter.com/kevdavis736/stat...140903426?s=21
    That close-up shows that if there was a foul, it's Odegaard stamping on Ederson's foot. That said, it wasn't deliberate, perhaps. Quite how he then bounced like Zebedee is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
    That close-up shows that if there was a foul, it's Odegaard stamping on Ederson's foot. That said, it wasn't deliberate, perhaps. Quite how he then bounced like Zebedee is another matter.
    Never a penalty in a million years. All that gaff about inconsistency coming out of the Arsenal camp was simply nonsense, because there was no apparent error on this one to justify the ref going to the monitor. The penalty at the other end was clear as anything, though, and typical of the thug Xhaka.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Mane should have seen red another EPL let of apart from that great game your welcome Citeh.
    It’s quite clear that Mane is being targeted by the opposition.
    First, Ederson used his face to assault Mane s studs and lately, Azpilucueta launching a vicious headbutton Manes elbow.
    Action needs to be taken to defend the poor lamb who hasn’t got a bad bone in his body .

If Carlsberg made Christmas football periods 😄. That has just topped it off. Just the 22 points behind us now. Having said that, they have got a game in hand. Well done Wolves, stayed strong towards the end there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    If Carlsberg made Christmas football periods . That has just topped it off. Just the 22 points behind us now. Having said that, they have got a game in hand. Well done Wolves, stayed strong towards the end there.
    Sky Top 8 coming up

Master
    Well done Wolves, great result at Old Trafford 🍺🍺🍺

Master
    Rag out!

It’s quite clear that Mane is being targeted by the opposition.
    First, Ederson used his face to assault Mane s studs and lately, Azpilucueta launching a vicious headbutton Manes elbow.
    Action needs to be taken to defend the poor lamb who hasn’t got a bad bone in his body .

Just to add, it was a nailed on red card.

As a united fan it's depressing

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Good. And Gabriel’s scuffing up of the penalty spot should have resulted in a long ban in itself for cheating.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 5th January 2022 at 18:20.

Just heard the Arsenal vs Liverpool semi final has been delayed by 2 weeks! was looking forward to maybe beating them without salah and mane but they could be back for the second leg now

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Just heard the Arsenal vs Liverpool semi final has been delayed by 2 weeks! was looking forward to maybe beating them without salah and mane but they could be back for the second leg now
    Doubtful Klopp would play those 2 anyway as he doesn't value the Carabao.

Understand the reason for postponement but unless I'm having a crisis of memory didn't Villa have to play their youth team in a FA cup tie against Liverpool last season for exactly the same reasons?

Understand the reason for postponement but unless I'm having a crisis of memory didn't Villa have to play their youth team in a FA cup tie against Liverpool last season for exactly the same reasons?
    Orient got kicked out the cup earlier in the season for not having enough players with covid, double standards.

I think he would play them in the semi final tbh. They are way off the league so will want some silverware.

Master
    Blog Entries

Benefits Arsenal too as they have people away during AFCON.

Best bet would be a single match at a neutral ground in the midlands.

well Klopp played a strong team, just a shame Xhaka did his usual and got sent off and ruined our game. Liverpool looked very poor.

well Klopp played a strong team, just a shame Xhaka did his usual and got sent off and ruined our game. Liverpool looked very poor.
    To be fair the ref did Arsenal a favour sending off Xhaka before he could give away a penalty again.

Liverpool toothless without Mane and Salah - hopefully we can get Sunday's game vs Spurs postponed through injuries/Covid and then a strong Arsenal line up will have too much for that Liverpool side at the Emirates

Master
    Blog Entries
    Liverpool looked mediocre last night, partly their own doing and a solid performance by Arsenal.

They need some decent depth up front, Taki should have scored that all day long at this level.

I would have put Ox on earlier too

To be fair the ref did Arsenal a favour sending off Xhaka before he could give away a penalty again.

Liverpool toothless without Mane and Salah - hopefully we can get Sunday's game vs Spurs postponed through injuries/Covid and then a strong Arsenal line up will have too much for that Liverpool side at the Emirates
    Puts Salah in a strong position for his contract. Crazy Liverpool haven’t got him sorted yet and it’d be a big boost for the rest of us if he goes. Think they’ll sort it soon after the last few games.

Good performance by Arsenal in the circumstances.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    Puts Salah in a strong position for his contract. Crazy Liverpool haven’t got him sorted yet and it’d be a big boost for the rest of us if he goes. Think they’ll sort it soon after the last few games.
    It’s all rumours but the suggestion is they are miles apart on the wages. He allegedly wants £400k pw and FSG baulking at that because of (a) the wage structure gets blown away and (b) he’s 30 so does his performance start to tail off? 3 year deal at £400k pw is £62m. But if they let him go, have they got any replacement lined up?? And what would that cost? I think even Liverpool supporters recognise they have become over reliant on Salah’s goals and assists.

It’s all rumours but the suggestion is they are miles apart on the wages. He allegedly wants £400k pw and FSG baulking at that because of (a) the wage structure gets blown away and (b) he’s 30 so does his performance start to tail off? 3 year deal at £400k pw is £62m. But if they let him go, have they got any replacement lined up?? And what would that cost? I think even Liverpool supporters recognise they have become over reliant on Salah’s goals and assists.
    But who could afford those wages in the current state of football, no one in Spain or Italy, PSG maybe. I would sell him and use the cash to invest in the squad, similar to how they did with Countinho.

But who could afford those wages in the current state of football, no one in Spain or Italy, PSG maybe. I would sell him and use the cash to invest in the squad, similar to how they did with Countinho.
    If he were to run down his contract then a new club could give him an enormous payment up front that would likely mean they get him for a lot less than his market value and he still nets the money he wants.

It would make more sense for Liverpool to sell now, but for his potential suitors it would be better to wait and only deal with the player. That way there'll be a bidding war with Salah having his pick. So I can't see him being sold (famous last words!)

Master
    That’s probably the “cold light of day” option but the fans won’t be happy and they’d need to find a replacement at a similar level (and how difficult/expensive will that be) or risk falling out of top 4 contention which is financially huge. And that’s before they address the number of other players who are into their 30s ….

That’s probably the “cold light of day” option but the fans won’t be happy and they’d need to find a replacement at a similar level (and how difficult/expensive will that be) or risk falling out of top 4 contention which is financially huge. And that’s before they address the number of other players who are into their 30s ….
    I think Klopp has enough goodwill in the bank to do what he wants at Liverpool. I think the point raised is valid though around who replaces him.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    As a united fan it's depressing

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Is it ?

Try being a Norwich fan

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Liverpool looked mediocre last night, partly their own doing and a solid performance by Arsenal.

They need some decent depth up front, Taki should have scored that all day long at this level.

I would have put Ox on earlier too
    Wouldn’t say it’s the attack that’s the issue it’s the midfield.

Henderson Fabinho Milner as crabby as you can get in midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    I think Klopp has enough goodwill in the bank to do what he wants at Liverpool. I think the point raised is valid though around who replaces him.
    Problem is he has raised the bar so that FSG and the support expect Champions League football and a title challenge as the minimum requirement. Salah’s form has possibly masked shortcomings elsewhere on the pitch. Did they miss the opportunity to refresh on the back of the league win. It’s a typical criticism where clubs fail to improve when they’ve had success. Ferguson was always building ahead however successful Manchester United were.

Problem is he has raised the bar so that FSG and the support expect Champions League football and a title challenge as the minimum requirement. Salah’s form has possibly masked shortcomings elsewhere on the pitch. Did they miss the opportunity to refresh on the back of the league win. It’s a typical criticism where clubs fail to improve when they’ve had success. Ferguson was always building ahead however successful Manchester United were.
    A good perspective with Ferguson and United but I’d also argue he let a few players go early.

Either way, I think the owners have to back Klopp over a contract renewal. I just struggle to see where they go without Salah as that front three are so intertwined, it feels like there’s no ready replacement.

Football 1 Anti-football 0