closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,800 of 2157

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post

if you want to talk about conspiracy theories and the footballing elite then you need to look no further than UEFA’s proposals to allow places in the CL to “legacy” teams based on past record.
    Almost like a 'Super League' in fact

Master
    As a neutral the 85th minute on is why we love football!!! crazy scenes

City should of been out of sight after the first leg and did enough yesterday to go through but small margins make a big difference grealish off the line and a great save a minute later then 5 minutes later madrid are back in it and city all over the shop (Theyve done it a few times this year in fact and you do wonder if its written in the stars for Madrid) I will add the refereeing was appaling last night and the time wasting antics were shocking but thats nothing new for english teams in europe

Peersonally I cant help but think the inability to get a striker in has cost city this year they pass you to death but arent ruthless Liverpool on the other hand are relentless and put teams to bed

Should be a great final 2 iconic teams of the cl but liverpool definite favourites

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    That's probably what Tim Henman said in 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2002 in the interview after his Wimbledon SF match... not!
    You’re comparing my experience as a supporter to a professional sportsman with a short shelf life ?
    Makes sense .

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Pep should have won the CL at least twice more with that Barca team he had and once with Bayern.
    For the standard of teams he's had at his disposal his CL record is poor.
    Ferguson is certainly in that bracket as well…..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Ferguson is certainly in that bracket as well…..
    Ferguson is the first to admit he underachieved in Europe with 'only' two CL titles, but it's not as easy as some would make out and no manager has won more than three.

Ancelotti now has the chance to become the first manager to win four CL titles.

Master
    Blog Entries
    To think he could still be at Everton …

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Hola, ahora apoyo al Real Madrid.

I normally work on the grounds of geographical proximity …but I just can’t stand the idea of plastic Scousers emerging in their shiny new Liverpool tops…

z
    As a lifelong Liverpool supporter and season ticket holder from 1977-86, your opinion is misguided and of little interest.

If you look at worldwide support for British clubs, ManU and Liverpool are head and shoulders above the rest.

Always have been, likely always will - they represent the best of English footy over the past 60 years.

The noisy neighbours are not of interest to fans worldwide.

Imagine what Liverpool could achieve if they had access to the limitless supply of blood-money that City have enjoyed for the past ten years.

I hope that the majority of TZ folks will lend their support to Liverpool, at least for one night!

Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    As a lifelong Liverpool supporter and season ticket holder from 1977-86, your opinion is misguided and of little interest.

If you look at worldwide support for British clubs, ManU and Liverpool are head and shoulders above the rest.

Always have been, likely always will - they represent the best of English footy over the past 60 years.

Imagine what Liverpool could achieve if they had access to the limitless supply of blood-money that City have enjoyed for the past ten years.

I hope that the majority of TZ folks will lend their support to Liverpool, at least for one night!
    Just remind me how poor FSG and John Henry are or the Moores family were that brought Liverpool the success that gained them global fame. Many saw the signing of Klopp as a real coup given how far Liverpool had fallen from the glory days.

I have nothing but respect for the football Liverpool play and they have some truly exceptional players and manger but I’ll be willing Madrid on in the final because a huge chunk of Liverpool fans are self righteous (as evidenced by your own comments) obnoxious idiots who believe their club are the special one and show little or no respect for other clubs in the league as evidenced by the attack on the City coach which, given the tragedy of Hillsborough, you’d think they’d show more respect for others.

If Liverpool do win the CL it will be nothing less than they deserve given their consistency and outstanding football at times this season.

Journeyman

Oh Sweet Baby Jesus and the orphans !! Another one 😳 It truly is a cult .

Oh , and as for blood money , take a look at the sponsors emblazoned across your team shirts .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Oh Sweet Baby Jesus and the orphans !! Another one  It truly is a cult .

Oh , and as for blood money , take a look at the sponsors emblazoned across your team shirts .
    Do Standard Chartered employ tens of thousands of third world emigrees in primeval conditions to toil and die in order to construct the Abu Dhabi dream ?

The fate of these poor souls is well documented, and often overlooked.

Master
    Do Standard Chartered employ tens of thousands of third world emigrees in primeval conditions to toil and die in order to construct the Abu Dhabi dream ?

No-one’s perfect!

https://www.theguardian.com/business...tions-breaches

anti-money-laundering breaches that included “shortcomings” in its counter-terrorism finance controls in the Middle East”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frances...nancial-crime/

“SCB’s sanctions-breaking habit is of long standing. In 2004, it signed a “Written Agreement” with the Federal Reserve and New York regulator which specified changes it must make to its procedures to comply with anti-money laundering laws. The agreement ended in 2007 – but SCB did not change its ways. A cease & desist order issued in 2012 discloses that even after SBC had signed the Written Agreement, SCB’s New York branch deliberately circumvented U.S. sanctions, particularly against Iran”

https://www.ft.com/content/956cc32f-...6-96939e96f45c

Standard Chartered fined £46m over regulatory reporting failures
    Last edited by David_D; 5th May 2022 at 21:49.

Rangers in the Europa league final.

Wonder what Gerrard must be thinking

Congrats to Rangers. Really restoring pride in Scottish football on the international stage.

Absolute scenes at Ibrox!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Congrats to Rangers. Really restoring pride in Scottish football on the international stage.
    Fair play, that’s a massive achievement.

What a night in Glasgow. Amazing. Wasn't long ago they were in non league!

And Southgate should have a look at some of their English lads

West Ham and Leicester disappointing, Mourinho doing the business yet again!

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    What a night in Glasgow. Amazing. Wasn't long ago they were in non league!

And Southgate should have a look at some of their English lads

West Ham and Leicester disappointing, Mourinho doing the business yet again!

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk
    There has been talk of Kent, Kamara, Aribo etc moving down south for a while, will be interesting to see if any offers come in at the close of season.

Kent can be very hit and miss he is definitely better in Europe.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    No-one’s perfect!

https://www.theguardian.com/business...tions-breaches

“anti-money-laundering breaches that included “shortcomings†in its counter-terrorism finance controls in the Middle Eastâ€

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frances...nancial-crime/

“SCB’s sanctions-breaking habit is of long standing. In 2004, it signed a “Written Agreement†with the Federal Reserve and New York regulator which specified changes it must make to its procedures to comply with anti-money laundering laws. The agreement ended in 2007 – but SCB did not change its ways. A cease & desist order issued in 2012 discloses that even after SBC had signed the Written Agreement, SCB’s New York branch deliberately circumvented U.S. sanctions, particularly against Iranâ€

https://www.ft.com/content/956cc32f-...6-96939e96f45c

Standard Chartered fined £46m over regulatory reporting failures
    Probably someone else’s fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I got a ticket for the final in the uefa ballot!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Rangers in the Europa league final.

Wonder what Gerrard must be thinking
    Grudgingly I have to say that is a great achievement and especially without Morelos so fair play.
    Caveat being they will be 2nd best team in Glasgow this year.

Craftsman
    Best atmosphere in British football at Ibrox, booked flights to Faro when we beat Dortmund. Now need to find a ticket!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Probably someone else’s fault

Think a fair few been done for not doing anti-laundering checks. HSBC for sure did

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good on Rangers, hope they win it.

No , what they do is a little bit more sinister .
    Maybe you should look a little closer to home before you harp on about blood money .

Let's take a quick break from the tribalism. Slightly off topic, but I just read this on The Upshot and thought it was pretty funny

Boris Becker isn't the only fan favourite in trouble with the law - former Aston Villa striker John Carew is facing six years in the slammer over tax fraud.

Tough break, although still not the most unfortunate thing that's happened to the Norwegian target man.

That accolade belongs to the tattoo on his neck, which was meant to spell out "my life, my rules" in French.

Sadly a misplaced 'é’ means the tattoo actually reads: "my life, my menstruation".

Still, it'll make a good icebreaker if he ends up in the joint.

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperySam View Post
    Well the Chelsea demographic certainly has changed from my formative years

Blog Entries
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Champions League final score.

Sad story for West Ham last night - Cresswell given straight red again after only 17 minutes.

That said, Eintracht Frankfurt are a fantastic team and I can't see past them for the final.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperySam View Post
    West Ham only fourth?

They're slipping!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Sad story for West Ham last night - Cresswell given straight red again after only 17 minutes.

That said, Eintracht Frankfurt are a fantastic team and I can't see past them for the final.
    Yes I felt bad for Moyes felt he deserved a crack at the final. Great run all the same, though can't help but feel what could have been had they kept 11 players in the pitch as they started very well and were good up until that point.

Craftsman

Frankfurt sitting 11th in the Bundesliga. Rangers already put out Dortmund and Leipzig who are sitting 2nd and 5th respectively.

I started with the West Ham game last night, but as soon as they went 1-0 down I thought game over and switched over to the Rangers game. What a cracking game and the end result was well deserved. In a one off final I don’t think they have anything to fear, just go for it.

Back in the real world, Leicester away for us on Sunday. Let’s hope they have their flip-flops on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I started with the West Ham game last night, but as soon as they went 1-0 down I thought game over and switched over to the Rangers game. What a cracking game and the end result was well deserved. In a one off final I don’t think they have anything to fear, just go for it.

Back in the real world, Leicester away for us on Sunday. Let’s hope they have their flip-flops on.
    You think so? Everton seem to have hit the nuclear button and going full on 70s football. Put the boot in and win by any means, think this is going to be a very tough game for Leicester.

Master
    The Pogba to Manchester City rumours flying around would ordinarily be dismissed by me as complete tosh, however we live in a time where anything is possible.

Whilst we know how most United fans would feel about such move I would be interested to know what the City fans would feel should the rumours become reality.

He wants to work with Pep apparently which is understandable, but why would a club as stable as City take a chance on someone potentially very disruptive in the changing room, allegedly of course?

Premier League 2021-22

It happens, Denis Law, Brian Kidd, Peter Schmiechel and the great Billy Meredith.

I reckon Christiano wished he’d moved to City last summer, Wednesday was made for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a united fan, take him. I think it would be a departure from city's strategy, a 30 year old who doesn't work hard enough who would want 400k per week, he's got PSG written all over him.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Toxic - wonder what he will be like with a new agent.

Master
    Pogba the poison in the team, lazy peacock who disappears when the going gets tough.
    A complete clear out is needed and start from the back building a solid base that can actually defend, a midfield with at least 2 players who have an engine that have both forward & reverse gears. The goals will follow if the new Boss can get these bit right.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Frankfurt sitting 11th in the Bundesliga. Rangers already put out Dortmund and Leipzig who are sitting 2nd and 5th respectively.
    Means nothing.

West Ham put out Sevilla, six times winners of the Europa cup and currently third in La Liga.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Rumours abound all the time as we get closer to transfer window. I recall Pogba saying recently that one week the fans are full of praise for him and dissing him the next but he still gets paid both weeks. Whilst it’s true it probably speaks volumes to his mentality.
    I hope he doesn’t come anywhere the Etihad apart from an away match against City. He represents everything that’s wrong in modern football.
    Only signing I’m interested in is Haaland, although word came out that Mbappe had agreed in principal a two year extension at PSG so if that’s the case Real Madrid could easily tempt Haaland their way.

Premier League 2021-22

Well Burnley losing today gives me some hope. Villa again, Leicester and Newcastle to play and I’m wondering if they’ll score another point.

That said, Arsenal, Chelsea, Brentford and Brighton may not yield us any points but I’m hopeful for at least three.

My gut instinct is that Everton will be effectively beyond reach once their games in hand have been caught up.

I could be totally wrong though, I usually am.

Blog Entries
    Super result Brighton pity my club CFC cannot show the same passion and commitment hopefully a complete overhaul for the new season by the new owners.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Great win for Brighton, United capitulated.

Liverpool Tottenham has got all Liverpool and Arsenal fans glued to the TV.

Unless Rangnick has done good work in the background on future strategy and approach, then United might have been better off keeping Ole in the meantime. They’ve gone backwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Liverpool Tottenham has got all Liverpool and Arsenal fans glued to the TV.
    ... & Man City fans too

z

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Well Burnley losing today gives me some hope. Villa again, Leicester and Newcastle to play and I’m wondering if they’ll score another point.

That said, Arsenal, Chelsea, Brentford and Brighton may not yield us any points but I’m hopeful for at least three.

My gut instinct is that Everton will be effectively beyond reach once their games in hand have been caught up.

I could be totally wrong though, I usually am.
    I hope you are bang on right

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    ... & Man City fans too

z
    Yes you could be celebrating the league in around 20 minutes.