closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 2,000 of 2157

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Good to see people sticking to their principles. Bravo.

Master
    The anti English, anti gov, anti royals comes from the “ managed decline “ Tory Gov in the 80s.

Liverpool has never forgotten the tories wanted to bury the city and has always believed the gov only looks after the South etc.

Regarding the Royals it’s the issue these people are born into the monarch and are deemed better than ‘ us lot ‘ whilst only answering to go and seemingly able to pay off their crimes.

Personally I’m not really bothered, wouldn’t boo the national anthem etc but I genuinely despise the tories. My friend used to live in London in a house share and there were a few young Tory politicians living with him. These people were genuinely horrifying. They claim everyone ‘ up north ‘ were borderline sub human and peasants.

But anyway back to football….

I’m actually gutted City didn’t win as now Liverpool we have to play a full strength side in the remaining fixtures as they can mathematically still win the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    I’m actually gutted City didn’t win as now Liverpool we have to play a full strength side in the remaining fixtures as they can mathematically still win the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly what I thought. Could of left the saints game until Wednesday at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Yup, first sending off was a farce though.

I still think they will stay up.
    So do I but it’s still giving us Leeds fans a ray of hope!

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Damn OG by West Ham!! Great pen save mind
    Great game altogether.

Nerve wracking - but great.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    We are booing the establishment.

It's nothing personal against William in particular but he was at the game to represent this establishment.

It's a culmination of the gun boat on the Mersey, Thatcher and the coverup of blame for 97 of our fans dying.

We've been doing it for years its weird that its become a big thing in the media this time.

Far less coverage of the Queen using £10m quid of public money to help her son dodge the paedophilia charge

Klopp was right today when he said you should ask other questions.

Back to footy. I doubt it will happen but Gerrard winning us the league would probably be the the thing to top off my footballing life.

I will go to Paris for the final then might quit footy completely. It's only down from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Great game altogether.

Nerve wracking - but great.
    Gone are the days when City used to hand out a thumping to West Ham. They were superbly organised and took advantage of our makeshift defence. At half time I was worrying that it was going to get worse in the 2nd half. Credit to City for coming back and at least we should have a decent penalty taker from next season 😀

Antonio did himself no favours by complaining so vehemently about the challenges on him. I reckon the ref just got sick of him and thought he was looking for free kicks.

To think that people didn’t want Moyes back for a second stint but he’s done a great job.

Arsenal looking a bit "spursy" of late

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post

First rule of football , always match or outwork your opponent in terms of effort the one thing Arsenal didn’t do all night.

Newcastle wanted it more and outfought Arsenal in every part of the pitch.

Toon!
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post

It's nothing personal against William in particular but he was at the game to represent this establishment.

It's a culmination of the gun boat on the Mersey, Thatcher and the coverup of blame for 97 of our fans dying.

We've been doing it for years its weird that its become a big thing in the media this time.

Far less coverage of the Queen using £10m quid of public money to help her son dodge the paedophilia charge

Back to footy. I doubt it will happen but Gerrard winning us the league would probably be the the thing to top off my footballing life.

I will go to Paris for the final then might quit footy completely. It's only down from there.
    Klopp views on all things outside of football are always measured and intelligent I have found.

- - - Updated - - -

Think they've blown it if I am completely honest!

I can't see Spurs losing against Norwich.
    Last edited by tango; 16th May 2022 at 22:49.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Klopp views on all things outside of football are always measured and intelligent I have found.

- - - Updated - - -

Think they've blown it if I am completely honest!

I can't see Spurs losing against Norwich.
    Boris having a go at Klopp is amusing.

The difference in quality of human between them both is off the charts

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

That’s all well and good but it still doesn’t explain the booing of the traditional hymn Abide With Me .
    Particularly distasteful when the choir were chosen to highlight the suffering of people with sickle cell anemia.
    But, hey ho , at least Jurgen speaks for the people .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    That’s all well and good but it still doesn’t explain the booing of the traditional hymn Abide With Me .
    Particularly distasteful when the choir were chosen to highlight the suffering of people with sickle cell anemia.
    But, hey ho , at least Jurgen speaks for the people .
    I assume its because its considered part of the establishment.

The song has been sung at the FA cup for nearly 100 years and is a particular favourite of various royals including the Queen.

Distasteful is sitting on a golden throne telling the people times are hard.

There is no patriotism in Liverpool.

Just a disgraceful performance from Arsenal, showed nothing, did not even seem to care! Pepe came on lost the ball and the camera zoomed in on him giving a "I don't care" shrug. 1 shot on target in what was our biggest game of the season! Yes, Newcastle played amazingly but still Arsenal needed to show some spirit. Martenelli came on and showed some urgency but that was about it.

Arteta needs to go, I have said it all season. Look at all the other top teams, they have proven top managers, Arteta is nothing but an inexperienced arrogant fool. How many players has he fallen out with and then sold or loaned out, he is like Jose but without any history of being a good manager. I cant image any top players wanting to come to Arsenal, for the manager or the team. Next season will be a huge struggle even for a top 6 spot.

Master

Premier League 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Just a disgraceful performance from Arsenal, showed nothing, did not even seem to care! Pepe came on lost the ball and the camera zoomed in on him giving a "I don't care" shrug. 1 shot on target in what was our biggest game of the season! Yes, Newcastle played amazingly but still Arsenal needed to show some spirit. Martenelli came on and showed some urgency but that was about it.

Arteta needs to go, I have said it all season. Look at all the other top teams, they have proven top managers, Arteta is nothing but an inexperienced arrogant fool. How many players has he fallen out with and then sold or loaned out, he is like Jose but without any history of being a good manager. I cant image any top players wanting to come to Arsenal, for the manager or the team. Next season will be a huge struggle even for a top 6 spot.
    My poor friend did the 600 mile round trip to witness that feeble attempt by Arsenal at trying to secure a champions league place.

Your problems start at the top. Kroenke part time, Vinai out of his depth, Edu in agents pockets, other board members too old. Arteta is inexperienced.

Newcastle were excellent again, to wake up to rumours of Newcastle wanting Jose to replace Howe was disappointing though!

Last edited by tango; 17th May 2022 at 09:28.

Journeyman
    Distasteful is sitting on a golden throne telling the people times are hard.
    Or disrespecting a minute’s silence.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...orough-tribute

Football fans doing what football fans do.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We’re Arsenal a bit spursey last night?

Some fans calling for Atreta to go on talk sport, who would you get in?

Still not over yet for top four, and I wonder if Levey really wants it, he will have to back Conte in CL

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperySam View Post

Weird the way this wasn't on the front of every Tory rag or in fact the prime minister didn't comment on it isn't it?

December 2021 rock bottom with 7 points from 14 games . . .

Fast forward to today and in 12th place with 46 points and a real possibility of a top half finish.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post

Fast forward to today and in 12th place with 46 points and a real possibility of a top half finish.
    I’d be pissed of if I was Howe, amazing job and there are mutterings of him being replaced.

Craftsman

Personally disagree with this. I think Arteta had a massive job on his hands for an inexperienced manager the last few years - and despite the huge disappointment, finishing 5th is very good after 2 consecutive 8th place finishes. He inherited an aged squad which was low on quality and is building one far more competitive. Ultimately the last couple of months have been a massive struggle because we've not had the quality back-up. Considering that all of our core back 4 have either been out or playing injured the entire 2nd half of the season, and we've missed Partey (our best CM) for the run-in, we still put together some decent results. But when Nuno, Cedric, and Elneny are getting regular minutes in the side...

Next step for Arteta is to buy one or two players to improve the starting XI and 3-4 to improve the quality of the squad. He is generally getting more out of these players than I expect other coaches would. He's definitely worth sticking with for a other season, let's see how he handles the addition of the Europa League to our schedule. He's definitely made mistakes this season, but then he's a young and inexperienced manager - I expect him to learn and improve all the time. His trajectory so far has been very strong.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Only there was no actual minutes silence was there ?
    The stadium announcers mentioned a minute’s appreciation, as if that’s a thing . There was no prior notification of the tribute before the game anywhere . Folk didn’t know what was going on . Some stayed silent, some clapped . All the singing came from the concourse under the seats and to make it even more confusing , there was chanting by Liverpool fans in the Club Wembley section above the City fans .
    We all have a minority of idiots but if you knew anything at all about City’s support you couldn’t question their behaviour when respecting a minutes silence at football grounds recently .

Craftsman
    I’d be pissed of if I was Howe, amazing job and there are mutterings of him being replaced.
    Mutterings from the Daily Express, it will not happen, Eddie Howe will not be losing any sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Personally disagree with this. I think Arteta had a massive job on his hands for an inexperienced manager the last few years - and despite the huge disappointment, finishing 5th is very good after 2 consecutive 8th place finishes. He inherited an aged squad which was low on quality and is building one far more competitive. Ultimately the last couple of months have been a massive struggle because we've not had the quality back-up. Considering that all of our core back 4 have either been out or playing injured the entire 2nd half of the season, and we've missed Partey (our best CM) for the run-in, we still put together some decent results. But when Nuno, Cedric, and Elneny are getting regular minutes in the side...

Next step for Arteta is to buy one or two players to improve the starting XI and 3-4 to improve the quality of the squad. He is generally getting more out of these players than I expect other coaches would. He's definitely worth sticking with for a other season, let's see how he handles the addition of the Europa League to our schedule. He's definitely made mistakes this season, but then he's a young and inexperienced manager - I expect him to learn and improve all the time. His trajectory so far has been very strong.

I agree with you. The knee jerk reaction would be to look at replacing Arteta but clearly Arsenal on the whole haven't the quality in squad depth to play in the champions league. The players we do have that could feasibly get into a top 4 squad have all been developed or bought recently by Edu and Arteta so the signs are we're heading in the right direction but we can't replace the squad en masse over a couple of seasons.

If our full strength side is available we look amazing but as soon as we lose one player it seems it all falls apart, so it's clear we need to continue to strengthen over the next couple of windows. Players like Nketiah, Lacazette, Holding, Tavares, Cedric and the many players we have on loan will all need to go to help allow this to happen- we've seen that when Tierney, Tomiyasu or Partey are out their backups just aren't good enough for a champions league side with the same going for Laca, Pepe and Nketiah up front.

I'm optimistic about the future, but there's a hell of a lot of work to do!

Journeyman
    Only there was no actual minutes silence was there ?
    The stadium announcers mentioned a minute’s appreciation, as if that’s a thing . There was no prior notification of the tribute before the game anywhere . Folk didn’t know what was going on . Some stayed silent, some clapped . All the singing came from the concourse under the seats and to make it even more confusing , there was chanting by Liverpool fans in the Club Wembley section above the City fans .
    We all have a minority of idiots but if you knew anything at all about City’s support you couldn’t question their behaviour when respecting a minutes silence at football grounds recently .
    It was announced as a "period of remembrance" and it's abundantly obvious what was meant and most fans observed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR2fA56TTSc

Of course it's probably all just media/IFAB/VAR/UEFA/FIFA bias. For what's worth I think LFC need to stop the minute's silence for Hillsborough away from Anfield now. It causes too much animosity with other clubs.
    Last edited by SlipperySam; 17th May 2022 at 12:07.

Quote Originally Posted by wotsthecrack View Post
    Mutterings from the Daily Express, it will not happen, Eddie Howe will not be losing any sleep.

As above. Mourinho? I can't imagine why any club would want that poisoned chalice in charge.
    F.T.F.A.

Agree completely. Eddie Howe has brought the team together and bonded it with the fans again. The owners have been amazing too, creating a thoroughly inclusive environment around the club and the city. Jose systematically sucks the life and joy out of every club he works for. Why would anyone involved with our club want that?

As above. Mourinho? I can't imagine why any club would want that poisoned chalice in charge.

Craftsman
    Btw should have said - Arsenal were absolutely terrible last night, but what Eddie Howe has done with Newcastle is absolutely fantastic. They were superb from start to finish, and all the analysis of Arsenal's failings shouldn't detract from that. Congrats to the Toon and their fans, some wonderful times to come I'm sure!

And the team is pretty much the same with no marquee signings.

Just shows the difference a decent manager makes Bob. Howe is light years ahead of gormless Geordie Bruce.

If NU get rid of him it will be a travesty .
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Honestly that won't happen. Eddie's safe for the next season at least.

And the team is pretty much the same with no marquee signings.

Just shows the difference a decent manager makes Bob. Howe is light years ahead of gormless Geordie Bruce.

If NU get rid of him it will be a travesty .

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Honestly that won't happen. Eddie's safe for the next season at least.
    You may be surprised.

With all that Saudi money swilling around the owners may feel that Howe has not had experience in the big time transfer market (and in fairness he hasn't).

West Ham's owners thought the same after Moyes saved us from relegation. At the end of his (short) contract he was shipped out for somebody used to dealing with high end players etc from his time at Man City.

Pellegrini.

Unmitigated disaster!

Thank Gawd they managed to get Moyes back.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

It was announced as a "period of remembrance" and it's abundantly obvious what was meant and most fans observed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR2fA56TTSc

Of course it's probably all just media/IFAB/VAR/UEFA/FIFA bias. For what's worth I think LFC need to stop the minute's silence for Hillsborough away from Anfield now. It causes too much animosity with other clubs.
    That simply reinforces my point .
    When the stadium announcement began, people were clapping . It’s also pretty clear that the singing isn’t coming from the stands, it’s too subdued .
    https://youtu.be/D9nX9B2jCBY

Master
    You may be surprised.

With all that Saudi money swilling around the owners may feel that Howe has not had experience in the big time transfer market (and in fairness he hasn't).

West Ham's owners thought the same after Moyes saved us from relegation. At the end of his (short) contract he was shipped out for somebody used to dealing with high end players etc from his time at Man City.

Pellegrini.

Unmitigated disaster!

Thank Gawd they managed to get Moyes back.
    This is a very real possibility sadly. There is every chance the powers that be in Saudi Arabia feel Howe is not the man to attract or deal with the kind of high profile players they would want to attract to put their country on the map so to speak.

It would be an absolute travesty but remains probable all the same. It's less about the football club and more about making the country look better and more appealing to the rest of the world, what better way to gain exposure than to sign the highest profile players. Lionel Messi being appointed Saudi Arabia’s tourism ambassador is a good example of how things may be shaping up going forward.

Abu Dhabi purchased Manchester City for exactly the same reasons and it worked wonders for them. I have no reason to believe the decision makers sat in Saudi Arabia would not see it fit to follow exactly the same model as that of their neighbours, who have had great success in promoting Abu Dhabi through their acquisition of a football club.

And with oil price at over $100 a barrel they will undoubtedly have the funds to try and attract the highest profile players, albeit those past their prime in the absence of champions league.

But then again I may be completely wrong and am being overly cynical.
    Last edited by tango; 17th May 2022 at 14:16.

Abu Dhabi didn’t purchase Manchester City

Journeyman
    That simply reinforces my point .
    When the stadium announcement began, people were clapping . It’s also pretty clear that the singing isn’t coming from the stands, it’s too subdued .
    https://youtu.be/D9nX9B2jCBY
    No chance that this is just from the concourse.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jVJulnmjdBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up7fWak9XHc
    Last edited by SlipperySam; 17th May 2022 at 14:34.

Craftsman

And with oil price at over $100 a barrel they will undoubtedly have the funds to try and attract the highest profile players, albeit those past their prime in the absence of champions league.

But then again I may be completely wrong and am being overly cynical.
    Financial Fair Play rules apply so we will be limited to the funds available. I don't think "big" names will be arriving in the summer. Lucas Paqueta would be my first choice. The last thing needed would be a "big" name with a poor attitude arriving and disrupting the excellent team spirit that has been apparent since November.

Master
    Abu Dhabi didn’t purchase Manchester City
    Quite true just like Mohammed bin Salman has not purchased Newcastle United.

Weird the way this wasn't on the front of every Tory rag or in fact the prime minister didn't comment on it isn't it?

A number of pubs in Bristol holding a 3 day ‘Anti-Jubilee’ party. Liverpool fans to blame again 😂

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    A number of pubs in Bristol holding a 3 day ‘Anti-Jubilee’ party. Liverpool fans to blame again 😂
    Lock up your statues……

Master
    Liverpool’s starting 11 tonight really showed they have depth in the squad.

For them to take it the title to the last weekend of the season is testament to Klopp and the players, who in January some 14 points behind Man City could have believed it was a foregone conclusion.

I do not think City will slip up, but credit to both teams and the entertaining football they play and hats off to both managers stand are a world apart from all others currently managing.

Regardless of who wins the title my respect to both teams for making it as entertaining and as close as they have yet again.

Received this yesterday and no idea as to it’s accuracy but very interesting. It would be even better if it incorporated wage costs as well as transfers (perhaps it already does). Wouldn’t it be great if a handicapping system was introduced to level the field - so the bigger spending clubs start a season on a sliding scale of minus points

Master
    well done to liverpool for taking it to the last day - though I must say Jamie Redknapp lovin for klopp was cringy and there is a real desire among the media for Liverpool to do it - I hope City win it

In other notes and away from the PL - the idiot who headbutted Billy sharp in the forest win is everything thats wrong with football

Grand Master
    Have we any idea why the booing ?
    RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries
    Received this yesterday and no idea as to it’s accuracy but very interesting. It would be even better if it incorporated wage costs as well as transfers (perhaps it already does). Wouldn’t it be great if a handicapping system was introduced to level the field - so the bigger spending clubs start a season on a sliding scale of minus points
    Everton would be relegated on a minus points system

It certainly was a bit Spursy, wasn't it

Whether it's Arsenal or Spurs in 5th spot come Sunday evening, next season will see Newcastle in the mix for European places, making entry into the CL even more difficult. Assuming we hang onto Conte (or at worst see a Conte/Pochettino "swap") I think that's when Arteta is likely to get found out - or, perhaps, found out again. FWIW, I agree that his arrogance is greater than his talent.

Liverpool’s starting 11 tonight really showed they have depth in the squad.

For them to take it the title to the last weekend of the season is testament to Klopp and the players, who in January some 14 points behind Man City could have believed it was a foregone conclusion.

I do not think City will slip up, but credit to both teams and the entertaining football they play and hats off to both managers stand are a world apart from all others currently managing.

Regardless of who wins the title my respect to both teams for making it as entertaining and as close as they have yet again.
    I'd agree with you, save that Conte is in that mix as well. His points tally since arriving, with a substantially inferior squad proves it, as do his results against Liverpool and City this season.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Have we any idea why the booing ?
    It goes back to issues with tory government in the 80s - the irony of match going fans is that half of them wont even be aware why they are doing it
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 18th May 2022 at 13:56.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'd agree with you, save that Conte is in that mix as well. His points tally since arriving, with a substantially inferior squad proves it, as do his results against Liverpool and City this season.
    Conte is top class manager without doubt. Would I put him on par with Klopp and Pep? If I am completely honest it would not be an easy question to answer, I can not emphatically say I wouldn't but equally I am not so sure I could. Time will tell I suppose.

Conte is top class manager without doubt. Would I put him on par with Klopp and Pep? If I am completely honest it would not be an easy question to answer, I can not emphatically say I wouldn't but equally I am not so sure I could. Time will tell I suppose.
    Well, had I remembered to mention his track record prior to coming to Tottenham the case may have been more compelling, but yes, I understand where you're coming from. I do think he's their equal, though, or at least also on a different level to everyone else.