closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,650 of 2157

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Master
    Yes and so it's in your own hands once again.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Yes and so it's in your own hands once again.
    And that's a huge worry as well as we look anything but secure.

Master
    So Pogba is confirmed as out for the season.

Will you be glad to see the back of him or are there many United fans around who still feel he is a great player and that the other players around him and managers playing him incorrectly are to blame?

Master
    So Pogba is confirmed as out for the season.

Will you be glad to see the back of him or are there many United fans around who still feel he is a great player and that the other players around him and managers playing him incorrectly are to blame?
    Along with Sanchez, our worst signing ever. Undoubted ability but only shows it one game in ten. I have no doubt he’s behind a lot of the others throwing Jose and Ole under the bus too.

I don’t remember too many United players over the years (apart from Di Maria) being called out from the stands in such a vocal way. In his case and Di Maria’s they deserved everything they got

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Along with Sanchez, our worst signing ever. Undoubted ability but only shows it one game in ten. I have no doubt he’s behind a lot of the others throwing Jose and Ole under the bus too.

I don’t remember too many United players over the years (apart from Di Maria) being called out from the stands in such a vocal way. In his case and Di Maria’s they deserved everything they got
    See that has been my sentiment on Pogba for many years, yet as I am not a United fan, it has always been considered as me being tribal and hating United's best player by all my friends who are United supporters.

What's always surprised me though is that so many United season ticket holder fans have argued so passionately against me that it's not Pogba's fault and instead all those around him.

I just can't get my head around this as for me it is clear for all and sundry to see, if they are being honest and impartial that Pogba is clearly not the player he and others would like to have us believe.

Master
    I’m sorry to say your friends must not watch much football to see he’s the problem

His ego makes him think he can hold off 3 players and escape with the ball. The reality is the opposite and he causes more dangerous counters than I care to remember

Add in his lack of work rate and he’s an absolute liability

Talented lad, but more interested in his IG followers and haircuts than winning trophies, sadly

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I’m sorry to say your friends must not watch much football to see he’s the problem

His ego makes him think he can hold off 3 players and escape with the ball. The reality is the opposite and he causes more dangerous counters than I care to remember

Add in his lack of work rate and he’s an absolute liability

Talented lad, but more interested in his IG followers and haircuts than winning trophies, sadly
    With Pogba,most Utd supporters always looked for the ‘ sign X to unlock Pogba s potential ‘
    It’s only right that he’s getting called out by the match going fans. He’s been a fraud since he re signed at Old Trafford and won’t be missed.
    The fee and wages he’s amassed are an embarrassment to the club .

Master
    ^^ 100% agree

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    With Pogba,most Utd supporters always looked for the ‘ sign X to unlock Pogba s potential ‘
    It’s only right that he’s getting called out by the match going fans. He’s been a fraud since he re signed at Old Trafford and won’t be missed.
    The fee and wages he’s amassed are an embarrassment to the club .
    He’s amazing in a France shirt though. Wonder if he plays golf…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    And that there is the commonly used argument made by United fans I know who would defend him.

Master
    International football is nowhere near the standard of the Premier League, how could it be? It’s teams of players who only meet up a few time a year, playing for generally lesser managers in systems completely alien to them

It suits Pogba as the pace is much slower and he has time to find those 70 yard balls — which he’s very good at admittedly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Must say i loved the Man U penalty
    Have been out all day and could not watch the CFC - WH game but apparently Jorginho has been watching how take a pony pen dvd.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Have been out all day and could not watch the CFC - WH game but apparently Jorginho has been watching how take a pony pen dvd.
    To be fair he pranced like a prize pony in the run up to the penalty!

Atletico Everton

Master
    Everton's position real precarious now, very real possibility Frank could be taking them down, maybe Rafa was the better option after all.

I’m looking forward to Ivan confirming that the Gordon /Matip decision was the most blatant penalty in the history of football .

And why does Spitty Carragher get to commentate on Liverpool ? His (and Tyler) s sycophancy is embarrassing.

Everton's position real precarious now, very real possibility Frank could be taking them down, maybe Rafa was the better option after all.
    Did not think it would actually happen but its starting to look like a reality now Everton are going down. Burnley have got a bit of a lift having a new manager the whole spoiling tactics seemed a bit last throw of the dice by Lampard and now thats not worked I dont see what else they have? Next game against Chelsea will be interesting they have to win but I dont see where the winners are in that team and it just seems to me that Lampard has taken the fight out of them. I have no doubt Rafa would have done a better job simply because he is a more experienced manager than Lampard but thats what the fans wanted so.......

Will be interesting to see what team Liverpool send out midweek, they have had some pretty exhausting games for the past few weeks I wonder of Millner and Jones get a run in the first 11? Think Henderson will be a definite start.

I’m looking forward to Ivan confirming that the Gordon /Matip decision was the most blatant penalty in the history of football .
    Best not be holding your breath then man......😂

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Best not be holding your breath then man......
    Awwww .
    I’ve missed you too 💋

Master
    I didn’t actually want to see Everton relegated this season until I watched that first half. Richarlison was an embarrassment today - maybe he’d been told to play that way but seriously, have a shred of self respect.

Alisson’s Pickford impression at the end got the biggest cheer of the day - hilarious!

And why does Spitty Carragher get to commentate on Liverpool ? His (and Tyler) s sycophancy is embarrassing.

I have to agree with this , yes they are a great team but leave the brown nosing out of it

38mins in at. 0-0 Tyler was rattling on about they need luck so far

I can't stand Everton and hope they go down but what were they meant to do today? Their organised, defensive discipline in the first half was excellent but they couldn't keep it going for the whole game. Play expansive football against Liverpool and you get battered.

I don't agree with the play-acting of the ever-annoying Richarlison but I do think they needed to have a Jose-esque set up today.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Atletico Everton

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    When N’Golo Kante does all the running for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I can't stand Everton and hope they go down but what were they meant to do today? Their organised, defensive discipline in the first half was excellent but they couldn't keep it going for the whole game. Play expansive football against Liverpool and you get battered.

I don't agree with the play-acting of the ever-annoying Richarlison but I do think they needed to have a Jose-esque set up today.
    They did the same against Man U, every time Man United attacked they just put everyone in the box Man United just did the same thing over and over, try and put a cross into Ronaldo who was on his own in the box surrounded by about 6 or 7 Everton players. Man United's tactics were like watching a blue bottle hitting a window every time when the window next to it is wide open.

Liverpool just had the good sense to change things around after half time.

It appears that Gabriel Jesus to Arsenal is a done deal for the summer according to several reports. Interesting. He's a good player and an upgrade on Lacazette but is he at the level we need? I guess we're not a club in the market for the Harry Kane's and Mbappe's of this world but is he the mobile number 9 that Arsenal are crying out for?
    Last edited by ryanb741; 25th April 2022 at 08:28.

Master

It was definitely a pen for me !

Master
    Time for parachute payments to go. Too many sides yo-yoing between the prem and championship as they are not good enough for prem but have a huge financial advantage in the championship. They tried in November but most prem clubs vetoed the move. That money is far better spread evenly amongst the lower divisions, not rewarding failure.

Agree with Souey, if Gordon does not take a blatant dive in the first half, the ref probably gives the penalty later on. But what's the point of VAR if that kind of thing doesn't get given?. A bit like Fernandes only getting a yellow for a bad cynical tackle.

Master
    Blog Entries
    It was very similar to the Elanga one not given in the Man Utd game.

It appears that Gabriel Jesus to Arsenal is a done deal for the summer according to several reports. Interesting. He's a good player and an upgrade on Lacazette but is he at the level we need? I guess we're not a club in the market for the Harry Kane's and Mbappe's of this world but is he the mobile number 9 that Arsenal are crying out for?
    I read this a few days back and feel optimistic that it could work out well. He has scored a decent number for City, he's still young and could fit in well. Did not think it would happen until Pep said he does not care if he stays or leaves, which is a pretty harsh comment. Jesus is out of contract next summer so he could be purchased at a decent price.

Master

Premier League 2021-22

I have to say I don’t think he is what you need. Don’t get me wrong I think he is a decent player but how would he fare in a team, which we all due respect lacks the experience and quality of the team he’’s leaving. He’’s not the leader type player who would take the game by the scruff of the neck and take the whole team along with him.

I think Jesus is a great squad player in any top 4 team but not the striker to rely on for the majority of fixtures in a season.

City fans may disagree as they would have watched him a lot more than what I’ve seen of him.

They did exactly the same against City in February and it took a dreadful VAR error to help us win. Personally I’m not against 10 men behind the ball and the counter attack where possible. It doesn’t necessarily make for an entertaining game however. With AM though, they have the talent to play a more exiting style of football. It’s the fact they choose not to that is puzzling.

Lampard has undone all the good he earned as Derby manager with his stints at Chelsea and Everton. You can’t blame him for taking such jobs but he’s not ready for PL management yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    I read this a few days back and feel optimistic that it could work out well. He has scored a decent number for City, he's still young and could fit in well. Did not think it would happen until Pep said he does not care if he stays or leaves, which is a pretty harsh comment. Jesus is out of contract next summer so he could be purchased at a decent price.
    When did Pep say this ?
    He’s known for acknowledging that if a player wants to leave, he won’t stand in his way but he’d never say he didn’t care if they leave or stay .
    There’s a contract on the table for Jesus but he might think he deserves more playing time . He’s coming to his prime years and may fancy a change although I know he’s one of Peps favourites . He chased him before he arrived at the club and personally rang him to get him over .
    I still think it might be Sterling who leaves .

Blog Entries
    ...I still think it might be Sterling who leaves .
    I wouldn't lose any tears over that - he's been frustrating to watch recently.

z

When did Pep say this ?
    He’s known for acknowledging that if a player wants to leave, he won’t stand in his way but he’d never say he didn’t care if they leave or stay .
    There’s a contract on the table for Jesus but he might think he deserves more playing time . He’s coming to his prime years and may fancy a change although I know he’s one of Peps favourites . He chased him before he arrived at the club and personally rang him to get him over .
    I still think it might be Sterling who leaves .
    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ransfer-gossip

Its in a few of the papers, apparently he said :

“When he has days like today, I am the happiest man in the world! Every player is happy when they play 90 minutes all the time but at the end of the season whether he wants to extend, stay or leave, I don’t know or don’t care"

I would be absolutely gutted if he left us Ryan. That lad has a brilliant goals to games ratio and was a striker when we bought him. I don’t think we have ever played him in his best position and he usually ends up on the wing. In fairness he plays there for Brazil too. Scored some big goals, works as hard as anyone in the team, and chases down from the front. Two of his four goals at the weekend were as a result of him closing down defenders. The lad is a class act…….

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    When did Pep say that he doesn’t care if he leaves or stays? Not Pep’s style to do that, and he was waxing lyrical after Saturdays Gabby show. I know Juve are after him but he also likes working with Arteta, as most of the city squad did.

Craftsman
    Would love Jesus at Arsenal, he's a brilliant player and reminds me of Henry in the respect he's at a big team getting played on the wing. We could unleash him through the middle and supply chances, his goals to game ratio shows he is an excellent finisher.

I don't believe those quotes from Pep, the actual interviews after the game I've seen he was full of praise for Gabriel and indicated he wanted him to stay.

I'm sure Arsenal won't be the only club in for him at a price of around £30-40m, let's hope Arteta has/can convince him to be part of our project.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Someone get Amanda Staveley on the phone!

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Would love Jesus at Arsenal, he's a brilliant player and reminds me of Henry in the respect he's at a big team getting played on the wing. We could unleash him through the middle and supply chances, his goals to game ratio shows he is an excellent finisher.

I don't believe those quotes from Pep, the actual interviews after the game I've seen he was full of praise for Gabriel and indicated he wanted him to stay.

I'm sure Arsenal won't be the only club in for him at a price of around £30-40m, let's hope Arteta has/can convince him to be part of our project.

Craftsman
    Hahaha I'm sure he'd fit in well with the growing Brazilian Toon contingent! Bruno is some player, gutted we missed out on him but you all must be delighted!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

At 24 years old, Bruno looks a class act already. It took a few games to get used to the pace of the EPL but now he's flying. Range of passing is great, likes a tackle, gets through loads of work and has an eye for goal. What more could you want. An absolute steal at £35m. What's refreshing is that in the past, these players would always be sold but now we don't have to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Hahaha I'm sure he'd fit in well with the growing Brazilian Toon contingent! Bruno is some player, gutted we missed out on him but you all must be delighted!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

You’ve forgotten the new Toon tax which will accompany most of your new signings .
    Just be thankful Bruce is no longer in charge or you’d be buying all United’s dross .

There’s many reasons we’re thankful Bruce is no longer here! Yes the Toon Tax, that’s fine, we can afford it ;)

Adding Jesus and a quality #10 would be ideal with Bruno and Big Joe behind. Put Botman in the back four and I think we’d have a decent season.

You’ve forgotten the new Toon tax which will accompany most of your new signings .
    Just be thankful Bruce is no longer in charge or you’d be buying all United’s dross .

Craftsman
    There’s many reasons we’re thankful Bruce is no longer here! Yes the Toon Tax, that’s fine, we can afford it ;)

Adding Jesus and a quality #10 would be ideal with Bruno and Big Joe behind. Put Botman in the back four and I think we’d have a decent season.
    I thought Botman was headed to Milan? Plenty of CBs around who could improve your defence though. Perhaps we could loan you Saliba for a season of PL experience?

I've always had a soft spot for Newcastle with it being the closest Premier League ground to me in Edinburgh. Been to many great games there in the away end for Arsenal, and the home end for quite a few too. Great to see the fantastic fanbase finally have some luck after the dreadful Ashley saga.

City should already be in the final and yet probably it is advantage Madrid. Lack of quality up front in the form of a lethal striker is harming them. If City had Benzema they'd be taking a 4 goal advantage to the Bernebeu

Master
    Blog Entries
    City should already be in the final and yet probably it is advantage Madrid. Lack of quality up front in the form of a lethal striker is harming them. If City had Benzema they'd be taking a 4 goal advantage to the Bernebeu
    I would say far from Advantage Madrid.

They have to win by 1 goal just to force extra time.

I’m not sure tbh. No doubt City missed chances but City had Stones subbed in 1st half (although Fernandinho was excellent apart from goal) Cancello and Walker out who should both be back for next week. City will be well up for it next week.

What a game of football though, brilliant stuff for 90 minutes, reminded me of the Spurs QF. At least one Madrid team believes in playing football.

Was a very good match, Mahrez should have scored 3 himself. The only piece missing a world class striker. City could / should have scored 7 or 8 last night.

Madrid will be happy with 3 away goals. Should be a good second leg.

Master
    I would agree had the away goals rule still been in affect. I personally think as long as City are not over awed by the occasion, then it should be them who head in to the fixture as favourites.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Awesome game last night. I think city will go through though.

Master
    If City had Benzema City would be playing Chelsea in the semi final