closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 2157

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Massive touch of class from Liverpool there, applauding Ronaldo due to the awful situation he is facing.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Massive touch of class from Liverpool there, applauding Ronaldo due to the awful situation he is facing.
    yes it was quite moving.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Another stunning performance and result from Liverpool. fair play to them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Breaking the 100 points may never be seen again, the invincible team drew a third of the games though iirc, so sounds better than it really was in my opinion.
    Chelsea the following season amassed 95 points, 29 wins, 8 draws and 1 defeat which was a 0-1 at Man City to a penalty which if VAR existed then would probably have been a free kick on the edge of the box. That Chelsea team only conceded 15 goals which, I believe, is still a record. Boring, boring Chelsea they said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Worse team I’ve ever seen at Anfield. United are truly dreadful at the minute, it was like a training game for Liverpool.

They are in big big trouble. They need a total
    rebuild and it’s going to take serious money to get that back competing at the top.

It was nice of Liverpool do help Arsenal out by destroying Man U, the minor issue is Chelsea will do the same to us tonight! Its like no one actually wants 4th.

Craftsman
    Manchester United and Arsenal between them have lost all 4 league games home and away against Manchester City and Liverpool, with 2 goals scored and 28 conceded.

It's really not that healthy for the PL for the teams in 5th and 6th to be that inept against the top 2 ... simply a huge gulf in class.

Possibly an all time low standard of play below the top three ...

Master
    Blog Entries
    The mighty reds were a world apart last night, in talent, desire and togetherness.

UTD looked to have given up on the way down the 62. You would have thought they would have some fight with a top 4 spot to play for.

This used to be one of the season biggest features, for both a neutral and and the fans.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    It was nice of Liverpool do help Arsenal out by destroying Man U, the minor issue is Chelsea will do the same to us tonight! Its like no one actually wants 4th.
    I said pretty much the same a few days ago. I really do hope Arsenal get the fourth spot though. Sorry Spurs fans!

Master
    Liverpool are so many levels above United that it's unimaginable.

Giggs and the rest will be in utter disbelief such was their conviction that United could never fall to Liverpool's depths in any barren period without success.

Im not too sure they'd be as confident on that currently.

Master
    As a utd fan the performance and the result didnt surprise me at all, I actually had a few quid on 4-0 at 14/1
    we struggled v norwich so last night was always going to happen

So many things wrong at utd and has been for a LONG time now owners who constantly pillar the club, a disastrous transfer policy based around selling shirts and a social media presence and a group of players with no back bone who have thrown every manager under the bus for as long as I can remember and the glory hunter fans who consistently blamed managers when its clear its the players and the hierachy that are the issue

Sad thing for me is the media still love to talk about UTD it sells papers yet any genuine fan will know we are simply not that good and havent been for a long time :(

I am contempt that I had season tickets during the most succesfull period and was fortunate to be there as we dominated for a long period but Im a realist the demise has been coming for ages - the old Utd and Arsenal teams must cringe watching the teams today at least back then keane or viera would smash into someone to let the fans know they care the only plus point for me was hannibal who looked like he carerd and had a nasty streak -

Then add the media circulatring on the managers who got all the stick???

LVG won the cup and was sacked same day (shocking way of doing business) Jose is a dinosaur but at least he called the players and the board out, Ole is a gent and did the job to the best of his ability but he should never have got the job and rannick is a free pass for them to give up time and again the players have downed tools

Id bin everyone bar DDG and Ronaldo and play kids the rest of the season _ why pogba matic lingard mata are in the squad as they are all leaving is madness then look at the form of awb, rashford, bruno in big games and you have to question the starting 11 and Phil Jones???

Huge huge rebuild and 5 year plan for us

Credit to Liverpool they were and are exceptional especially 1st half and the 2nd goal was ace, I think pep dropped a clanger fielding a weekend team saturday and delayed subs handed the initiative to Liverpool and I think they have momentum and a manager who is ruthless and instills that killer instinct in his team all the time and if city stumble they will pounce
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 20th April 2022 at 10:52.

I think it's likely you'll never see Ronaldo or Pogba in a Man Utd shirt again. Pogba has been a complete disaster and CR won't want to stay next season and could legitimately ask not to play again this season to deal with his horrendous personal situation.

Ten Hag has a monumental job on here. He'll need to clear out Jones, Maguire, Pogba, Matic, Fred, McTomminay, Rashford and a few more but can't do that in one go. It'll be gradual over three or four transfer windows so I wouldn't expect much to change too quickly. Zlatan was right when he said the club has an old fashioned, stagnated mentality that's focused on commercials rather than football success. When SAF was there they could get away with that as he kept the team performing but they need a huge change of approach and culture now.

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Id bin everyone bar DDG and Ronaldo and play kids the rest of the season _ why pogba matic lingard mata are in the squad as they are all leaving is madness then look at the form of awb, rashford, bruno in big games and you have to question the starting 11 and Phil Jones???

Huge huge rebuild and 5 year plan for us

Credit to Liverpool they were and are exceptional especially 1st half and the 2nd goal was ace, I think pep dropped a clanger fielding a weekend team saturday and delayed subs handed the initiative to Liverpool and I think they have momentum and a manager who is ruthless and instills that killer instinct in his team all the time and if city stumble they will pounce

Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    Manchester United and Arsenal between them have lost all 4 league games home and away against Manchester City and Liverpool, with 2 goals scored and 28 conceded.

It's really not that healthy for the PL for the teams in 5th and 6th to be that inept against the top 2 ... simply a huge gulf in class.

Possibly an all time low standard of play below the top three ...
    The problem is it will only get worse, City will get stronger again this Summer and spent more money, if they get a good striker they will almost be unstoppable. Liverpool have some decent youngsters coming in and will spend money. Chelsea could go either way depending who buys them. They all have top managers that get the best out of their players and also can attract a high calibre of players.

The problem Arsenal have is getting people to join us that are any good, we lost Auba to Barca which made sense on paper but has now left us so weak up front and will cost us the top 4. I am still not sure on Arteta, his handling of some players has been very firm and he does not have the best reputation to draw in big names. If only we got Klopp a few years ago we would be fighting with City and not struggling for 4th.

Next season I'd like Newcastle to integrate our new summer signings and have a season of mid-table mediocrity without the fear of relegation. Maybe a decent cup run.

Blog Entries
    “ if they get a good striker they will almost be unstoppable.”

Believe Man City may have some Norwegian geezer coming from a German club or so the rumours and noises are saying.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

New addition to the Premier league for next season - Fulham.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Completely .
    United are beyond useless and they definitely 100 % will not get a result at Anfield on Tuesday.
    No sirree , no chance . Because they are rubbish .

Still Spurs for me for 4 th .

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    “ if they get a good striker they will almost be unstoppable.”

Believe Man City may have some Norwegian geezer coming from a German club or so the rumours and noises are saying.
    I’ll believe it when the contract is signed. His dad and agent want close to €70m between them. Anyone talking about obscene money in football should consider how much agents are contributing to this problem, Raoli being amongst the worst.

If he does sign with that midfield then who knows what’s possible.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Its like no one actually wants 4th.
    Looks like its going to be Spurs with their recent run of form!

My team, West Ham have had opportunities to make ground on their nearest rivals and haven't managed to convert them. We are out of the race for 4th but I can see us not getting top 6 either...

Best win the Europa cup instead :)

I agree, why can't the player pay the agent fees, it's his agent? I heard yesterday that the total bill for the buying club over the period of the contract will be £300m. The problem with a £500k a week contract is it'll normalise the £200k a week contract and that can't be good for the game. As wage bills increase to cope with that, TV rights deals will either become more expensive - which means going to the games or watching on TV becomes more expensive for you and me - or they refuse to pay any more and the game goes bust.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    I’ll believe it when the contract is signed. His dad and agent want close to €70m between them. Anyone talking about obscene money in football should consider how much agents are contributing to this problem, Raoli being amongst the worst.

If he does sign with that midfield then who knows what’s possible.

The defending in the Chelsea vs Arsenal match is shambolic.

You're not wrong

The defending in the Chelsea vs Arsenal match is shambolic.

Master
    Absolutely shocking!

On a seperate point how many chances has Richarlison had?
    Last edited by tango; 20th April 2022 at 21:32.

TOON!
    F.T.F.A.

Top half finish is very possible for Eddie's black and white army. He must be manager of the season surely.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    TOON!

Didn't see us winning at Chelsea and scoring 4. Chelsea clearly jaded from the FA Cup game and we always looked like we could concede a goal out of nothing but I'll take it. Top 4 is going to the North London Derby I reckon.

TOON!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Top half finish is very possible for Eddie's black and white army. He must be manager of the season surely.
    If we'd been doing this before the Gimp sold up and the execrable Bruce left we'd be in Europe next season. We've dropped 24 points from winning positions. It's the first season since 2004 that we've won 6 consecutive home games. It's nice to be able to watch without fear in your heart! ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

We've gone behind this season a couple of times and I never had 'the fear'. We've gone into the last few minutes of games with a one goal lead a few times and I've never had the fear. Sitting in the stadium feels completely different. The team, the structure, the work ethic and tactics are fantastic.

If we'd been doing this before the Gimp sold up and the execrable Bruce left we'd be in Europe next season. We've dropped 24 points from winning positions. It's the first season since 2004 that we've won 6 consecutive home games. It's nice to be able to watch without fear in your heart! ;-)

Master
    Didn't see us winning at Chelsea and scoring 4. Chelsea clearly jaded from the FA Cup game and we always looked like we could concede a goal out of nothing but I'll take it. Top 4 is going to the North London Derby I reckon.
    Good shout I think, I just hope its the red half of North London.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I agree, why can't the player pay the agent fees, it's his agent? I heard yesterday that the total bill for the buying club over the period of the contract will be £300m. The problem with a £500k a week contract is it'll normalise the £200k a week contract and that can't be good for the game. As wage bills increase to cope with that, TV rights deals will either become more expensive - which means going to the games or watching on TV becomes more expensive for you and me - or they refuse to pay any more and the game goes bust.
    Spot on. Sky have been doing a survey asking questions like what is the likelihood of you leaving if we put the cost of sky sports up by £x, or gave up 3 matches per week to BT sports, etc. It's a perpetual cycle now of rapidly increasing subscriptions and matches spread across multiple different providers. Meanwhile lower league football stagnates with no finances, Leagues 1 & 2 likely to become a north and south league before long to reduce logistical costs. You need decent lower leagues to develop players and reverse the trend for paying big ££'s for overseas players who often don't adapt to the prem anyway, the national squad needs it too. Total insult to hard working supporters struggling to make ends meet when you hear quotes like Salah's agent saying that Liverpool's best £££££ offer is insulting. I'm sure his man can "get by" on something like £15m a year plus add ons if he really does love the badge and believe he is playing in the best league in the world..

Anyhow well done Eddie Howe, phenomenal turn around given that it has been achieved with the majority of players that were languishing under previous management.

Craftsman
    Huge props to Eddie Howe at Newcastle, he's absolutely smashing it - I never expected him to do so well. Superb manager. Bruno looks like some signing too...

Delighted by Arsenal result and performance last night - didn't see that coming at all!!! Chelsea were absolutely at sea defensively and Tuchel seemed to blame everything from the pitch to the players - but not his tactics? He has one of the most potent attacking full-backs in the league with Reece James, who was up against a desperately out-of-form Nuno Tavares - yet he asked him to play a more conservative role. Poor choice in my opinion.

Big worry for Chelsea is that Azpi, Rudiger, and Christensen are all gone in the summer, and Thiago Silva will be 38 next season. Sarr and Chalobah haven't been particularly convincing or consistent. So Chelsea will need to spend a lot in the summer on defensive reinforcements. Rudiger is the real leader in that defence and even when Silva came on last night Chelsea were woeful defensively.

For Arsenal, we have a young side which has lots of character and quality, but with the inexperience comes inconsistency. A run of 3 straight losses to teams we should beat at this stage of the season is really hard to swallow. Even a win and two draws from those fixtures would have seen us level on points with Chelsea in 3rd after last night's win. This summer we need to prioritise 2 new forwards, a more capable LB to cover KT, and a CM who can deliver when either Xhaka or Partey are out of the side. I think quietly Ramsdale has been in quite poor form for a little while now, he's made a raft of mistakes in 2022. However for now smashing Chelsea in their own backyard is a fantastic moment to enjoy, and I loved Bukayo insisting on taking the penalty - his first since the Euro final. The kid is an absolute megastar.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Master
    Bukayo is fantastic, can he repel the lure of possibly playing for Liverpool under Klopp?

May just be baseless rumours but they continue to persist.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Bukayo is fantastic, can he repel the lure of possibly playing for Liverpool under Klopp?

Saka and Smith Rowe are both big Arsenal fans though so I think that may be a hook, at least short term. Saka's dad is a big Newcastle fan btw.

But if Saka goes to Liverpool he plays in the same position as Salah who by all accounts is quite a handy player so game time may be an issue at a time where he has a great chance of cementing an England starting berth.

Craftsman

I've been worried about this. Yes Bukayo is an Arsenal lad, but I think it all comes down to winning. I love his winning mentality, so couldn't complain if he chooses to go elsewhere to fulfill his ambitions. Soon Liverpool will need a Salah replacement, who can say how soon that will be, with stalemate over his new contract?

I am confident he will stay at least another two season, how we perform over that period both on and off the pitch will dictate if he stays any longer. If we continue to make signings which strengthen the first XI and qualify for CL, then hopefully that is enough to convince him to invest his future with the club.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Master
    It would be some coup if Liverpool managed to pull off his signing and it would work wonders for Saka's development to play under a manager like Klopp, this would inevitably also help England.

I personally think the only thing still keeping Salah at Liverpool is the absence of a big money bid from anyone to date. I think if the right bid comes in Liverpool would be tempted to cash in and move on and invest in signing a young prospect, just like Saka who can be developed to perhaps become even better than what they have let go.

I know it sounds far fetched but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I can see Salah leaving on a free, never heard of any links with Saka but with Diaz and Jota already there seems unlikely.
    Thats most probable agreed.

Ten Hag confirmed at United finally, how long are we predicting he will get?

150 games.

I hope he chatted with Moyes, van Gaal, Jose and Ole to find out what he was letting himself in for.

United are in free fall. Feels like the early 1970s.

United can turn around pretty quickly.

Obviously it will take longer to get back to being consistently in the top 3, but look how quickly Newcastle have improved with the right manager, and CFC with Tuchel after Lamps.

And this time last year Liverpool racked up 6 straight PL homes losses, now look at them.

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xxnick1975; 21st April 2022 at 17:31.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    United can turn around pretty quickly.

Obviously it will take longer to get back to being consistently in the top 3, but look how quickly Newcastle have improved with the right manager.

And this time last year Liverpool racked up 6 straight PL homes losses, now look at them.

I might have been convinced that a change in manager could bring about a turnaround if the fundamentals of the squad were right. I don’t think they are. The squad is severely lacking in key areas. A whole raft of players are leaving including ones United could have got decent money for last summer and who have barely been used this campaign. Do they have a recruitment or development plan? They made a couple of marquee signings last summer without rebuilding central defence, central midfield, centre forwards. I can’t see them being a particularly attractive prospect for the best players. Established players appear to have given up.

Yep all true, I just think you can change things pretty quickly.

Didnt Leicester win the league after nearly getting relegated the prior season?

Italy won the Euros, but didn't qualify for the world cup.

Margin are tiny at this level and the right manager at the right time can move thing on. Also see Leeds with Ted Lasso. And Spuds with Conte.

Sure they won't be LFC, City level straight away, but it is possible in a few seasons. By no means guaranteed obviously, but can be done.

Re Saka going to Liverpool to work under Klopp - Klopp is unlikely to be there past another season or 2 , a fair bit of noise around him having promised his family he'll leave when his contract expires in 2024.

Master
    Yes Klopp will most likely be gone in a couple of seasons as per his word, however that may be long enough for any player signed by Liverpool now to benefit greatly from his management style and experience.

As a side note I see Arsenal fan Lewis Hamilton is part of the Broughton consortium trying to buy Chelsea.

Hamilton’s contribution is 0.4% of the purchase price so pretty insignificant in the big scheme of the purchase. Good to see sports stars investing in sport though.

Yes Klopp will most likely be gone in a couple of seasons as per his word, however that may be long enough for any player signed by Liverpool now to benefit greatly from his management style and experience.

As a side note I see Arsenal fan Lewis Hamilton is part of the Broughton consortium trying to buy Chelsea.

Shambolic defending AGAIN in an Arsenal match. Cedric looks like he's having a nervous breakdown

Good win for Arsenal, keeps the pressure on Spurs. United out of Champs League contention surely.

Blog Entries
    Good win for Arsenal, keeps the pressure on Spurs. United out of Champs League contention surely.
    Must say i loved the Man U penalty
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

TOON!
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Yes its between the two North London clubs now for sure. United are a complete shambles and will probably look back and think they should have appointed Howe instead of Ten Hag when he is sacked in around 18 months.

Spurs look incredibly flat. Brentford should have won that and considering what's at stake I was surprised Tottenham were so lifeless. I don't think they had a single shot on target and apart from Kane's overhead kick they didn't really threaten.