closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 2157

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Fair play to Newcastle - yes they signed some players but it's not as if they signed Mbappe and Kante so they are really punching above their weight and Howe is doing a great job. I followed him at Bournemouth as that's my home town team and was surprised someone like Arsenal didn't come in for him as he plays the right kind of football and is clearly an excellent man manager. He will do well at Newcastle

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Fair play to Newcastle - yes they signed some players but it's not as if they signed Mbappe and Kante so they are really punching above their weight and Howe is doing a great job. I followed him at Bournemouth as that's my home town team and was surprised someone like Arsenal didn't come in for him as he plays the right kind of football and is clearly an excellent man manager. He will do well at Newcastle
    I agree, Howe is showing what a good man manager he is as he's essentially having the same squad perform much better than they previously were. As you say the signings they made were hardly superstars.

I feel the bigger clubs these days are always reluctant to take a chance on British managers despite them clearly demonstrating they have the ability and knowledge to compete with the best.

I think Brendan Rogers like Howe is a very good manager and deserves a job at one of the bigger clubs, no disrespect to Leicester.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I agree, Howe is showing what a good man manager he is as he's essentially having the same squad perform much better than they previously were. As you say the signings they made were hardly superstars.

I feel the bigger clubs these days are always reluctant to take a chance on British managers despite them clearly demonstrating they have the ability and knowledge to compete with the best.

I think Brendan Rogers like Howe is a very good manager and deserves a job at one of the bigger clubs, no disrespect to Leicester.
    Brendan was the Liverpool manager, I don’t think anyone would want him to return.

He did really well at Liverpool. They've now moved up a level but that doesn't diminish his time there.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Brendan was the Liverpool manager, I don’t think anyone would want him to return.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    He did really well at Liverpool. They've now moved up a level but that doesn't diminish his time there.
    I wonder how "really well" he would have faired without Luis Suarez in the team ?
    Probably rather less well I think...

But the same could be said for every manager who ever had a great player in their team.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I wonder how "really well" he would have faired without Luis Suarez in the team ?

Craftsman
    He's won a trophy with Leicester, which is a big achievement.

Very harsh to pick up on Suarez - do you question the achievements of all good coaches that have had outstanding players? What about Klopp with Salah? Pep with Messi/Xavi/Iniesta? For all the praise of Klopp, which is well deserved, Liverpool still spent vast sums on players like Alisson, van Dijk, Mane, and Salah. Any coach needs great players to win the biggest trophies, what did you expect? I'd more question how Rodgers did so well with a Liverpool side that he took from 7th to 2nd, Suarez scoring one more goal from one season to the next (30 vs 31 total). Rodgers squad included a mish-mash of central defenders such as Dan Agger, Kolo Toure, Mamadou Sakho, and Martin Skrtel. The latter was the only one to start more than 17 games in the Premier League.

In football there are many forms of success, one is getting more out of restricted resources, another is getting the best out of the very elite. Pep and Klopp are at the latter end, that doesn't diminish managers like Brendan Rodgers. The question is, can he shift along the scale to their level?

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Master
    But the same could be said for every manager who ever had a great player in their team.
    And having great players doesn’t necessarily mean every manager can make them work for the team. Ole and Ralf being examples, with one of the greatest ever and Pogba.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    He's won a trophy with Leicester, which is a big achievement.

Very harsh to pick up on Suarez - do you question the achievements of all good coaches that have had outstanding players? What about Klopp with Salah? Pep with Messi/Xavi/Iniesta? For all the praise of Klopp, which is well deserved, Liverpool still spent vast sums on players like Alisson, van Dijk, Mane, and Salah. Any coach needs great players to win the biggest trophies, what did you expect? I'd more question how Rodgers did so well with a Liverpool side that he took from 7th to 2nd, Suarez scoring one more goal from one season to the next (30 vs 31 total). Rodgers squad included a mish-mash of central defenders such as Dan Agger, Kolo Toure, Mamadou Sakho, and Martin Skrtel. The latter was the only one to start more than 17 games in the Premier League.

In football there are many forms of success, one is getting more out of restricted resources, another is getting the best out of the very elite. Pep and Klopp are at the latter end, that doesn't diminish managers like Brendan Rodgers. The question is, can he shift along the scale to their level?

That is a very good question and it remains to be seen, however for me what’s he’s done thus far surely warrants a big club to take that chance on him.

I personally believe he deserves that on merit.

I'm not sure you would find a single Liverpool supporter who would agree with you there

Master
    How would Klopp be doing without Salah? Not a one man team by any stretch but when you have a top class player delivering week in and week out, it’s the difference between winning stuff and "just" competing.
    Last edited by David_D; 12th March 2022 at 13:50.

Going down, going down, going down

Right now everyone playing Everton sees it as an easy 3 points.

Newcastle up next - no f’in chance.

Good win by West ham today against an excellent Villa side.

When our Ukrainian Yarmolenko scored that fabulous goal after having some understandable time off you could feel the emotion.

Wonderful stuff.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Going down, going down, going down

Right now everyone playing Everton sees it as an easy 3 points.

Newcastle up next - no f’in chance.
    Saw the table and a few games in hand so thought there was a chance then looked at the fixtures, first time I have ever genuinely thought Everton would go down.

Master
    I’d never have Brendan back at Liverpool. He basically blew the league by having zero tactics.

Suarez was unplayable that year and we still blew it.

Brendan is clueless for me and he talks absolute nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Surely he'd fit in well at Anfield then ?

Couldn't resist ...

z

Saw the table and a few games in hand so thought there was a chance then looked at the fixtures, first time I have ever genuinely thought Everton would go down.
    Inclined to agree. It is difficult at present to see who we could beat. Watford won today and Leeds and Brentford both chalked up victories.

Calvert Lewin is a waste of space, either injured, away filming shaving adverts, or is not well. I don’t think he touched the ball in the Spurs game.

I think if they went down they wouldn’t bounce back, could be another Stoke.

Everton missed a hatful of chances. Richarlison cost them the game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    I’d never have Brendan back at Liverpool. He basically blew the league by having zero tactics.

Suarez was unplayable that year and we still blew it.

You wot m8?

He was a Slippy G mistake away from winning the thing

2 x top 5 and an FA cup for us…. I can’t claim to be disappointed with his contribution… clueless is maybe a stretch?!

I’d never appreciated it was on the cards for him to go back anyway…?. And I’m sure he’d be devistated that you plan to veto this fictional move!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    You wot m8?

He was a Slippy G mistake away from winning the thing

2 x top 5 and an FA cup for us…. I can’t claim to be disappointed with his contribution… clueless is maybe a stretch?!

I’d never appreciated it was on the cards for him to go back anyway…?. And I’m sure he’d bed deviated that you plan to veto this fictional move!
    Thats the difference, Liverpool are a team challenging for the league and champions league not top 5 and the odd cup. The argument was that one of the top 4 should give him a chance and any Liverpool fan will tell you hes got no chance at that level. It wasnt just that season his tactics were dreadful, some of our results in Europe were shocking you could see some games players without a clear idea of what the manager wanted. Brendan thought he was going to be Mr Big if he got the league that season and spent more time massaging his ego than he did looking after the team. He went up north to a one team league to redeem himself and jumped ship soon as a challenge got serious to the first half decent premier league team who would take him (Prior to that it was all "Here for the 10")

I am sure he will be great for you until you realise you are just treading water and his every answer is "The character of the team"

Blog Entries
    Thats the difference, Liverpool are a team challenging for the league and champions league not top 5 and the odd cup. The argument was that one of the top 4 should give him a chance and any Liverpool fan will tell you hes got no chance at that level. It wasnt just that season his tactics were dreadful, some of our results in Europe were shocking you could see some games players without a clear idea of what the manager wanted. Brendan thought he was going to be Mr Big if he got the league that season and spent more time massaging his ego than he did looking after the team. He went up north to a one team league to redeem himself and jumped ship soon as a challenge got serious to the first half decent premier league team who would take him (Prior to that it was all "Here for the 10")

I am sure he will be great for you until you realise you are just treading water and his every answer is "The character of the team"
    Sorry if I’ve got this wrong, but, you weren’t a good side long before he turned up and he nearly won you the league? And you were mikes behind us in 15/16…

Getting top 5 is an achievement for LCFC and he’s got it twice and won an FA cup of us in the first time in our history…. He’s been one of the most effective managers in our history and developed numerous academy talents for us…

You, I suspect, have zero insight into his character other than what you’ve read from other salty Liverpool fans….

He’s easily lampooned, but, I don’t really care as we are doing ok and I suspect it’s some way off the mark as players continue to want to play for him…. And ‘man of the people’ Klopp has a massively inflated ego

You, I suspect, have zero insight into his character other than what you’ve read from other salty Liverpool fans….
    I think you have completely misunderstood when I made the comment character.

Its a phrase he often uses in interviews with the media, when your team has just been battered and he waffles on about "Character" "The team has character" It will drive you up the wall in equal measure.

Quite funny you thought it was something else though

Believe me, nobody at Liverpool could care less about Brendan least of all me. Your welcome to him.

Blog Entries
    I think you have completely misunderstood when I made the comment character.

Its a phrase he often uses in interviews with the media, when your team has just been battered and he waffles on about "Character" "The team has character" It will drive you up the wall in equal measure.

Quite funny you thought it was something else though

Believe me, nobody at Liverpool could care less about Brendan least of all me. Your welcome to him.
    No mistake…. You were hardly flattering is your assessment of his personality/ character and I’m aware he has a fondness for a the word ‘character’…

For a fanbase who don’t care about him, two fans in quick succession seem to have had plenty to say about him!

No mistake…. You were hardly flattering is your assessment of his personality/ character and I’m aware he has a fondness for a the word ‘character’…

For a fanbase who don’t care about him, two fans in quick succession seem to have had plenty to say about him!
    Because he was a former manager nothing more than that, just FYI I actually do know quite a bit about his "character" from his time up on Merseyside.

You think he is a good manager for you, great. Two different clubs with two different views of what they would consider success.

Someone mentioned that Brendan should be given a chance as a manager of a top four club so obviously supporters of a club he formerly managed are going to comment would that not be obvious?

Not sure why you are taking this so personal?

Blog Entries
    Because he was a former manager nothing more than that, just FYI I actually do know quite a bit about his "character" from his time up on Merseyside.

You think he is a good manager for you, great. Two different clubs with two different views of what they would consider success.

Someone mentioned that Brendan should be given a chance as a manager of a top four club so obviously supporters of a club he formerly managed are going to comment would that not be obvious?

Not sure why you are taking this so personal?
    Because, it’s a bit tedious…. In summary he’s a good coach and manager and people like to mock him…. He’s not universally popular at Leicester which just shows how many spoiled brats we have amongst our support…

It’s just way over the top and generally based on lazy assumptions, but, as you have some deep insight into the real Brendan, I’ll have to bow to your greater knowledge…

I couldn’t give a ‘flying one’ if someone thinks he deserves a crack at managing one of the greedy six or not, he’s our manager currently, by any truly objective view he’s pretty good and he’s done alright by my team…

Master
    Blog Entries
    Everton missed a hatful of chances. Richarlison cost them the game.

We are gone and deserve to be.

Master
    Are you ok ?

I think Brendan has done okay. It didn’t really work at Liverpool, but he won things at Celtic and winning the FA Cup at Leicester is an incredible achievement by any standards given the usual stranglehold on that competition in recent years by the big clubs.

I think all things considered he is a good fit at Leicester.

I think Brendan has done okay. It didn’t really work at Liverpool, but he won things at Celtic and winning the FA Cup at Leicester is an incredible achievement by any standards given the usual stranglehold on that competition in recent years by the big clubs.

Liverpool we’re poor in Europe under Rogers as were Celtic. Leicester have been no exception to this.

If Leicester fans like him good luck to them both.

Craftsman
    Good win for Arsenal today after wins for United, Wolves, and West Ham maintaining pressure from below - but this young team keeps going. Absolutely loving Odegaard, he's some player - glides about the pitch.

Next up, Liverpool... Hopefully we don't get battered by too many!

Good win for Arsenal today after wins for United, Wolves, and West Ham maintaining pressure from below - but this young team keeps going. Absolutely loving Odegaard, he's some player - glides about the pitch.

I reckon that'll be a draw against Liverpool. Apart from City, Arsenal would be the side you'd least fancy playing currently particularly at the Emirates.

Master

Very good manager who unfortunately can't coach a team how not to concede at set pieces.

How long before Lamps gets the boot and the club hierarchy decide there is only one man for the job.

Who you gonna call…

It’s big Sam time

Master

I think you're doing your team a disservice, they have a young squad who play some excellent football and Liverpool despite their results have not been performing well of late.

This fixture could go either way in my opinion and I do not believe that Arsenal go into the game as underdogs given their recent good form and the fact that they are playing at home.

Should be a good game and history points to the fact that this can be another one of those games we remember for many years to come.

Another week , another VAR calamity .
    Newcastle have well and truly had their pants pulled down by PIGMOL and VAR . For Havertz to score the winner after his elbow was bad enough but the non penalty was a joke .
    To make matters worse , Newcastle are having one of their players facing a disrepute charge for saying Chelsea had 12 players .
    Mind boggling

Calamity is the word. Second worst penalty decision this season after Edison assaulted Ryan Fraser without consequence. As I understand it, the ref couldn't see it well enough from his angle so VAR should tell him to go to the monitor where he would have seen the situation. Instead, VAR protects the ref by saying the decision he made, albeit wrong, wasn't clearly and obviously wrong. Honestly, what the hell is that all about?

Shouldn't the protocol be; ref couldn't see it well enough from his angle so is unable to make a decision. Ref should then communicate with Stockley Park to tell them that and inform them he's going to use the monitor to help him make the correct decision? Surely, surely, that's how it should work.

How can the ref's organisation not see they're making the EPL a laughing stock? My interest in the EPL has been falling since the introduction of VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Newcastle have well and truly had their pants pulled down by PIGMOL and VAR . For Havertz to score the winner after his elbow was bad enough but the non penalty was a joke .
    To make matters worse , Newcastle are having one of their players facing a disrepute charge for saying Chelsea had 12 players .
    Mind boggling

Blog Entries
    # 1185/1186

Lifelong CFC supporter but that pen decision was an absolute disgrace talk about clear and obvious as to the Havertz decision as we saw on Sky two different schools of thought personally i felt yellow was correct asi did not feel it was deliberate
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Talking about 12 men I fully expect Liverpool to get favourable ref treatment in the game at the Emirates on weds.

I can live with the elbow not being a red card but the penalty error was criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    # 1185/1186

Lifelong CFC supporter but that pen decision was an absolute disgrace talk about clear and obvious as to the Havertz decision as we saw on Sky two different schools of thought personally i felt yellow was correct asi did not feel it was deliberate

Master
    [QUOTE=thegoat;5952850]Another week , another VAR calamity .
    Mind boggling[/QUOTE

VAR is a joke - gets worse every week - countless incidents

I dont mind the offside as its a lot clearer and factual in the main, but it is also meant to be there to help referees when fouls occur and its that what infuriates me -
    Im a United fan and even I struggle to see how the brighton keeper stays on the pitch, then the penalty that newcastle didnt get is beyond a joke - shirt pulling plus a foul and yet they give nothing, yet a ball strikes a hand and its a pen (I know given the new rules it is a pen) BUT anyone who has played must struggle how they give that but dont give a blatant foul!!!

Much needed result for us this weekend thank the lord for Ronnie

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO EVERTON THERY ARE IN FREE FALL
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 5th April 2022 at 10:06.

[QUOTE=R0bertb00th;5952989]
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Mind boggling[/QUOTE

VAR is a joke - gets worse every week - countless incidents

I dont mind the offside as its a lot clearer and factual in the main, but it is also meant to be there to help referees when fouls occur and its that what infuriates me -
    Im a United fan and even I struggle to see how the brighton keeper stays on the pitch, then the penalty that newcastle didnt get is beyond a joke - shirt pulling plus a foul and yet they give nothing, yet a ball strikes a hand and its a pen (I know given the new rules it is a pen) BUT anyone who has played must struggle how they give that but dont give a blatant foul!!!

Much needed result for us this weekend thank the lord for Ronnie, but were as inconsistent as spurs so I dont think it will matter if im honest as arsenal appear to be the ones with momentum for top 4

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO EVERTON THERY ARE IN FREE FALL
    Even in the United game , there’s two almost identical handballs . One given , one ignored .
    I’ve banged the drum since it was introduced. It’s influencing results, no question . Some team will be relegated because of it and there is absolutely no comebacks on the cheats who deliver the decisions week after week .

Grand Master
    much needed win last night and much better performance, should have scored 4 in the first half. that last six minutes were a huge rollercoaster! Leeds aregoing to be the death of me i swear.
    i'd be happy with a point against wolves and if we then beat watford i reckon we should be safe.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2021-22

Talking about 12 men I fully expect Liverpool to get favourable ref treatment in the game at the Emirates on weds.
    Based on?

Hardly favourable on Diaz at the weekend.

Craftsman
    I reckon that'll be a draw against Liverpool. Apart from City, Arsenal would be the side you'd least fancy playing currently particularly at the Emirates.
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I think you're doing your team a disservice, they have a young squad who play some excellent football and Liverpool despite their results have not been performing well of late.

This fixture could go either way in my opinion and I do not believe that Arsenal go into the game as underdogs given their recent good form and the fact that they are playing at home.

Should be a good game and history points to the fact that this can be another one of those games we remember for many years to come.
    You are both a lot more confident than I am - I hope you're right

All the optimism has been knocked out of me by Arsenal, although that dangerous hope is starting to creep in that Arteta is the real deal...

All the optimism has been knocked out of me by Arsenal, although that dangerous hope is starting to creep in that Arteta is the real deal...

I know what you mean. Knowing Arsenal they'll beat Liverpool but then fail to beat Brighton or Spurs.

I think time will show that Arteta is the real deal.

I think time will show that Arteta is the real deal.
    Hopefully that time is Wednesday night!

Master

Ha ha ha time will tell. He certainly has the team playing a lot better football that has not been seen since Wengers departure.

Master
    Chelsea want their FA Cup tie at Middlesbrough to be played behind closed doors because their supporters are unable to buy tickets. Even the Chelsea Supporters Trust has asked the club to withdraw the request. Not Middlesbrough’s fault that Chelsea is owned by one of Putin’s best mates.

An embarrassing request. What were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Chelsea want their FA Cup tie at Middlesbrough to be played behind closed doors because their supporters are unable to buy tickets. Even the Chelsea Supporters Trust has asked the club to withdraw the request. Not Middlesbrough’s fault that Chelsea is owned by one of Putin’s best mates.