closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ellsy_79 View Post
    Liverpool, man city and chelsea might be the 3 strongest teams in Europe at the moment, it will be harder than ever to win the premier league this year
    Hard to argue with that

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Out of interest, which appointments do you think were of the panic variety?

Moyes was “the chosen one “
    Van Gaal was hired with a long term vision and Jose could never be described as short term .
    The bus driver would be the only one that I would say was a panic appointment on the back of an extremely fortuitous result against PSG .

Maybe panic is too strong but Jose’s appointment felt like they needed a big name and he happened to be available. Ole was a caretaker, appointed because he was an old player. Neither felt like appointments with a long term strategy in mind.
    This one feels different, which is a pity as I was rather enjoying the woes of my Utd supporting mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    Maybe panic is too strong but Jose’s appointment felt like they needed a big name and he happened to be available.
    Isn't that how 80% of managers get appointed?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Scraped home 😂

I can't see how we can get out of this now. Three points were essential tonight. It doesn't matter how many hours the coaching staff put into drilling the players if a CB doesn't have enough football intelligence to allow Norwich to go one up with 82 minutes left.

The way I look at it is we could probably do with being demoted. A bit like pressing the reset button if you will. This season is over with, we're basically going nowhere & January will come too late for us.

Probably better getting a few loan players & and a couple of buys to plan for a season in the championship.
    At the end of the day there really isn't any point in wasting money on big buys that probably won't fix what's seriously broken.

Hopefully one year in the championship will be all that's required to start to build on.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Come on guys lets not be so negative. You're beginning to sound like Alan Shearers commentary in the first half (normally in my world he can do no wrong ;o)).

I watched the match tonight from my bed with COVID hoping to be cheered up a bit and you know I was. Yes it would have been just the job to have won, but the performance from the team was probably the best I've watched in ages. It is indeed a mountain to climb, but throwing in another cliche......I can't hear any large singing female just yet.

We need to stay behind EH and the team all the way, its maybe not quite an extra player (the fans tried to be that tonight) but it will help. I've hated it in previous seasons where we've simply survived the drop as there were other teams worse than us......but I'll take that this year. Keep the faith.

It's not about being negative. It's about being realistic. Yes we've been a lot better the last few games but unless thing's change drastically in January we simply have too much to do.

Don't get me wrong, I seriously hope we can fight & stay up but it's looking less likely with every game.
    If we stay up great. But if we go down I for one would look at it as a chance to set things right & get thing's in place for the eventual climb up the ladder. It will come, just maybe a year later than some people want it to.

They can easily stay up if they spend big and smartly, a back 4 would be a starting spot! avoid any prima donna signings and just get a few solid players and they could stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    They can easily stay up if they spend big and smartly, a back 4 would be a starting spot! avoid any prima donna signings and just get a few solid players and they could stay up.

The stats don't make for very pleasant reading though... they conceded the most in the league, have the worst expected Goals Against, have faced the most shots and conceded the most penalties. They're scoring enough at home but shipped 17 in 7 matches.

Burnley on Saturday has got to be a must, must, must win game as the rest of December looks horrible (Leicester, Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd).

With their unlimited coffers you can imagine a queue of agents all looking to offload a series of journeymen for vastly inflated sums.

Keep your eyes off Rice.
    And Hojbjerg!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    If they can stay with 9 points ( 3 games ) of safety and spend around 150ml on transfers I think they may just about make it with around 18-20 games to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I started to watch the game last night and all i saw was two relegation sides offering me the neutral nothing come Jan all NUFC will be offered is dross at inflated prices and i cannot see any half decent EPL player even considering a move. The club is a long term rebuilding project.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Blog Entries
    I'm really happy with the changes we are seeing with Smith and Shakespeare at the helm now, massive improvement in the last three games although last nights was a bit of a step back.

Norwich has an excuse being a very small self funding club but I was shocked at how bad Newcastle were last night and looking at the games over the coming month boy oh boy.....

I feel happier with our management change but we are so far off being a Prem club.... Championship here we come.

Pitch

Watched the game last night.

When (if) Newcastle get relegated they will find it's much more of a hard slog in the championship and also difficult to recruit the best players down there.

They could be down there quite a while.

I thought Howe looked exasperated.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

The stats don't make for very pleasant reading though... they conceded the most in the league, have the worst expected Goals Against, have faced the most shots and conceded the most penalties. They're scoring enough at home but shipped 17 in 7 matches.

Burnley on Saturday has got to be a must, must, must win game as the rest of December looks horrible (Leicester, Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd).

With their unlimited coffers you can imagine a queue of agents all looking to offload a series of journeymen for vastly inflated sums.
    Of course all other teams have to play them as well. Whilst there may well be a queue of said agents, Howe and the owners are too shrewd to to buy short term dross. Any incoming players will be bought depending on our league position at the end of this year and with an eye on where we realistically expect to be next season. The 52,000 who attend the home games are pragmatic and half expect relegation but won't be giving up on the hope of survival until mathematically impossible. Relegation won't be the heartbreaking experience that many would wish on the club, it's a small price to be be rid of Ashley. The likes of Levy et al can defer cr@pping themselves over loss of income for a little while yet.
    F.T.F.A.

Sat watching my first match Everton v Liverpool in months and have to say the modern footballers are a bunch of cheating diving c-.-,s. They go down when they don’t even get touched, they all want each other sent off and why they all have to crowd the ref when the whistle blows is beyond me…

Just watched the West Ham game on prime and I have to say, I thought we were really poor in the 2nd half. Top 6? No chance playing like that!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Sat watching my first match Everton v Liverpool in months and have to say the modern footballers are a bunch of cheating diving c-.-,s. They go down when they don’t even get touched, they all want each other sent off and why they all have to crowd the ref when the whistle blows is beyond me…
    Klopp wouldn’t agree apparently!

Jürgen Klopp has described Liverpool as the “fairest team in Europe” on the eve of the Merseyside derby, a fixture he admits to loathing.”

https://apple.news/AJ15vPxH0ShGOnuat3Zk8aw

Have to say Everton are a disgrace of a team, never seen a team dive as much and try to con a ref as much as these since watching a South American team.

Have to say Everton are a disgrace of a team, never seen a team dive as much and try to con a ref as much as these since watching a South American team.
    Was too busy watching City v Villa but I’d guess Richarlison was one of the main culprits.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Was too busy watching City v Villa but I’d guess Richarlison was one of the main culprits.
    Actually Gray, Townsend and the young kid who came on, there was a few at it tbh...

Basically trying to con the ref by tripping over when there was no contact...

Mike Dean was excellent tonight. Villas MOTM by a country mile .

Have you ever heard of a player called Mo Salah?
    This is the part of football I despise now, I watched the Watford Chelsea game last night which was stopped after 10mins when a fan in the ground apparently had a heart attack. The game restarted some 20mins later after the players had left the pitch and we then had to watch grown men faking near fatal injury like the worst drama queen in a village amateur dramatic production.
    One of the main reasons I actually enjoy watching the WSL nowadays is this hasn't crept into the women's game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Have you ever heard of a player called Mo Salah?
    This is the part of football I despise now, I watched the Watford Chelsea game last night which was stopped after 10mins when a fan in the ground apparently had a heart attack. The game restarted some 20mins later after the players had left the pitch and we then had to watch grown men faking near fatal injury like the worst drama queen in a village amateur dramatic production.
    One of the main reasons I actually enjoy watching the WSL nowadays is this hasn't crept into the women's game yet.
    Totally agree, didn't see Salah do that last night but I may of missed it if he did, fair play to the ref he actually booked Everton players for diving, if ref's keep doing It then they may stop.
    Last edited by Martylaa; 2nd December 2021 at 11:31.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Klopp wouldn’t agree apparently!

Jürgen Klopp has described Liverpool as the “fairest team in Europe” on the eve of the Merseyside derby, a fixture he admits to loathing.”

https://apple.news/AJ15vPxH0ShGOnuat3Zk8aw
    They should ask Klopp to appear on Live at the Apollo

Slightly. He cheats.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    But if we go down I for one would look at it as a chance to set things right & get thing's in place for the eventual climb up the ladder. It will come, just maybe a year later than some people want it to.

How to get promoted, courtesy of QPR's crazy ‘four-year plan’ documentary - Planet Football

Can I recommend 'The Four Year Plan' - the documentary story of how billionaires took over a much-loved sleeping giant and turned QPR into Premier League stalwarts and the current champions of Europe...

I thought it was refreshing to see players being booked for diving, especially in such an intense game between local rivals. I couldn't believe it when I saw the young forward that came on for Everton clearly dive with no contact made. It was such a 'professional' dive too, leaving the leg hanging like that. For him to be doing that so young and with such little senior experience shows it's bred into some of them.

Totally agree, didn't see Salah do that last night but I may of missed it if he did, fair play to the ref he actually booked Everton players for diving, if ref's keep doing It then they may stop.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    ...It was such a 'professional' dive too, leaving the leg hanging like that. For him to be doing that so young and with such little senior experience shows it's bred into some of them.
    It's not congenital.

It's either coached into them, or they copy senior players & it's not coached out of them. Blame the clubs, not their parents.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Front three pulling away now, going to be a nervey run in.

Am i right in saying that if newcastle get relegated they could have real problems flexing their financial muscle as they would fall foul of the championships FFF, that will be really frustrating, having the money but not being able to spend it. whats the betting newcastle break the record for 'sponsorship' for a championship club

Ashley Williams on MOTD reckoned United could have a say in the title race with their new manager 
    Last edited by thegoat; 2nd December 2021 at 17:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Am i right in saying that if newcastle get relegated they could have real problems flexing their financial muscle as they would fall foul of the championships FFF, that will be really frustrating, having the money but being able to spend it. whats the betting newcastle break the record for 'sponsorship' for a championship club
    Me being a Middlesbrough fan would really enjoy playing them next year in the Championship, all the initial talk of buying Kane, Sterling etc etc now seems a bit errrrrrr...

I meant bred by the clubs, not the parents. I watch junior football (U8 to U12) every week and in four years have never seen a dive so it's clearly not parental influence.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    It's not congenital.

It's either coached into them, or they copy senior players & it's not coached out of them. Blame the clubs, not their parents.

Would be delayed for sure but still on the horizon.

Me being a Middlesbrough fan would really enjoy playing them next year in the Championship, all the initial talk of buying Kane, Sterling etc etc now seems a bit errrrrrr...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Front three pulling away now, going to be a nervey run in.
    It’s hard to pick a winner out of these, liverpool look like they have hit their stride, winning games so comfortably but you have to say city will
    be there at the very end, chelsea for me are the outsiders of the 3 as I feel they will fall away at the business end

Fair play to Michael Carrick there, he looked relieved to be leaving his club...

Fair play to Michael Carrick there, he looked relieved to be leaving his club...
    A great interview. He’s been a great asset to the club

There was never any serious talk about such signings, it was and is just clickbait. To be playing Newcastle next season, if they are relegated, you are assuming that Boro will still be in the Championship . . .
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    There was never any serious talk about such signings, it was and is just clickbait. To be playing Newcastle next season, if they are relegated, you are assuming that Boro will still be in the Championship . . .
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    What are you talking about, I listen to Talksport and there was non stop chatter on the shows around Newcastle and who they can now sign, and yes I include fans outside the stadium being interviewed by various media platforms and also people who I work with who follow Newcastle, deluded at best…

And with regards to Boro, I’m pretty sure we won’t be getting relegated, can’t say that about Newcastle…

thought City would be out of sight after first half but we made a good fist of it in the second half.Penalty?

What are you talking about, I listen to Talksport and there was non stop chatter on the shows around Newcastle and who they can now sign, and yes I include fans outside the stadium being interviewed by various media platforms and also people who I work with who follow Newcastle, deluded at best…

And with regards to Boro, I’m pretty sure we won’t be getting relegated, can’t say that about Newcastle…
    You see many NUFC supporters, myself included, are expecting relegation. However until survival is impossible it's still an if.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Love him, loathe him as you wish but Ronaldo is an absolute goal machine. Chance, goal. No drama, just back of the net.

As you said yourself. It's been all media related and some delusional fan's but nothing like that has come from the new owners.

So being realistic I'll stick to what I've already said.

Again, it's just my opinion but a realistic one.

I liked Carrick as a player, overlooked by England.

Seemed a thoroughly intelligent, decent person, so sorry to see him leave, although he has been part of the current faulty setup at United.

I’m sure he will pop up again. He’s a Geordie, perhaps Newcastle one day if he’s up for a challenge!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    I liked Carrick as a player, overlooked by England.

Seemed a thoroughly intelligent, decent person, so sorry to see him leave, although he has been part of the current faulty setup at United.

I’m sure he will pop up again. He’s a Geordie, perhaps Newcastle one day if he’s up for a challenge!
    I always liked Carrick as a player… part of what should have been west ham’s best team for years.
    should have had more England caps but was unfortunate to have been playing when Lampard and Gerrard were at their peak.

West Ham v Chelsea 3-2!

What a game! It had everything.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    West Ham v Chelsea 3-2!

What a game! It had everything.
    After a couple of dodgy performances recently, I feared for the team today. Whatever was I worried about!

COYI