closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,900 of 2157

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Haaland deal done for Man City, what now for Kane?
    He's still angling for a move to a big club where he can win trophies but I just can't see Levy allowing him to go to Arsenal

Master
    Liverpool’s midfield selection seems like a bit of a gift to Villa and a white flag to the league chase. Jones has always been the weak link in this squad for me, but I guess this week’s priority is now the cup? Probably set up a Jones hat trick now I’ve said that.

Expect Ings to be waiting for that first back pass :-)

Master
    Liverpool got away with one, Diaz is a great signing and the three points are all that matter.

Gerrard could still have a say in the title, though seems extremely unlikely.

Moss was surely Liverpools MOM tonight.

Master
    Blog Entries
    3 points better then nothing but think LFC needed at least another few goals in the very unlikely event City lose a game.

Imagine losing a title on goal difference

Haaland signing could give more chance of Jesus going to Arsenal. Please don't let the rumours be true that we are after Sterling aswell, he would be a bad fit for Arsenal and we don't need / want him!

Kane, I feel has left moving too late, he is 29 this summer, cant see anyone paying what spurs want for someone of his age. He got caught up in the mini Spurs push a few years back when he should have walked away at his prime.

If Haaland can stay fit all season, and also assuming City will buy more people, I can only see them walking the league next year and maybe winning the CL, well he has to win the CL next year.

Master
    Really looking forward to seeing Haaland in the PL, even if it is in another team

Good thing for the league overall

Master
    Haaland to Citeh is a major coup.

Can see him doing damage in the league for the next 10 years.

I think with him it’s got to the point where even Liverpool won’t be able to sustain the challenge in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Yes Haaland appears to be an absolute beast of a striker and he will strengthen City to alarming levels for all opposing fans.

Even the hope of it taking him a few years to settle in to the premier league or finding it too fast or physical are as good as nil, if I were a City fan I would be over the blue moon.

NikGixer750 I am not sure if Sterling would be as bad for Arsenal as you seem to believe, he is a player that offers a hell of a lot and is seldom injured. Don't see many teams refusing to take on a player of his quality, wage demands aside.
    Last edited by tango; 12th May 2022 at 00:09.

IMHO Sterling wouldn't get into the Arsenal side ahead of Saka and Martinelli (or Smith Rowe). His position isn't a problem area for Arsenal - Arsenal need to strengthen at the back and up front. Jesus absolutely would walk into the side though.

As an aside the Kane talk persists but it continues to amaze me why there isn't talk of someone coming in with a megabucks offer for Hyung Son Min. He'd get into pretty much any Premier League side - amazing player who somehow isn't courted by the huge clubs with massive budgets
    Last edited by ryanb741; 11th May 2022 at 09:57.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Yes Harland appears to be an absolute beast of a striker and he will strengthen City to alarming levels for all opposing fans.

Even the hope of it taking him a few years to settle in to the premier league or finding it too fast or physical are as good as nil, if I were a City fan I would be over the blue moon.

NikGixer750 I am not sure if Sterling would be as bad for Arsenal as you seem to believe, he is a player that offers a hell of a lot and is seldom injured. Don't see many teams refusing to take on a player of his quality, wage demands aside.
    Apart from the actual signing, Peps contract is up next year. I can’t see him walking away with a talent like Haaland to work with. He couldn’t contain his delight in the presser.

I hope both Sterling and Jesus stay but you can’t blame them for wanting away if they’re not going to get game time (Alvarez is also due to join squad this summer)

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    IMHO Sterling wouldn't get into the Arsenal side ahead of Saka and Martinelli (or Smith Rowe). His position isn't a problem area for Arsenal - Arsenal need to strengthen at the back and up front. Jesus absolutely would walk into the side though.

As an aside the Kane talk persists but it continues to amaze me why there isn't talk of someone coming in with a megabucks offer for Hyung Son Min. He'd get into pretty much any Premier League side - amazing player who somehow isn't courted by the huge clubs with massive budgets
    Agreed Son is one of the stars of the prem, great addition to any side

I thought Son had recently signed a new contract? Agree though, he’s absolute class.

Key time for Spurs. Conté will want to win trophies which will mean more players needed. Will Levy give him the funds though? If he doesn’t then I can see Conté leaving.

Master
    ....Hyung Son Min. He'd get into pretty much any Premier League side - amazing player who somehow isn't courted by the huge clubs with massive budgets
    Fabulous player, 8/10 at least, most games

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Fabulous player, 8/10 at least, most games
    10/10 every flipping time he plays against us .

Master
    Yes Harland appears to be an absolute beast of a striker and he will strengthen City to alarming levels for all opposing fans.
    He can’t possibly live up to the hype. I expect him to be warming the bench alongside Grealish by mid-season. (Don’t quote me on that).

Stirling would be a great fit for Arsenal - assuming the plan is to go out in the group stages of the CL while he trips over his own feet in the box.

I'm not sure Harland will be as good as everyone thinks. City can only play with 11, so that means one of their extremely talented forwards drops out.

About 10 years ago, pep bought another sure thing forward to fit into his Barca team. Zlatan, it was a disaster.

Beware buying players from Dortmand and Arsenal, not sure why but generally go downhill as soon as they leave. These teams seem better in the collective than they are as individuals. lewandowski is the exception to this, even Henry was nowhere near as good for Barca when he left the arse

Meanwhile we will mostly be buying from the bargain bins, although getting rid of pogba will be like a new signing

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Moss was surely Liverpools MOM tonight.
    How can he possibly pass the fitness tests?

Many think he's better than Kane on the pitch, but Son is definitely a bigger asset to Spurs off the pitch. He's a god in South Korea, where apparently a quarter of the population identify as Tottenham fans - more than any other team locally or globally. Think of the merchandise sales!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    When both sets of fans think he’s had a terrible game then maybe he’s doing something right. Or he had a total shocker…

I think he had the Newcastle flip flops on - it is May after all. And let’s not mention the “linesman”. One job…

Simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leeds players' stupidity has relegated them. Unbelievable that James does that after that plonker Ayling at the weekend. Fans must be devastated witnessing that idiocy

Master
    De Bruyne looks up for it.

As a Man Utd fan this is hard to say but come on city get that championship in the bag

Master
    Leeds have totally imploded in the last month. I’ll be sorry to see them go down - they’ve been much more entertaining to watch than many of the others around them in the table.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Leeds have totally imploded in the last month. I’ll be sorry to see them go down - they’ve been much more entertaining to watch than many of the others around them in the table.
    I agree, they are in free fall after a promising start which is a shame

KDB WOW

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Normal service resumed in Scotland.
    Great job Ange after the fiasco of the covid league last season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    KDB WOW
    He was phenomenal tonight.
    Sterling … not so much.

z

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    The league fiasco was surely the season before. Winning a league from a spam folder lol

Master
    Imagine if they hadn’t farted about with Eddie Who and had appointed Ange a month or so earlier.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Due to retire at the end of the season.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    The league fiasco was surely the season before. Winning a league from a spam folder lol
    Lol
    Wondered when the Lanarkshire bigot would appear
    Didn't take long.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Imagine if they hadn’t farted about with Eddie Who and had appointed Ange a month or so earlier.
    Yeh maybe.
    Stuff happens for a reason sometimes and he's a great fit for Celtic.
    Humble unassuming guy who just gets on with things.

Craftsman
    Lol
    Wondered when the Lanarkshire bigot would appear
    Didn't take long.
    Please quote anything I’ve said that is bigoted… I’ll be waiting!

Craftsman
    Yeh maybe.
    Stuff happens for a reason sometimes and he's a great fit for Celtic.
    Humble unassuming guy who just gets on with things.
    Stuff does happen for a reason, like that class action lawsuit that nobody wants to talk about.

Craftsman
    Please quote anything I’ve said that is bigoted… I’ll be waiting!
    Still waiting

https://media.giphy.com/media/kpzfYwBT7nUVW/giphy.gif

Craftsman
    Can’t be bothered waiting, going to bed now!
    Hopefully you have something for when I get up…or an apology! PM will be fine!

Craftsman
    Can’t be bothered waiting, going to bed now!
    Hopefully you have something for when I get up…or an apology! PM will be fine!
    One last chance!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    If you read my earlier posts, the results have been totally predictable. These last two games (Brighton and Brentford) are where the points needed to survive were always likely to come from, along with the three points taken at Watford.

Everton, IMHO, are already safe and I’m hoping that Burnley don’t score another point (Villa away, Spurs away and Newcastle at home).
    It could well come down to the final game of the season but it’s definitely touch and go.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    If you read my earlier posts, the results have been totally predictable. These last two games (Brighton and Brentford) are where the points needed to survive were always likely to come from, along with the three points taken at Watford.

Everton, IMHO, are already safe and I’m hoping that Burnley don’t score another point (Villa away, Spurs away and Newcastle at home).
    It could well come down to the final game of the season but it’s definitely touch and go.
    As much as I enjoyed Bielsa and the football Leeds played under him, I feel his inability to change Leeds style of play despite a long run of poor results, is probably the reason why the club find themselves in the precarious position they are in.

Will be interesting to see how clubs adapt to the new Premier League rules next season whereby before they play Liverpool every club needs to phone Jurgen Klopp and ask him exactly how he would like them to play against his team.

Master
    Will be interesting to see how clubs adapt to the new Premier League rules next season whereby before they play Liverpool every club needs to phone Jurgen Klopp and ask him exactly how he would like them to play against his team.
    Ha ha ha Klopp getting Fergie levels of dislike, means he is doing something right.

Ha ha ha Klopp getting Fergie levels of dislike, means he is doing something right.
    Klopp has grabbed the club by the scruff of the neck and transformed it into a winning machine. He’s a wonderful addition to the PL and can be funny in his pressers but, boy, does he complain and blame everything and everyone when things don’t go his way. It’s the one thing about him I dislike.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Klopp has grabbed the club by the scruff of the neck and transformed it into a winning machine. He’s a wonderful addition to the PL and can be funny in his pressers but, boy, does he complain and blame everything and everyone when things don’t go his way. It’s the one thing about him I dislike.
    Isn't that just human nature though? Most people complain and blame other people or issues when things don't go their way. Those that don't are the exception not the rule I believe.

Grand Master
    Beginning to think we are doomed, it’s been a wild ride
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Him and Rodgers have really upped the level of dental care in the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Him and Rodgers have really upped the level of dental care in the PL.

Those choppers!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    I assume the reply to Arteta would be - same as usual?

Master

Premier League 2021-22

Spurs just made things very interesting.

Maybe Arteta should have asked Conte how they were intending to play tonight.