closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2021-22

I’m one of many a generation of Liverpool fans in my family, took my lad to get his new kit from Anfield recently along with his grandad. Picture of them both in front of the shankly statue will soon be added to to champions wall mosaic. For most people you don’t get to choose, you are just kind of born into it.

I have a mate who is a toffee, his dad calls him up post match and often says ‘I’m sorry I got you into this son’’!

Master

Cool

CR7 or 77?

Welcome home Christiano!

A good signing and looking forward to seeing him in the PL each week.

I watched the mighty Blues v Huddersfield the other night. After a bit of Googling I found that it was being shown by a Portuguese sports channel which I managed to find. The commentary was like something from the Fast Show, prattle, prattle, prattle: Jordon Pickford. Prattle, prattle, prattle: Sheffield Wednesday - and so it went on. I wanted the commentator to say scorchio.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Welcome home Christiano!
    He’ll have his moments for sure

… but Cavani & Ronaldo up front with a combined age = 70

…that’s not Man U

z

Master
    Seems like Manyoo have increased their attacking threat with a quick dip into the transfer market today... some old bloke from italy, I hear..... Now if they go out and get Nivez, Ndidi or Nevez to firm op the defensive midfield then they will have the best chance in years.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    He’ll have his moments for sure

… but Cavani & Ronaldo up front with a combined age = 70

…that’s not Man U

z
    Shhhh noisy neighbour!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    A good signing and looking forward to seeing him in the PL each week.
    Who gets dropped? Thought Man United were pretty well provided for “forwards”.

I would think that Martial will be offloaded and I certainly wouldn't be sorry to see him go he will probably benefit from a move
    I'm just glad Ronaldo isn't going to be wearing a blue shirt it just wouldn't look right 😳

Busy transfer period in Manchester. Ronaldo to United and Mendy to Strangeways.

Blog Entries
    City are doing to the Arsenal what my team CFC should have done last week but must add as a born and bred North Londoner what is happening at the Arsenal is in its way quite sad but at least i suppose the W Brom game was a warm up for next season
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Busy transfer period in Manchester. Ronaldo to United and Mendy to Strangeways.
    I believe Mendy was on a free due to circumstances.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Discovered NBCSN an American channel who show all the 3 o’clock kick offs live. I’m watching Brighton v Everton. Superb quality. I’m guessing it is a UK production for export to the US. British commentators and pundits etc.

0-1 at half time - come on Everton.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Chelsea looking good, we dropped two points yesterday but a long way to go yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Chelsea looking good, we dropped two points yesterday but a long way to go yet.

As a Chelsea fan I agree with you, we dropped two points.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Don’t get too ahead of yourselves. The Liverpool midfield that played it was their first start this season, Virgil and Matip both back from long term injuries, Robbo has barely played. I agree you will be in the mix for sure, but City are still the team to beat and United will definitely be in and around it too. Should be a good season this one and I think injuries to key players will help to decide where it goes.

I think anyone who finishes above Chelsea this season will be Champions. Tuchel has done an amazing job in a short time.
    Much as I think Grealish will get even better under Pep I don’t see City winning title.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Sorry but as a fellow supporter we ground out a draw ,we got a IMO lucky header they got a pen but i thought the red was harsh and we managed to defend the second half.
    I thought Lakaku was the pits and ( i hope i am wrong) will continue like this the board thought they have bought a Derby winner but got a cart horse.
    The Manchester clubs say thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Sorry but as a fellow supporter we ground out a draw ,we got a IMO lucky header they got a pen but i thought the red was harsh and we managed to defend the second half.
    I thought Lakaku was the pits and ( i hope i am wrong) will continue like this the board thought they have bought a Derby winner but got a cart horse.
    The Manchester clubs say thank you.
    Eh ?
    Chelsea were the better team up until Alty Taylor evened things up . Liverpool had a good twenty minutes after half time but once this period was up, Chelsea were comfortable. I agree completely about Lukaku. He will score lots of goals but he just doesn’t seem a top level striker.
    I can’t understand why Klopp doesn’t play Thiago more . He’s a step up from what was on display yesterday .
    Shaping up already to be a memorable season . I agree with sevvy, I don’t think City will win it this year . There or thereabouts but I believe it’ll be between Chelsea and the Trafford Rangers /PIGMOL alliance .

Dear Mike Riley,

Re your 'soft touch' instructions to your cohort re applying the Laws (sorry, that's so 20th century; it's 'game management' now, isn't it?: one thing has become apparent this early in the season, your referees are now displaying never-before-seen levels of inconsistency when what's actually needed is consistency. I accept that the referee requires to apply a mix of subjectivity & objectivity when performing his role. However, it appears that subjectivity has become paramount.

When can we expect the u-turn, because you're compromising the integrity of the game, player safety & even results as your minions make it up on the fly?

Yours in football,

Jim.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Eh ?
    Chelsea were the better team up until Alty Taylor evened things up . Liverpool had a good twenty minutes after half time but once this period was up, Chelsea were comfortable. I agree completely about Lukaku. He will score lots of goals but he just doesn’t seem a top level striker.
    I can’t understand why Klopp doesn’t play Thiago more . He’s a step up from what was on display yesterday .
    Shaping up already to be a memorable season . I agree with sevvy, I don’t think City will win it this year . There or thereabouts but I believe it’ll be between Chelsea and the Trafford Rangers /PIGMOL alliance .
    On the flip side I’d say Liverpool were completely comfortable for the first half. Apart from the goal Chelsea created very little, it was Liverpool with all the chances first half.

Chelsea look a solid unit though, but as you say Lukaku isn’t a top level striker, they should have went for Haaland.

Thiago hasn’t really got going at all for us, he’s been fairly anonymous in the games he has played for us, hope he comes good but I can’t see him doing it for us.

Any chance of ending the season early? Ordinarily I'd troll Ryan but he supports Southampton now

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Any chance of ending the season early? Ordinarily I'd troll Ryan but he supports Southampton now
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

That was last week, he’ll be supporting Leicester or Newcastle by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    That was last week, he’ll be supporting Leicester or Newcastle by now.
    It definitely won't be Newcastle

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    On the flip side I’d say Liverpool were completely comfortable for the first half. Apart from the goal Chelsea created very little, it was Liverpool with all the chances first half.
    Eh? Did Mendy actually need to make a save up until the penalty? If that’s Liverpool being comfortable you’re welcome to it.

If it had been allowed to be 11 v 11 I think you may well have been on the end of a proper good hiding. That myopic tw@t Taylor put pay to that quite nicely.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Eh? Did Mendy actually need to make a save up until the penalty? If that’s Liverpool being comfortable you’re welcome to it.

If it had been allowed to be 11 v 11 I think you may well have been on the end of a proper good hiding. That myopic tw@t Taylor put pay to that quite nicely.
    Right because of the red I see you’ve lost touch with actually happened in the first half.

Alisson didn’t make a save in the first half either. Chelsea in fact had only 2 shots on target in the whole game and one was the goal.

In the first half Liverpool had more possession, more attacks and more shots than Chelsea.

So yes I’d say we were comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Eh... That myopic tw@t Taylor put pay to that quite nicely.
    Seriously? Nailed on penalty and red card if I ever saw one.

Master
    Seriously? Nailed on penalty and red card if I ever saw one.
    What I thought was absolutely shocking was that, from what was shown on MOTD, the referee walked towards the screen which appeared to have been paused showing an incriminating still image. He then spins round having made his decision points to the spot and grabs his red card. A red card + penalty (at 1-0 to the other side) decision surely merits a review of actual video footage and the potentially important few seconds before the ball hits whoever it was’s arm.

Maybe MOTD edited out the bit where that happened? Did anyone see it live?

I have never ever seen such a quick and cursory VAR decision.
    Last edited by David_D; 31st August 2021 at 12:27.

May I recommend David Squires' excellent Tuesday cartoon strip in the Guardian?

https://www.theguardian.com/football...eason-football
    ______

​Jim.

You can troll away season ticket holder (fortunately on holiday for Chelsea match, will no doubt be grumpy post Norwich match though...)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Kabak to Norwich, didn’t see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    What I thought was absolutely shocking was that, from what was shown on MOTD, the referee walked towards the screen which appeared to have been paused showing an incriminating still image. He then spins round having made his decision points to the spot and grabs his red card. A red card + penalty (at 1-0 to the other side) decision surely merits a review of actual video footage and the potentially important few seconds before the ball hits whoever it was’s arm.

Maybe MOTD edited out the bit where that happened? Did anyone see it live?

I have never ever seen such a quick and cursory VAR decision.
    He was definitely watching a moving image when he went to the screen . The still image was the Sky one immediately afterwards. You could see why it looked confusing . He didn’t hesitate to give it though. Normally you’d expect him to take at least a couple of views. I think Alty Taylor has previous with Chelsea though . He’s definitely one of the most abject referees ever to grace the pitch . He’s either corrupt or completely incompetent. The problem being that it isn’t easy to tell which.
    Aligned himself to the Cheshire FA so he could officiate City and United games . Comes from a family of obsessed United fans and of course he supports Altrincham !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Kabak to Norwich, didn’t see that coming.
    He was always good value for a booking .
    Had a run of four games when he got a yellow in every one . Not good enough for Liverpool, I’d imagine Norwich will be an unenviable task for him .

Blog Entries
    He was always good value for a booking .
    Had a run of four games when he got a yellow in every one . Not good enough for Liverpool, I’d imagine Norwich will be an unenviable task for him .
    He was generally well rated by Liverpool fans…. Had a shocker v Leicester though…. A good signing for Norwich

Would prefer him to Vestergaard I think

Master
    He was definitely watching a moving image when he went to the screen . The still image was the Sky one immediately afterwards. You could see why it looked confusing . He didn’t hesitate to give it though. Normally you’d expect him to take at least a couple of views. I think Alty Taylor has previous with Chelsea though . He’s definitely one of the most abject referees ever to grace the pitch . He’s either corrupt or completely incompetent. The problem being that it isn’t easy to tell which.
    Aligned himself to the Cheshire FA so he could officiate City and United games . Comes from a family of obsessed United fans and of course he supports Altrincham !!!
    Must have been an edit issue. If you see MOTD at about 19’45”, it appears he’s hardly looked at it!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000z8k4

David Moyes was busy in the transfer market.

Nikola Vlasic

Alex Kral

Kurt Zouma
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Blog Entries

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    It definitely won't be Newcastle

You've just signed Neymar.

Neymar defenders
    Neymar midfielders
    And Neymar strikers.

Master
    I think Odegaard is confusing the Champions League with the Championship. Winning the Championship within 2 years may be possible, but the champions league ........... someone needs to give that man a drugs test.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-...hares-21541939

Blog Entries
    CR7 starts today even as a CFC supporter i am interested reckon he will produce big time can see Manure going all the way to the title this season however would love to see the “ toon” win today.
    Last edited by mart broad; 11th September 2021 at 15:38.

My first time back at Old Trafford for a while…and what a match to pick!

United with Ronaldo will win the title this season. Hurrah!

Blog Entries

shhhh. Noisy neighbours.

I like your posts .
    They make me laugh and this one is no exception.
    Meanwhile , back on Planet Earth ..

Master
    I like your posts .
    Any predictions yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Oh don't ask.... PLEASE.......Jesus H.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Sure , it was a gentle tug at our poorer neighbours .
    I’ve said before that I don’t think City will defend it . I think it’ll be between Chelsea and United with City being the best of a bad bunch following up .
    Looking at today’s game , with Kane or another goal machine , we beat Leicester by four or five . Leicester , the FA Cup winners and top four candidates away from home .
    I think Pep will consolidate with the kids from the U23 s fir a year or two .

I like your posts .
    No need to bleat

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    CR7 starts today even as a CFC supporter i am interested reckon he will produce big time can see Manure going all the way to the title this season however would love to see the “ toon” win today.
    CFC is Celtic Football Club
    You mean Chelsea

Blog Entries
    You jousy sky blue bell sniffs