closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    The place was absolutely rocking yesterday.

Well deserved 3 points. COYS
    Mine says hi

Blog Entries
    And another.........

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Not for "Citeh" it never
    It’s citeh .
    3/10 for your half arsed insult.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    It’s citeh .
    3/10 for your half arsed insult.
    Just offering some correction to the mans post......no need for you to remain so anally sensitive about 22 millionaires kicking a leather clad bag of air around every weekend .....just sayin' like .....and I felt I had to offer my post because ......citeh never won...😂😂

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    No, please don't.

Nuno has certainly done well to date, with a solid pre-season and now this... I'm happy that we've been written off by the pundits, and you never know.

Yesterday we had some supreme performances (Tanganga, Sanchez, Moura, Skipp, Son) and that was without Harry or any of our new boys; remember, Romero was lauded as the best central defender in Italy last season, and Gill is a diamond.

All in all, I think we're on the up again. Top four in this league is a big ask for any side, though.

Good start for your boys too, Neil!
    This makes me sad
    We miss Nuno at Wolves

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Roy Keane

"Man United lack creativity in the middle of the park"

Man United midfield today

Fred, Matic, Pogba, Bruno, Greenwood

Craftsman
    Cracking win today for Spurs. Kane coming on, is he off or not?

Can't see levy risking 150m Kane if he was off to City this week? Personally hope he's staying and for me ,it's now to late to bring in a quality replacement

Watford next.

Moved my allegiance from Arsenal to Southampton after the whole European Super League fiasco and that was a good point today.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 22nd August 2021 at 17:02.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Roy Keane

"Man United lack creativity in the middle of the park"

Man United midfield today

Fred, Matic, Pogba, Bruno, Greenwood
    I thought ManU were dreadful today.

Fred, Pogba, Bruno & Greenwood spent more time moaning at Pawson than playing football. It's difficult to be creative when your prime objective is to 'game' the ref. The Saints were pretty limited & ManU should have had plenty to see them off, IMHO.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I thought ManU were dreadful today.

Fred, Pogba, Bruno & Greenwood spent more time moaning at Pawson than playing football. It's difficult to be creative when your prime objective is to 'game' the ref. The Saints were pretty limited & ManU should have had plenty to see them off, IMHO.
    After all these years and with that amount of quality in the midfield surely questions should be asked of the manager instead of putting it all on the players?

On a different note Arsenal are awful today! I used to enjoy watching an Arsenal game but do they actually have a defence out today?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman53 View Post
    This makes me sad
    We miss Nuno at Wolves

No we don’t - we’ve moved on now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman53 View Post
    This makes me sad
    We miss Nuno at Wolves

Did Nuno decide it was time to move on, or did the board decide it was time for a change?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Did Nuno decide it was time to move on, or did the board decide it was time for a change?
    Official line was mutual agreement, but he was sacked

Cracking win today for Spurs. Kane coming on, is he off or not?

Can't see levy risking 150m Kane if he was off to City this week? Personally hope he's staying and for me ,it's now to late to bring in a quality replacement

Watford next.
    Looking forward to that one, when I expect both Romero (in for Dier) and Kane to start. Not the best news for one of Moura or Bergwijn, both of whom have started the season well.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Official line was mutual agreement, but he was sacked
    Yes. I think he had the push but was allowed to leave with dignity and say goodbye to the fans. The football had gone stale but Wolves fans will be forever grateful for what he did

Craftsman
    Looking forward to that one, when I expect both Romero (in for Dier) and Kane to start. Not the best news for one of Moura or Bergwijn, both of whom have started the season well.
    Hope your right, can see Bergwin being dropped, Moura has started the season great. Looking forward to Watford, just not being a sunday game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Moved my allegiance from Arsenal to Southampton after the whole European Super League fiasco and that was a good point today.
    I'm sure Southampton will be thankful for your allegiance.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post

I’m not sure how you can change ‘allegiance’, whatever the board may have done
    You don’t support the board or the manager or the players… you support the club.

At least that’s how I’ve always viewed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    I’m not sure how you can change ‘allegiance’, whatever the board may have done
    You don’t support the board or the manager or the players… you support the club.

At least that’s how I’ve always viewed it.
    Exactly.

"Changing allegiance" is unheard of among football supporters.

Once you are in you stick with the club through thick and thin.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Exactly.

BHA - thin and thick is more like it. I drove past the missing tooth of the Goldstone last night and it still makes me seethe. Mind you, the new ground spoils the view!

Exactly.

Not in my book. It's not like a marriage. When I first moved to the UK as a child I supported Liverpool but changed to Arsenal.

Not in my book. It's not like a marriage. When I first moved to the UK as a child I supported Liverpool but changed to Arsenal.
    That’s like selling a Rolex and buying an Oris with the money

Sorry, but that’s not supporting a team/club (can you even differentiate between the two?). Not in my book, anyway.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 23rd August 2021 at 18:38.

Put it this way - if your partner cheated on you wouldn't it be stupid to carry on with them? That's kind of what those teams did when they went down the Super League path. IMHO anyway, I appreciate everyone is different and I wasn't exactly a die hard supporter.

Anyway Saints were always my local Prem Team from where I grew up in the UK (Poole and that was before Bournemouth got into the Prem) and it's not exactly as if I've changed allegiances for glory hunting reasons! :)

That is quite funny, no offence intended. I’ve never heard of an adult fan changing clubs. I ‘chose’ Arsenal when I was 5, most of my class chose Chelsea as it was the Peter Osgood era.

If I changed clubs, my marriage would be over anyway. My wife’s family have been Gooners since they were Woolwich Arsenal, as her grandmother worked at the munitions factory.

You might get more out of football if you treated your club like a spouse, for better or worse etc., rather than stock-picking.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    That is quite funny, no offence intended. I’ve never heard of an adult fan changing clubs. I ‘chose’ Arsenal when I was 5, most of my class chose Chelsea as it was the Peter Osgood era.

If I changed clubs, my marriage would be over anyway. My wife’s family have been Gooners since they were Woolwich Arsenal, as her grandmother worked at the munitions factory.

You might get more out of football if you treated your club like a spouse, for better or worse etc., rather than stock-picking.
    Yes, I was the same kind of age when I "inherited" Spurs. I started going with my Dad when I was 10, and have fond memories of eating jellied eels and cockles outside the ground around that time.

I could as much change my allegiances now as I could change my gender. In fact, it was unthinkable even back then, let alone after half a decade of watching them.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 23rd August 2021 at 17:52.

Blog Entries
    Let’s face it…. You don’t ‘choose’ to support Leicester - glad they were given to me though!

It’d be like divorcing your parents…

Craftsman
    Yes, I was the same kind of age when I "inherited" Spurs. I started going with my Dad when I was 10, and have fond memories of eating jellied eels and cockles outside the ground around that time.

I could as much change my allegiances now as I could change my gender. In fact, it was unthinkable 40 years ago, let alone after half a decade of watching them.
    Spot on, most of my family are gooners. We lived in north London, Started going at 8 with my mates. 44 years later ,still think being Spurs was the right decision.

Still meet up with mates I've had for 30+ years down Spurs, it's more then watching 90 mins of **** football now days.

Craftsman
    Your right, it's not like a marriage, it's far more serious and far better than any marriage. Your football club is for life.

Your right, it's not like a marriage, it's far more serious and far better than any marriage. Your football club is for life.
    That's an interesting one in so far as a football club is often a mark of identity for supporters. I'm not knocking that but I've never felt a sense of identity with any club (or if I'm honest any country or city). I tend to watch football in the same way I watch rugby - want a good game and cheer my team on but it doesn't ruin my day if the team loses (ok I was pretty cut up after England lost the RWC final but that wasn't any ordinary game).

I actually moved away from supporting Liverpool as a child after Heysel. That was the move. Since then I'll be honest that I've felt a bit of hostility towards Liverpool as I feel that club's actions have cost English teams like West Ham etc a place in Europe. Thats not a tribal thing, just my interpretation of the aura around that club. But I've never had any hate towards Spurs even as an Arsenal fan - I have been cheesed off by the actions of Chelsea fans but I appreciate that is a minority.

But back on topic, the notion of supporting a club as an identity isn't something I've had yet. And it seems specific to football - I doubt any Harlequin fans or Hampshire County Cricket club have the same outlook

But you're placing the blame on the club/players for what happened at Heysel. And costing teams like West Ham a place in Europe? That was in 1985 when the two best teams in England were Liverpool and Everton, and then Aresenal in the late 80s, right to when the ban was lifted in 1990. Fair enough if you don't like Liverpool fans but you can't blame the club or players for what happened.

As a Liverpool fan from the late 70s I could never imagine dropping them for any other club, no matter what stupidity the owners got up to or some of the idiotic fans. Supporting a football team comes from the heart once you've made your choice.

That's an interesting one in so far as a football club is often a mark of identity for supporters. I'm not knocking that but I've never felt a sense of identity with any club (or if I'm honest any country or city). I tend to watch football in the same way I watch rugby - want a good game and cheer my team on but it doesn't ruin my day if the team loses (ok I was pretty cut up after England lost the RWC final but that wasn't any ordinary game).

I actually moved away from supporting Liverpool as a child after Heysel. That was the move. Since then I'll be honest that I've felt a bit of hostility towards Liverpool as I feel that club's actions have cost English teams like West Ham etc a place in Europe. Thats not a tribal thing, just my interpretation of the aura around that club. But I've never had any hate towards Spurs even as an Arsenal fan - I have been cheesed off by the actions of Chelsea fans but I appreciate that is a minority.

But back on topic, the notion of supporting a club as an identity isn't something I've had yet. And it seems specific to football - I doubt any Harlequin fans or Hampshire County Cricket club have the same outlook

Premier League 2021-22

I appreciate young children’s allegiance can change (I think I had both a Kevin Keegan Liverpool shirt and a Malcolm McDonald Newcastle shirt as a glory hunting 7 year old).
    But not as an adult - by then we’ have made our bed for better or worse.
    This is something I can’not get my head around with NFL franchises - no wonder Los Angeles has so many counsellors and therapists

As an Everton season ticket holder at the time that was a bitter pill to swallow. Having won the league and the European Cup winners cup beating Bayern Munich in the semis we were one of the best teams in Europe at that time and would have stood a good chance of doing well in the European cup.

You take the rough with the smooth, I went to 3 FA cup finals on the trot and saw them lift the cup in ‘84 against Watford. I saw them presented with the League at Goodson and I saw them win at Anfield. The 85/86 season I went to 44 games going to all FA cup away games and many away league games and I today still blame Gary Lineker for costing us the double. In 84/85 most of the midfield scored 10 to 15 goals each when we won the league, as soon as Lineker arrived it was pass the ball to him and although he got close to 40 goals everyone else’s stats dropped off. To prove my point, he left and we won the league the following season.

I stopped going around that time, but still support them to this day even though we haven’t won anything for over 25 years. Most Blues are still in the let’s get to 40 points first mindset then let’s see where we can go from there.

Master
    That's a basic lack of understanding of what being a football supporter means I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    That's a basic lack of understanding of what being a football supporter means I'm afraid.
    The bit about switching allegiances was a bit off but I can totally understand Ryan’s stance on the European League . I wouldn’t of stepped in to City again if it had gone ahead . I would’ve gone watching semi pro instead .

The bit about switching allegiances was a bit off but I can totally understand Ryan’s stance on the European League . I wouldn’t of stepped in to City again if it had gone ahead . I would’ve gone watching semi pro instead .
    WHAT ???? For all the extreme gobbing off you do about "citeh", that's the worst load of baloney you've ever come out with 😂😂😂

Great win for the hammers tonight...

WHAT ???? For all the extreme gobbing off you do about "citeh", that's the worst load of baloney you've ever come out with 
    Squawk !!
    Yeah, didnt expect that from you Boring. For someone who supposedly doesn’t like football, you seem fairly obsessed with trailing around the topic like a bad smell .

Squawk !!
    Yeah, didnt expect that from you Boring. For someone who supposedly doesn’t like football, you seem fairly obsessed with trailing around the topic like a bad smell .
    I don't mind football at all. What I don't like is mouthy bellends like you gobbing off about your team like they're the best thing since sliced bread then saying you'd knob off your support and watch Sunday league like you did above.
    Come back and talk when you've won the Champions League......

Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post

Oh yes!

Comprehensive destruction of Leicester last night.

Hopefully we can continue on from where we left off last season.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

I don't mind football at all. What I don't like is mouthy bellends like you gobbing off about your team like they're the best thing since sliced bread then saying you'd knob off your support and watch Sunday league like you did above.
    Come back and talk when you've won the Champions League......
    Come back and talk when you’ve won the Champions League ?
    Are you 6 ?
    And , for context , which you always happen to miss out , I said ,and I stand by it, if the club had joined the SuperLeague I wouldn’t have gone back . Is there a bit in there that you struggle to grasp ?

Oh yes!

Comprehensive destruction of Leicester last night.

Hopefully we can continue on from where we left off last season.
    Hmmm... something of a worry, as I was hoping it was a one season wonder!

Craftsman
    This is what supporting a football club means to a lot of people.

“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

The words of the late, great, Sir Bobby Robson.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post

The London Stadium was absolutely buzzing last night. Best atmosphere I've ever seen there I think and a fabulous performance.

It does underline how desperately we need some cover for Antonio though. His hamstrings won't last a season and at the moment we've got more goalkeepers than strikers.

The London Stadium was absolutely buzzing last night. Best atmosphere I've ever seen there I think and a fabulous performance.

It does underline how desperately we need some cover for Antonio though. His hamstrings won't last a season and at the moment we've got more goalkeepers than strikers.
    Must have been fantastic to be there. Totally agree about the squad depth, a couple of injuries or an outbreak of Covid and we'd be in a bit of trouble. I really hope that the owners back the manager and team with some more players in key positions but....

We have needed another quality striker for a while now, unfortunately it is the most expensive and difficult position to fill.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Blog Entries
    Superb by the irons and good to see them doing what my team should have done the the Arsenal on Sunday win but win big really emphasise your superiority.Antonio was magnificent.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master

Genuinely ridiculous.

Blog Entries
    Well done hammers…. Arses handed to us on a plate

You were better…. Much better

Our defence is in complete crisis with injuries (doesn’t just happen to Liverpool ya know!), but, one of our best players was a centre back so our issues ran much deeper last night