closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,850 of 2171

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Craftsman
    The Pogba to Manchester City rumours flying around would ordinarily be dismissed by me as complete tosh, however we live in a time where anything is possible.

Whilst we know how most United fans would feel about such move I would be interested to know what the City fans would feel should the rumours become reality.

He wants to work with Pep apparently which is understandable, but why would a club as stable as City take a chance on someone potentially very disruptive in the changing room, allegedly of course?

Premier League 2021-22

It happens, Denis Law, Brian Kidd, Peter Schmiechel and the great Billy Meredith.

I reckon Christiano wished heíd moved to City last summer, Wednesday was made for him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a united fan, take him. I think it would be a departure from city's strategy, a 30 year old who doesn't work hard enough who would want 400k per week, he's got PSG written all over him.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Toxic - wonder what he will be like with a new agent.

Master
    Pogba the poison in the team, lazy peacock who disappears when the going gets tough.
    A complete clear out is needed and start from the back building a solid base that can actually defend, a midfield with at least 2 players who have an engine that have both forward & reverse gears. The goals will follow if the new Boss can get these bit right.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Sad story for West Ham last night - Cresswell given straight red again after only 17 minutes.

That said, Eintracht Frankfurt are a fantastic team and I can't see past them for the final.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Frankfurt sitting 11th in the Bundesliga. Rangers already put out Dortmund and Leipzig who are sitting 2nd and 5th respectively.
    Means nothing.

West Ham put out Sevilla, six times winners of the Europa cup and currently third in La Liga.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Rumours abound all the time as we get closer to transfer window. I recall Pogba saying recently that one week the fans are full of praise for him and dissing him the next but he still gets paid both weeks. Whilst itís true it probably speaks volumes to his mentality.
    I hope he doesnít come anywhere the Etihad apart from an away match against City. He represents everything thatís wrong in modern football.
    Only signing Iím interested in is Haaland, although word came out that Mbappe had agreed in principal a two year extension at PSG so if thatís the case Real Madrid could easily tempt Haaland their way.

Premier League 2021-22

Well Burnley losing today gives me some hope. Villa again, Leicester and Newcastle to play and Iím wondering if theyíll score another point.

That said, Arsenal, Chelsea, Brentford and Brighton may not yield us any points but Iím hopeful for at least three.

My gut instinct is that Everton will be effectively beyond reach once their games in hand have been caught up.

I could be totally wrong though, I usually am.

Blog Entries
    Super result Brighton pity my club CFC cannot show the same passion and commitment hopefully a complete overhaul for the new season by the new owners.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Craftsman
    Great win for Brighton, United capitulated.

Liverpool Tottenham has got all Liverpool and Arsenal fans glued to the TV.

Unless Rangnick has done good work in the background on future strategy and approach, then United might have been better off keeping Ole in the meantime. Theyíve gone backwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Liverpool Tottenham has got all Liverpool and Arsenal fans glued to the TV.
    ... & Man City fans too

z

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Well Burnley losing today gives me some hope. Villa again, Leicester and Newcastle to play and Iím wondering if theyíll score another point.

That said, Arsenal, Chelsea, Brentford and Brighton may not yield us any points but Iím hopeful for at least three.

My gut instinct is that Everton will be effectively beyond reach once their games in hand have been caught up.

I could be totally wrong though, I usually am.
    I hope you are bang on right

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    ... & Man City fans too

z
    Yes you could be celebrating the league in around 20 minutes.

Craftsman
    Yes you could be celebrating the league in around 20 minutes.
    Actually..... Hold that thought!

1-1 doesn't help either team TBH.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    1-1 doesn't help either team TBH.
    I'd help Man City

z

How the heck did Spurs not score right at the death? Wow what an escape. Man City and Arsenal will be pleased

Damn. Yet again, so close to beating the b*stards

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Damn. Yet again, so close to beating the b*stards
    It was an alien feeling for me to be cheering on Spurs ( still hurting from 1981 FA Cup Final ), but that draw might be enough...

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    It was an alien feeling for me to be cheering on Spurs ( still hurting from 1981 FA Cup Final ), but that draw might be enough...

z
    Yes, I was there. In fact, Iíve been going for 52 years now - itís no wonder Iím a miserable sod.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Frustrating watching TAA keep pointlessly crossing it in (badly in most cases), LFC were never gonna score in the air today with Spurs easily winning all the aerial battles.

Can't see City losing a game let alone drawing if honest

Still open I reckon, although huge fillip for City.

Crazy season, and mad day for Northampton today. Gutted. But fair play to BR.

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xxnick1975; 7th May 2022 at 21:56.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The Pogba to Manchester City rumours flying around would ordinarily be dismissed by me as complete tosh, however we live in a time where anything is possible.
    Yeah I was shocked to see that - why they would want that lazy git is beyond me. More concerned about his haircut each week

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Frustrating watching TAA keep pointlessly crossing it in (badly in most cases), LFC were never gonna score in the air today with Spurs easily winning all the aerial battles.

Can't see City losing a game let alone drawing if honest
    Tomorrowís game v Newcastle will be tricky. City with a potential hangover from Wednesday night and Newcastle riding high in 2022

Craftsman
    Spurs tactics were horrible, 11 men 30 yards from the goal line for the majority of the game.

Having said that Liverpool never looked like scoring more than 1, lost of possession and position but as someone mentioned above lots of over hit or under hit crosses.

City title now, itís gone for Liverpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Spurs tactics were horrible, 11 men 30 yards from the goal line for the majority of the game.

Having said that Liverpool never looked like scoring more than 1, lost of possession and position but as someone mentioned above lots of over hit or under hit crosses.

Yes it's City now for sure, though to be honest it probably was irrespective of todays result.

This may help Liverpool in their quest for the other two trophies as it may take some of the pressure off, now they know it's over for the title.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Tomorrowís game v Newcastle will be tricky. City with a potential hangover from Wednesday night and Newcastle riding high in 2022
    I think thats just nerves from you Sevvy, it should be nothing but a comfortable victory.

IMHO Spurs were the better team and had the best chances. Fabinho should have been sent off and the Spurs defending was terrific

City title now, it’s gone for Liverpool.

Rubbish. The tactics were spot on and we should have won by two or three goals.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    IMHO Spurs were the better team and had the best chances. Fabinho should have been sent off and the Spurs defending was terrific
    The better team ??? They spent the whole game pegged back defending their box.

I canít remember them having a shot in the first half or even getting out their half.

Liverpool completely dominated the game but never looked like scoring enough to win it.

Spurs tactics were horrible, the fans canít like watching that itís the most negative Iíve seen at anfield this season, literally every man in their own half.

The spurs fans were very lively though the best away support Iíve seen this season to be fair. Canít beat an away on the sauce all day and a late kick off on a Saturday.

I canít remember them having a shot in the first half or even getting out their half.

Spurs hit the post in the 1st half and Kane would have scored if the Liverpool defender hadn't made a great last ditch block.

Master
    MOTD showed the remaining fixtures and City have to go to Wolves and West Ham both of who are fighting for European football. Last game is v Villa managed by - Steven Gerrard!! And not discounting Newcastle tomorrow.

Will Liverpool be distracted by the FA Cup and Champions League finals??

A long way to go!

Liverpool completely dominated the game but never looked like scoring enough to win it.

Spurs tactics were horrible, the fans canít like watching that itís the most negative Iíve seen at anfield this season, literally every man in their own half.

The spurs fans were very lively though the best away support Iíve seen this season to be fair. Canít beat an away on the sauce all day and a late kick off on a Saturday.

Remind me how many shots Pool had on target? Only remember Lloris having one save to make and that was from Sessegnon. Klopp seems to think all teams should roll over for him. One of the best defensive displays Iíve seen this season and we had the better chances. I would gladly taken a point beforehand but now it feels like weíve dropped 2 points!

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Remind me how many shots Pool had on target? Only remember Lloris having one save to make and that was from Sessegnon. Klopp seems to think all teams should roll over for him. One of the best defensive displays Iíve seen this season and we had the better chances. I would gladly taken a point beforehand but now it feels like weíve dropped 2 points!
    Yep. And Hojbjerg

Itís speaking the obvious but managers set a game plan to win a game, not allow their opponent to play their best game. Spurs weíre never going to beat Liverpool allowing an open, free running game so why do it?

If Contť is given the money to boost the squad they will only improve under him.

Craftsman
    I think the Spurs chances from last night stand out more as they were unexpected, but Liverpool undoubtedly dominated the game. For the Kane blocked shot, see the block on Salah from Davies. For the Hojberg hit post, see the crossbar rattled by van Dijk. Liverpool produced 10 shots to Spurs 6, each side had 3 on target, and the xG was 1.2 - 1.0. two completely different styles, a very even game.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Who knows, Stevie G may be hoping to have a final say/twist for the title run in :)

Liverpool fan upset that opposing team come and stop them from winning easily.

Good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Who knows, Stevie G may be hoping to have a final say/twist for the title run in :)
    I was thinking this. He would love nothing better. Honestly though Liverpool are not going to do it.

The Fabhino forearm smash on Son wouldíve been a red card in rugby , never mind football.
    Got to love PGMOL

Must win game for Arsenal against Leeds later today. That result would mean Spurs have to win the North London Derby and like we saw at Anfield last night when a team has to win at all costs the pressure can become overwhelming.

That being said Chelsea are under big pressure for Top 4 and could feasibly end up 5th

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    I was thinking this. He would love nothing better. Honestly though Liverpool are not going to do it.
    Your possibly right, but as Greavsie once said, footballs a funny old game. One thing for sure, its going to be a super super Sunday

I mean the absolute nerve of Tottenham knowing they are a weaker team but have their own top 4 race to play for actually decided to play Liverpool away from home with intention not to loose and maybe knick a point or more.

The absolute nerve of it all - donít they know they are supposed to let Liverpool score 3 before they implement the game plan!!

Best result for my team last night- hopefully we do the business vs Leeds.

Master
    Rangnick when asked which position was good enough Ďkeeperí says it all about United when the only positive is a 38 year old keeper!

De Gea isnít 38

Master
    Blog Entries
    Spurs had a good game plan and he worked, fair play to them.

League was always a big ask, not over yet though.

Not putting Chelsea away at the start of the season was a big faux pas.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    That would be the dream. Unfortunately I donít think his team could beat a 10 man City team. Fingers crossed for a miracle though.

Are arsenal going to hold on against 10man Leeds?

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Are arsenal going to hold on against 10man Leeds?
    Yes.