closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    What difference does that make? I thought your argument was about the existence of money, not where it comes from?
    Enjoy the next champions Newcastle. I am sure they will find a couple of hundred thousand Chinese that will lap up the £100 team jerseys.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    What difference does that make? I thought your argument was about the existence of money, not where it comes from?
    There was never owners willing to lose hundreds of millions of pounds just to get their teams a championship.
    Man Utd was always the biggest club in terms of size and support but it wasn't able to buy them titles in the 70s and 80s until Ferguson came. The difference in wealth was nowhere near the same.
    It's ridiculous that a team like Newcastle will likely be champions within 5 years by doing nothing as a club but having caught the eye of a murderous regime.
    I thought City and PSG was sickening enough but this ramps it up another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    It's ridiculous that a team like Newcastle will likely be champions within 5 years by doing nothing as a club but having caught the eye of a murderous regime.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Agreed. It’s a wonderful city surround by gorgeous countryside and beaches, and the people are lovely. I spent about 7 months up there recently and I’d move there tomorrow if I could.

Anything that might attract millionaire footballers? I wasn't for one second deriding the area or the people just pointing out that footballers tend to flock together, while piles or money will no doubt make the area more attractive beaches and countryside won't.

I've had some great nights out in Newcastle but it's not London Paris Milan Madrid or Rome is it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Anything that might attract millionaire footballers? I wasn't for one second deriding the area or the people just pointing out that footballers tend to flock together, while piles or money will no doubt make the area more attractive beaches and countryside won't.

I've had some great nights out in Newcastle but it's not London Paris Milan Madrid or Rome is it?
    It's not London, but neither are Liverpool or Manchester.

Anything that might attract millionaire footballers?
    Other than more of those millions, you mean?

Master
    [QUOTE=kace;5850103.

I've had some great nights out in Newcastle but it's not London Paris Milan Madrid or Rome is it?[/QUOTE]

The girls don't own jackets either from what I can remember of a few nights out there.

And that means what exactly? Believe it or not we actually do have shops, pubs, and restaurants just like any other place. If there is something we don't have then it can be ordered on line these days.

I mean are you actually saying because they are bigger capital city's that makes them better.

The North East as a whole is a beautiful place to be and live. I'm no millionaire but even if I was I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be.

It's about opinions and it seems yours is rather low in regards to Newcastle.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

In regards to Newcastle I wonder who their first big statement signing al la Robinho will be. I think they could land Kane as interest may simmer down from the other big clubs.

I think it will be a few seasons of finishing in the top 4 before they can truly tempt the top talent of world football I don’t think you’d see M’bappe or Haland decide to sign for them just yet.

I also don’t think location will be an issue for them and if it is I don’t think it’s anything they cant surmount with a few more £ thrown in

You think 20 odd year old multi millionaire footballers are signing contracts based on the cultural heritage of a city?

I am sure they are pretty familiar with planes, cars and other means of transport should they wish to visit Big Ben or the Houses of Parliament.

What I'd say is those footballers playing for London teams don't actually live or train in London. Chelsea/ Arsenal etc have their training grounds in Surrey/Hertfordshire and the players live nearby so they don't actually get a London experience anyway. It isn't like they are living in Mayfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    There was never owners willing to lose hundreds of millions of pounds just to get their teams a championship.
    Man Utd was always the biggest club in terms of size and support but it wasn't able to buy them titles in the 70s and 80s until Ferguson came. The difference in wealth was nowhere near the same.
    Who are these owners willing to lose hundreds of millions?
    You’ve used Utd as some kind of financial barometer which bears no relevance to todays game . When Ferguson came into Old Trafford he was backed with money beyond any available to other clubs at the time . Besides Fergusons greatness, he also spent a whole heap of money .
    Why is it ridiculous that Newcastle will be challenging soon ? Would you prefer a closed shop approach where only two or three teams can compete ? Maybe you’d prefer the much vaunted Bundesliga with the Bayern Munich success year on year ?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Who are these owners willing to lose hundreds of millions?
    I have no idea. One might want to look at their clubs' balance sheets for a hint?

Source

More info, also with numbers pre-Covid: here.

No Newcastle’s a better night out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don’t have to be patronizing Raffe , it’s a poor trait.
    Sheikh Mansour ( not Abu Dhabi . This bit is pretty important ) paid £212 million for City in 2008 . Since then he has invested 1.8 billion in the infrastructure of the club including players, new training facilities and a huge spend on the surrounding areas. Even if you ignore the fact that he has since sold 25% of his holdings to a Chinese consortium and an American group for a handsome return on his initial outlay, the club is worth circa 4 billion . I’d imagine Abramovic has made similar amounts on his outlay . Not bad when you think about it.
    They are business men . They might not remember Bert Trautmann but they know how to make money .

You don’t have to be patronizing Raffe , it’s a poor trait.
    Sheikh Mansour ( not Abu Dhabi . This bit is pretty important ) paid £212 million for City in 2008 . Since then he has invested 1.8 billion in the infrastructure of the club including players, new training facilities and a huge spend on the surrounding areas. Even if you ignore the fact that he has since sold 25% of his holdings to a Chinese consortium and an American group for a handsome return on his initial outlay, the club is worth circa 4 billion . I’d imagine Abramovic has made similar amounts on his outlay . Not bad when you think about it.
    They are business men . They might not remember Bert Trautmann but they know how to make money .
    But that's exactly my point.

Foreign business people are pumping infinite amounts of money into these clubs in order to make money for themselves, how on the planet is this still the same club? It isn't. I honestly don't understand how fans can appreciate that happening to their clubs. You have me completely lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    But that's exactly my point.

Foreign business people are pumping infinite amounts of money into these clubs in order to make money for themselves, how on the planet is this still the same club? It isn't. I honestly don't understand how fans can appreciate that happening to their clubs. You have me completely lost.
    So , whilst everything around us moves on , football should stand still and stick to its roots ? How on earth does that make any sense? Does your displeasure to foreigners taking over English clubs extend to fans who choose to follow them too ? Because that’s not the same club either, surely ?

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    In regards to Newcastle I wonder who their first big statement signing al la Robinho will be. I think they could land Kane as interest may simmer down from the other big clubs.

I think it will be a few seasons of finishing in the top 4 before they can truly tempt the top talent of world football I don’t think you’d see M’bappe or Haland decide to sign for them just yet.

I also don’t think location will be an issue for them and if it is I don’t think it’s anything they cant surmount with a few more £ thrown in
    The elephant in the room is that NUFC need to get to the January transfer window in some sort of shape to attract the quality of players that the fans expect to sign for the club. Frankly, the takeover has occurred at the wrong time of the season.

There's nothing welcoming in, "Come to NUFC, we're stone-bottom & locked in a relegation battle for the rest of this season. It's possible that next season you can enjoy midweek matches in Hull, Blackburn, Luton & Reading instead of all that faff travelling to Paris, Munich, Barcelona & Rome for the CL. By the way, nobody'll respect you in the Championship & you'll get kicked from pillar to post: the upside is you'll never be fitter as it's all played at 100mph. The money's great though! Sign here..."
    ______

​Jim.

So , whilst everything around us moves on , football should stand still and stick to its roots ? How on earth does that make any sense? Does your displeasure to foreigners taking over English clubs extend to fans who choose to follow them too ? Because that’s not the same club either, surely ?
    Nothing ever stands still, but it's a farce that this is supposedly a sporting competition when it is indeed nothing but a game of biggest means.

I find the starting point of people owning clubs wrong. Next step it's done like in the US where the concept of relegation doesn't even exist (wasn't that the point of the Super League?).

Got nothing to do with fair competition. Imagine, you are a hard working club, developing the team one step at a time, growing slowly in strength until the poorly managed club from the next city is taken over by the murderous ruler of a country 3,000 miles away. There is simply no fairness, it's only about which club has the most potent backer and they'll buy their way to success, sell lots of team jerseys along the way and finally will have a valuation of 4 billion.

What does that have to do with sports?

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    The elephant in the room is that NUFC need to get to the January transfer window in some sort of shape to attract the quality of players that the fans expect to sign for the club. Frankly, the takeover has occurred at the wrong time of the season.

There's nothing welcoming in, "Come to NUFC, we're stone-bottom & locked in a relegation battle for the rest of this season. It's possible that next season you can enjoy midweek matches in Hull, Blackburn, Luton & Reading instead of all that faff travelling to Paris, Munich, Barcelona & Rome for the CL. By the way, nobody'll respect you in the Championship & you'll get kicked from pillar to post: the upside is you'll never be fitter as it's all played at 100mph. The money's great though! Sign here..."
    They dont need to do any of that, just sign the right players that are going to keep them up and consider an interim manager until the end of the season. Come the summer they can start a serious rebuild with a decent manager.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    They dont need to do any of that, just sign the right players that are going to keep them up and consider an interim manager until the end of the season. Come the summer they can start a serious rebuild with a decent manager.
    Agree this Season is dead it’s a matter of EPL survival then the rebuild next personally and no disrespect NUFC i would laugh like a drain if you got relegated
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

The good news for NUFC fans is it's a bit early to appoint Mourinhio, he's only just started at Roma so it'll be at least another year before he'll get the sack and become available.

...and consider an interim manager until the end of the season...
    Big Sam will be dubbining up his Stylo Matchmakers in anticipation of the call.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Big Sam will be dubbining up his Stylo Matchmakers in anticipation of the call.
    Big Sam Allardichi

Dont forget, if he had a different sounding name apparently he would be manager of Real Madrid

David Squire of the Guardian's weekly comic strip is all about NUFC -

https://www.theguardian.com/football...saudi-takeover
    ______

​Jim.

Premier League 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    In regards to Newcastle I wonder who their first big statement signing al la Robinho will be.
    Tubby ‘Kick, Head, Smooooke’ Brewster or Julio Geordio.

http://youtu.be/DGbZdrcqXA8

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 12th October 2021 at 18:18.

St Pauli blah blah blah

Adios Ole

Yep, up for a season down the next

Clown face emojis etc etc ….

Yep, up for a season down the next

Clown face emojis etc etc ….
    Since you are here, which part of Sankt Pauli's moral compass do you find questionable?

Is it the non-violence, the diversity, the sustainability, the ecology or their strictly anti-fascist, anti-racist, anti-discrimination and pro human rights ideology?

Since you are here, which part of Sankt Pauli's moral compass do you find questionable?

Is it the non-violence, the diversity, the sustainability, the ecology or their strictly anti-fascist, anti-racist, anti-discrimination and pro human rights ideology?
    Since I am here? It’s a thread about the premier league not the lower German leagues so perhaps you should ask yourself that question.

Since I am here? It’s a thread about the premier league not the lower German leagues so perhaps you should ask yourself that question.
    But you were the one saying that Sankt Pauli had "a very questionable moral compass and have milked their fans (and those who buy into the whole “Radical rebel”thing) dry".

Care to elaborate? I know that you are supporting a club with a long history of racism and xenophobia, so maybe you could elaborate what's wrong with Sankt Pauli's moral compass?

Back on topic, that was a fantastic goal that Mo Salah scored today.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Nearly as good Tielemans!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    He’s unreal so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Will be interesting to see how his contract is sorted out, couple more years at the club and he could be writing his name in club history as one of the greats.

I'm getting slightly concerned that we owe being top of the league to having probably the world's best goalkeeper.

Care to elaborate?
    Thought so.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    I'm getting slightly concerned that we owe being top of the league to having probably the world's best goalkeeper.
    £72 million for Kepa Arrizabalaga, wasn’t that a world record fee for a keeper? Ouch! I think Mendy cost “just” £18 million. He always seems to get overlooked when the conversation turns to the best current goalkeepers, but he’s definitely there or thereabouts.

The Save Our Ole campaign seems doomed at the minute.
    Might be nice for Liverpool to give it a boost next week .

Talksport was rampant last night with callers wanting Ole out, quite a few of them wanting Rodgers to replace him. Seems a bizarre choice.

Master
    Steve Bruce will likely be available soon. Replace one legend with another? Mind you, what exactly has Steve Bruce done wrong? He’s kept them in the top flight with little in the way of transfer funds.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Steve Bruce will likely be available soon. Replace one legend with another? Mind you, what exactly has Steve Bruce done wrong? He’s kept them in the top flight with little in the way of transfer funds.
    Being an ex-Sunderland manager he was never going to get off to the greatest start.

In Big Sam we Trust

Craftsman
    Now wouldn’t that be extra sweet, seem to remember we did a similar boost for the special one :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    He’s been unreal for the 5 years. He’s genuinely ridiculous and arguably the best player in the world.

He holds basically every attacking record in the prem now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    He’s been unreal for the 5 years. He’s genuinely ridiculous and arguably the best player in the world.

He holds basically every attacking record in the prem now.
    I thought it was a touch of genius for Klopp to say that Salah is the best player in the world. Are Liverpool not currently trying to get him to extend his contract? Salah can now say "the manager says I'm the best in the world so I trust you'll pay me as such" - what's that going to be, £500k/£1m pw??

Urgent appointment for Bruce at the Saudi Embassy I suspect

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just get Shelvey to do it. It's well-within his skillset...
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I thought it was a touch of genius for Klopp to say that Salah is the best player in the world. Are Liverpool not currently trying to get him to extend his contract? Salah can now say "the manager says I'm the best in the world so I trust you'll pay me as such" - what's that going to be, £500k/£1m pw??
    I think it’s a case of pay him 500k a week or sell him for 200m.

He equalled Droga’s record yesterday of 104 goals ( the most for an African player ).

But Salah did it in 89 games less!!!