closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 2157

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

So Spurs remain the only team not even Jose Mourinho could win a trophy with!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Jose showing his European pedigree once again tonight.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Jose showing his European pedigree once again tonight.
    Looks happier than any of the bigger trophies he won

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Fraudiola blowing it again in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Evening Ivan .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well onto the charity shield

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Well, given that we sacked him six days before a cup final I’d say that statement is a bit of a stretch.

Master
    FOREST back in the premier league :)

Great result for NFFC. Good to see them back in the top flight

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    So pleased. Its been too long
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Well onto the charity shield
    Contenders ready... whoever wins this, the quintet could be on.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Agreed. A big club that were considered too good to get relegated. Decades later they've earned their place back at the top flight.

I was in London today. LOTS of Forest shirts, from Liverpool Street to Covent Garden. Old fellas and kids, all singing happily (before the game). Don't remember seeing any red shirted women.

Billion fans turned up apparently.

The mighty reds are everywhere…Wear colours with pride.
    YNWA.

Trying to ban us out of Europe again by the looks of it.

No drama though, as you haven’t won a European pot since 1970…

Master
    Pleased for Forest - towards the end of the season they looked the best side in the Championship

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Too right, good to have another club with real big European trophy winning pedigree amongst us again.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good to see them back.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post

Any ban may suit Man City to be honest as at least they would have a legitimate excuse to have not won it already, despite the open chequebook of the past 14 years.

Master

Moron comment from someone sat at home.

The whole event was a shambles. Gangs everywhere causing murder. Police turning a blind eye.

Trying to provoke LFC fans, who were good as gold.

Out of our group we travel with we had a 65 year old woman knocked over by police and tear gassed, her phone stolen by a gang.

We had a my mates brother with special needs who is the biggest Red I know was tear gassed and knocked about

Me and my other mate who had tickets couldn't get into the ground and missed the whole first half. Ended up watching the 2nd half in a bar after being up by the ground for 4 hours in total trying to reason with incompetent stewards.

Around that ground was the moodiest place I have ever been in my life.

I'm sick of being treated like cattle when going to away games.

Supporters of other clubs should be supporting change in authorities behaviour rather than trying to point score.

All in all a shit experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post

The whole event was a shambles. Gangs everywhere causing murder. Police turning a blind eye.

Out of our group we travel with we had a 65 year old woman knocked over by police and tear gassed, her phone stolen by a gang.

We had a my mates brother with special needs who is the biggest Red I know was tear gassed and knocked about

Me and my other mate who had tickets couldn't get into the ground and missed the whole first half. Ended up watching the 2nd half in a bar after being up by the ground for 4 hours in total trying to reason with incompetent stewards.

Supporters of other clubs should be supporting change in authorities behaviour rather than trying to point score.

Sorry to hear that …Should be as good a day as you can get,win or lose.
    Disgraceful to be treated like that. However I can sense “blame” being apportioned.
    It’s always Liverpool, but to be fair, we follow reds through thick and thin

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Any ban may suit Man City to be honest as at least they would have a legitimate excuse to have not won it already, despite the open chequebook of the past 14 years.
    So LiVARpool got Mane, Salad and Van Dijk for free did they?

Pipe down.

Give me the league any day of the week than a trophy that’s based on finishing in the top 4 to qualify from the previous season.

I’ve been to many away games across the globe I know how it can be.

I also know a few people who where out there and they tell me a little different story to yours.

Pissed up Liverpool fans causing trouble didn’t help trying to gain entry with out tickets, your lot never learn.

But as always the British media will make out Liverpool supporters are the ones hard done by.

#alwaysavictim

Master
    I’ve been to many away games across the globe I know how it can be.

I also know a few people who where out there and they tell me a little different story to yours.

Pissed up Liverpool fans causing trouble didn’t help trying to gain entry with out tickets, your lot never learn.

But as always the British media will make out Liverpool supporters are the ones hard done by.

#alwaysavictim

I've been at games before where there were loads bunking in and this wasn't one of them.

There were big groups of locals storming the gates not Reds.

You are a city fan too, you can't have been to too many away games across the globe.

Your lot simply don't travel in the numbers we do either as you have such a small fanbase.

Any of your "friends" who have given an account at odds to mine were lying or you have just made them up.

We have a few wrongun fans like other clubs, This wasn't about that. This was a huge fuckup by UEFA\french police and could have caused deaths.

I'm an experienced football supporter in Europe, as a City fan you are just not.

I've been at games before where there were loads bunking in and this wasn't one of them.

There were big groups of locals storming the gates not Reds.

You are a city fan too, you can't have been to too many away games across the globe.

Your lot simply don't travel in the numbers we do either as you have such a small fanbase.

Any of your "friends" who have given an account at odds to mine were lying or you have just made them up.

We have a few wrongun fans like other clubs, This wasn't about that. This was a huge fuckup by UEFA\french police and could have caused deaths.

I'm an experienced football supporter in Europe, as a City fan you are just not.

Haha you really bit big time!

I didn’t realise you where ALL over the place watching every incident.

I’m happy with our SMALL support it makes no difference to me or any other City fan.

It’s a shame you have let the whole of English football down yet again with your vermin supporters. But nothing has changed since Heysel.

Always a Victim

Master

I’m happy with our SMALL support it makes no difference to me or any other City fan.

It’s a shame you have let the whole of English football down yet again with your vermin supporters. But nothing has changed since Heysel.

Always a Victim

I've bit have I? I wonder why.

My friends were gassed, my best mates mum was mugged and other fans were slashed.

Was deffo our fault though....

You are right, it's pointless engaging with people like you.

What an idiot you are.

Master
    Blog Entries
    So LiVARpool got Mane, Salad and Van Dijk for free did they?

Pipe down.

Give me the league any day of the week than a trophy that’s based on finishing in the top 4 to qualify from the previous season.

Are you 12?

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2021-22

Always a Victim

I take it back, are you 10?
    Last edited by Middo; 30th May 2022 at 12:58.

My job is done.

Master
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...e-cent-UK.html

So it's Priti Patels fault they have so many empty seats and not the clubs.
    Last edited by tango; 30th May 2022 at 13:16.

That’s handy, because it’s looking doubtful that City will ever win it.

52 years since your last European trophy, mind you it was only the cup winners cup, so only won the FA cup to gain entry.

My job is done…

There is definitely a few people in this thread not covering themselves in glory. I’m a City supporter that has been going for 54 of my 56 years. I also live in Liverpool and have done for the past 20 years. Some of the comments from supporters of both in this thread, and comments from others have been shameful. Speaking to a few people that were in Paris (including two people that had tickets and didn’t get into the ground) there were many factors at play. Poor organisation, hostile and aggressive policing, fake tickets everywhere, local gangs attacking people, and some fans trying to jib in.

My own view is that my own club were a few minutes away from being there and then I would have been there. I truly believe that if LFC and City had been playing there would have been real carnage as there would have been double the aggression and hostility from the Police and authorities. The match would have been hyped up like a war by the media and many would have bought into that.

I also believe that the way that the tribalism and nonsense is hyped up by the media is partly to blame for the way that LFC is viewed by other fans and this is leading to a real dislike of the club and some of the nonsense being spouted about LFC. When you have a media that is hyping up everything with slogans like “this means more”, pundits that openly state that LFC are “the best team in the world” despite them not winning the league or the champions league, you know a few have lost the plot. Some of the disrespect shown to other clubs, particularly by the wall to wall coverage and hype from Sky and BT makes some fans of other clubs a little tetchy to say the least. Talk to any rational red, and you will usually spend a good few hours debating the finer points of football. However, some have bought into “the best club in the world, best manager, best defender, best goal keeper, etc, etc. for me it shows the power of sport propaganda. It’s dangerous and will ultimately damage the sport that many of us love. Even some of my red mates were questioning some of the comments on Sky yesterday.

Last year there were two English teams in the final, yet there was a fraction of the hype. Yet to listen to the media “this means more” because it’s LFC, because LFC is “European Royalty”. I believe that this attitude throughout the media is actually making people that once admired LFC think there is an arrogance. Sure there may be one or two fans that buy into that arrogance, but most reds are humble and knowledgable fans.

Having a foot in both Cities, I can tell you with a degree of certainty that there are more similarities between scousers and mancs than most outsiders realise. Particularly when it comes to standing up for the oppressed and downtrodden. Campaigning for social equality and justice. Have a look at the relationship and support between the two clubs foodbank campaigns and you will get a surprise. It’s usually the plant pots from both clubs that live outside of the areas that show the greatest disrespect towards the clubs. By the way, anyone that spouts crap about LFC fans and deaths / Hillsborough needs to really have a good hard look at themselves in the mirror. Again, that could have been any team / set of fans and I am not sure that other cities (and it was the whole City) would have had the resilience and stamina to fight for the truth for the length of time that it took. There is banter and then there is being out of order. Some things are bigger than football and tribalism.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    There is definitely a few people in this thread not covering themselves in glory. I’m a City supporter that has been going for 54 of my 56 years. I also live in Liverpool and have done for the past 20 years. Some of the comments from supporters of both in this thread, and comments from others have been shameful. Speaking to a few people that were in Paris (including two people that had tickets and didn’t get into the ground) there were many factors at play. Poor organisation, hostile and aggressive policing, fake tickets everywhere, local gangs attacking people, and some fans trying to jib in.

My own view is that my own club were a few minutes away from being there and then I would have been there. I truly believe that if LFC and City had been playing there would have been real carnage as there would have been double the aggression and hostility from the Police and authorities. The match would have been hyped up like a war by the media and many would have bought into that.

I also believe that the way that the tribalism and nonsense is hyped up by the media is partly to blame for the way that LFC is viewed by other fans and this is leading to a real dislike of the club and some of the nonsense being spouted about LFC. When you have a media that is hyping up everything with slogans like “this means more”, pundits that openly state that LFC are “the best team in the world” despite them not winning the league or the champions league, you know a few have lost the plot. Some of the disrespect shown to other clubs, particularly by the wall to wall coverage and hype from Sky and BT makes some fans of other clubs a little tetchy to say the least. Talk to any rational red, and you will usually spend a good few hours debating the finer points of football. However, some have bought into “the best club in the world, best manager, best defender, best goal keeper, etc, etc. for me it shows the power of sport propaganda. It’s dangerous and will ultimately damage the sport that many of us love. Even some of my red mates were questioning some of the comments on Sky yesterday.

Last year there were two English teams in the final, yet there was a fraction of the hype. Yet to listen to the media “this means more” because it’s LFC, because LFC is “European Royalty”. I believe that this attitude throughout the media is actually making people that once admired LFC think there is an arrogance. Sure there may be one or two fans that buy into that arrogance, but most reds are humble and knowledgable fans.

Having a foot in both Cities, I can tell you with a degree of certainty that there are more similarities between scousers and mancs than most outsiders realise. Particularly when it comes to standing up for the oppressed and downtrodden. Campaigning for social equality and justice. Have a look at the relationship and support between the two clubs foodbank campaigns and you will get a surprise. It’s usually the plant pots from both clubs that live outside of the areas that show the greatest disrespect towards the clubs. By the way, anyone that spouts crap about LFC fans and deaths / Hillsborough needs to really have a good hard look at themselves in the mirror. Again, that could have been any team / set of fans and I am not sure that other cities (and it was the whole City) would have had the resilience and stamina to fight for the truth for the length of time that it took. There is banter and then there is being out of order. Some things are bigger than football and tribalism.

Hear hear.

I am all for a bit of banter so long as it remains within the parameters of friendly.

When it goes beyond that it becomes too personal and nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by deanlad View Post

52 years since your last European trophy, mind you it was only the cup winners cup, so only won the FA cup to gain entry.

My job is done…
    Again,

Non of that matters

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post

Good post.

I’m a scouser and I get in great with Manc’s. I’ve worked with them all my life and as you say we are basically the same people.

You lot just sound funny when you speak.

Guys seriously I meant no harm. I’ve re read what I’ve put and yeah I could have worded it differently.

I’m apologising to everyone I’ve offended.

Master
    Guys seriously I meant no harm. I’ve re read what I’ve put and yeah I could have worded it differently.

I’m apologising to everyone I’ve offended.

Well done that’s admirable, takes a decent man to state as much.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deanlad View Post

That’s the daft thing about the “Champions” League. You don’t have to be anywhere near the title to qualify. I remember it was noted that the Liverpool v Tottenham final was between two teams who, between them, hadn’t been champions for a combined 80 years!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    That’s the daft thing about the “Champions” League. You don’t have to be anywhere near the title to qualify. I remember it was noted that the Liverpool v Tottenham final was between two teams who, between them, hadn’t been champions for a combined 80 years!
    True unlike the European Cup of old.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Whilst true, they need the extra teams / established big teams from bigger leagues to get the numbers up and generate the £££

My personal preference would be the top 2 from the bigger leagues, and top 1 from the smaller leagues, but it would change the tournament completely

Perhaps a re-brand from Champions League to something like Super League would be more appropriate, but I think that term is somewhat tarnished :-)

Master
    The Liverpool side who beat AC in Istanbul is easily the worst side the ever win the Champions league.

Our starting line up was horrible in that game and AC’s was basically an all star line up.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The Liverpool side who beat AC in Istanbul is easily the worst side the ever win the Champions league.

Our starting line up was horrible in that game and AC’s was basically an all star line up.

And turned out to be the best final ever. :D

Looks like the Couthino money has finally run out and Liverpool will have to sell Mane to keep hold of the coveted net spend trophy .
    He will be a big loss to the league, a fantastic player ,

Journeyman
    City will walk the league by 12 points next season. Maybe 9 if Mane stays.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post

My personal preference would be the top 2 from the bigger leagues, and top 1 from the smaller leagues, but it would change the tournament completely
    It was more or less like that in the early years. Then UEFA expanded it to generate them more cash. It went to two clubs from the Premier League in 97/98 season with Man Utd and Newcastle competing.

One of the reasons the old UEFA Cup was difficult to win was it contained a lot of big hitters from around the main European Leagues rather than some of the minnows that got into the old European Cup as their champions

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Looks like the Couthino money has finally run out and Liverpool will have to sell Mane to keep hold of the coveted net spend trophy .
    He will be a big loss to the league, a fantastic player ,
    Him or Salah were always going to go in reality. It will be both of their last big contracts and they have both been superb for us.

The 30m fee being spoken about is daft though, I’d prefer to keep him another year and let him go on a free. I’d ask for 50 minimum and if no takers tell him he’s staying.

Him or Salah were always going to go in reality. It will be both of their last big contracts and they have both been superb for us.

The 30m fee being spoken about is daft though, I’d prefer to keep him another year and let him go on a free. I’d ask for 50 minimum and if no takers tell him he’s staying.

Not a chance FSG let him go for nothing . The debt is still huge and needs servicing. I can see them both going .

Master
    https://twitter.com/fcsm_eng/status/...3dykRGoIJLWVTQ

Bayerns pursuit of Mane has led to the above. I found it most amusing.

Master
    Blog Entries

Agree with this - 30-40 million for one of the top players in the Prem is a bit of a joke.

Would rather we had him next season and lose him for nothing rather then take these numbers being quoted