closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2021-22

Swapped my usual seat in The Shed at The Bridge with a mate yesterday and sat a few rows back behind the goal, watched Tyrone Ming's close up and very impressed, he's clearly learned a lot from JT (no sha99er jokes please ) and he's a real leader for Villa.
    It says a lot that despite a 3-0 win our best player was our keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Swapped my usual seat in The Shed at The Bridge with a mate yesterday and sat a few rows back behind the goal, watched Tyrone Ming's close up and very impressed, he's clearly learned a lot from JT (no sha99er jokes please ) and he's a real leader for Villa.
    It says a lot that despite a 3-0 win our best player was our keeper.
    He did give away the goal for 2-0 though which killed off Villa

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    He did give away the goal for 2-0 though which killed off Villa
    I missed off the bit about the goal but apart from that he's really grown into a class player. I think it was harsh that he was dropped in the Euros when Maguire got fit.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    I missed off the bit about the goal but apart from that he's really grown into a class player. I think it was harsh that he was dropped in the Euros when Maguire got fit.
    Yeah I agree he is a top player. I saw him play for AFC Bournemouth and thought he was going to be class then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    CFC is Celtic Football Club
    You mean Chelsea
    Since the thread is about the Premier League of course i meant Chelsea not some team in a second rate foreign league
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    United could get some real momentum going if the Ronaldo continues to slot and it’s keeps the energy up in the crowd.

City still got the best squad by miles but in my opinion should have went for Haaland. Time will tell if they are missing a proper 9.

Not looking good for Harvey Elliott.
    Looked like he was settling right in too and was going to have a good breakout season . Hoping for a good outcome for the lad .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Not looking good for Harvey Elliott.
    Looked like he was settling right in too and was going to have a good breakout season . Hoping for a good outcome for the lad .
    Honking injury, feel for him after putting the work in loans and getting into the starting line up.

I read that once he got to hospital he was put in a bed next to a young Liverpool fan who'd just broken his arm and Elliott gave the fan his shirt and boot. Lovely gesture and shows great strength of character

Master
    Blog Entries
    I read that once he got to hospital he was put in a bed next to a young Liverpool fan who'd just broken his arm and Elliott gave the fan his shirt and boot. Lovely gesture and shows great strength of character
    Top lad !

What’s going on here then, three goals in no time.

Come on you blue boys and 10 points, joint top…

Yes he did, pictures of the kid all over social media, suggestions are the injury may not be as "bad" as thought hopefully a full recovery for a player who was really coming on in the past few weeks.

Everton game today, from a really poor start where they looked lost to playing some cracking football.

On a side note, I have read that sky deliberately "add on" crowd noise to drown out stuff they dont like, anyone know if this is true?

Ultimately I think Ashley's reluctance to spend money will see us relegated again this season. Our best 11 is pretty decent and would be a shoe-in for a 10th - 12th place finish but that's everyone playing every minute of every game. We needed a striker as back up for Wilson as he suffers a lot of injuries but there wasn't any money available. Lascelles is a liability that we needed to replace but again....nothing.

The likes of Longstaff (both of them), Kendrick and others are not PL players. Bruce seems like a stand-up bloke but he's a tactical dinosaur. I feel for him because he got to manage his home town and boyhood club but never stood a chance while Ashley owns it.

Sorry times indeed....the last 14 years. Ashley out.

Like what? The game's in real time so how could they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post

On a side note, I have read that sky deliberately "add on" crowd noise to drown out stuff they dont like, anyone know if this is true?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Read it on a football forum, no idea which is why I asked..

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    What’s going on here then, three goals in no time.

Come on you blue boys and 10 points, joint top…
    It was a great burst of play. Such a strange feeling watching timely substitutions that have an impact at our place after the previous years.

...On a side note, I have read that sky deliberately "add on" crowd noise to drown out stuff they dont like, anyone know if this is true?
    It's certainly attempted/done when Sky cover certain Scottish teams. First lines of certain chants & songs are a trigger to turn down pitchside mikes & dub in generic crowd noise.

When there were no crowds, matches were broadcast in real-time with artificial crowd noise to mirror what was occurring in the game. It seemed to work pretty well then.
    Last edited by jwg663; 14th September 2021 at 10:49.
    ______

​Jim.

What on earth was Lingard thinking?!!?

What on earth was Lingard thinking?!!?
    Don’t you mean Wan-Bissaka?

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Don’t you mean Wan-Bissaka?
    No. Lingard did a backpass straight to the YB Centre Forward in the 95th minute and they scored the winner. Horrendous error

https://youtube.com/shorts/qJfZsCgZL5E?feature=share

No. Lingard did a backpass straight to the YB Centre Forward in the 95th minute and they scored the winner. Horrendous error
    Ah right, I didn’t watch it but Lingard wants to make it at United hence turning West Ham down, doubt that done him any favours..

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    It's certainly attempted/done when Sky cover certain Scottish teams. First lines of certain chants & songs are a trigger to turn down pitchside mikes & dub in generic crowd noise.
    It was a Scottish teams forum I read this, some of the crowd noise at the Everton game sounded a bit odd likewise the Leeds Liverpool game

Also live TV commentary is actually about 10 seconds delayed so they do have a chance to do something before it hits TV.

When will Man United realise the problem is the manager not the players?

Second in the league last season suggests he's not too bad! If they win the EPL this season a lot of people will be eating OGS-flavoured humble pie.

Second in the league last season suggests he's not too bad! If they win the EPL this season a lot of people will be eating OGS-flavoured humble pie.
    Knocked out of the champions league last season and lost a Europa league final. At least the Arsenal manager won a trophy.

Watching their game tonight that squad must be one of the most expensive in the league but if things go wrong its Pogba's fault, Fred's fault, the keepers fault....... seems to be never the managers fault.

I’m fairly sure Lingard’s howler wasn’t Ole’s fault…..

Knocked out of the champions league last season and lost a Europa league final. At least the Arsenal manager won a trophy.

Watching their game tonight that squad must be one of the most expensive in the league but if things go wrong its Pogba's fault, Fred's fault, the keepers fault....... seems to be never the managers fault.
    As far as managers go United have tried the icons since the Boss stepped down, I'll happily let OGS have a good run at it, he's doing okay in my book..

Master
    Also live TV commentary is actually about 10 seconds delayed so they do have a chance to do something before it hits TV.
    I think its more than that.
    At the end of the game, the cameras follow the players for a minute or two, then cut back to the commentating panel at the stadium. At this point the stadium seats in the background are quite empty, which leads me to believe the delay is a minute or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not great for Southampton, no wins in 5 and they really should have put Man City away today. Missing Ings up front.

Not great for Southampton, no wins in 5 and they really should have put Man City away today. Missing Ings up front.
    To be fair , their support has gone up a notch or two .
    Any ideas why ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Konate looked allright today

To be fair , their support has gone up a notch or two .
    Any ideas why ?
    Don't know but at least the Saints manager doesn't need to tell the fans to support the team properly.

Don't know but at least the Saints manager doesn't need to tell the fans to support the team properly.
    Did you actually just type that ?

Zonal marking, don’t get it. Never seen a penalty spot or the edge of the 6 yard box score a goal, but the forwards from the other team just might.

Everton are crap tonight, don’t think we’ve had a shot yet. It’s enough to make you turn over to Strictly Come Dancing

Did you actually just type that ?
    He did.

City were abysmal today. Utterly dreadful. I'm clinging to the hope that they emerge as per last season. We were horrendous until Chelsea away when they rose Lazarus like and stormed it. Not sure it'll happen again, we look ropey. Bad day, very poor.

A touching tribute to the great Jimmy Greaves before the match.
    A pity none of our 3 goals were scored by a striker.

Not a great first 45mins from us and we looked very off pace but although Spuds kept attacking I don't remember that they actually created many clear chances.
    2nd half it's the Chelsea I know and love, 0-3 but still wasteful in front of goal. Could have scored 4 or 5.

Good to see Ronnie stacking em up again, should have had at least one of those penalty calls..

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Good to see Ronnie stacking em up again, should have had at least one of those penalty calls..
    The last one was a penalty (IMHO), the others less so. Perhaps he might have got the last one if it wasn’t for them!

Blog Entries
    Well deserved win today for City…

z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    We underperformed against City but let’s not forget they are a reasonable team but a least the other part of Manchester had a really bad day at the office so Brentford just remember every other team expects you to do your duty this evening.

Strange team from Tuchel . Invited City on with his very defensive setup.
    City were excellent and fully deserved the win . Rodri had his best game since he signed.
    Question for the Chelsea fans .
    What’s with the booing of Grealish ?

Brutal by Man City today. Totally bossed that and sent out a Gandalf- Style 'YOU WILL NOT PASS' message to the rest of the prem.

No idea how Farke remains in a job. Norwich are garbage and supposedly this year was going to be 'different' as they have learned. Well they've lost 6 on the bounce and 15 on the bounce at the end of last time they were in the prem. No excuse on budgets either - look at what Brighton and Brentford are doing. Surely they could get Eddie Howe in there?

The Brentford game is showing why Liverpool won't be champions. Too weak at the back.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 25th September 2021 at 19:25.

Blog Entries
    Great result and performance from the Arsenal, Spurs we’re poor so now Arteta is manager of the Month, Nuno is ready for the elbow and Ryan is back as a supporter
    Bottom line just a game between two middle table teams.

Thrilling game between Leeds and West Ham.

Leeds looking very good in the first half and went in 1-0 up.

All West Ham in the second half and Antonio's finish was superb.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Arsenal going nuts about the win but that was about as poor a Spurs side in the 1st half as you'd ever see. Even Norwich would have done them.

Master
    How Milner escaped a red is totally baffling, ref bottled it. Good game though, some cracking goals.

Arsenal going nuts about the win but that was about as poor a Spurs side in the 1st half as you'd ever see. Even Norwich would have done them.
    We were rubbish for one half of one game. We dominated the second half, as we did the first half against Chelsea. Now we've convincingly beaten a strong Villa side so hopefully out of our mini-slump.

What Spurs need, as always, is more consistency - and a full squad to choose from. Our new signings are all looking strong, so I'm hopeful for a decent season once things settle down and Nuno spends some time with the whole of the squad. Mind you, we're heading into yet another international break so who knows what's around the corner

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    How Milner escaped a red is totally baffling, ref bottled it. Good game though, some cracking goals.
    Easily a 2nd yellow, Bernardo landed directly on his head, surprised he didn’t break his neck.

Foden terrorised Milner. He’s been fantastic for Liverpool but she gets us all and he now looks like he’s slowed down dramatically and for me should be league cup or in for injuries.

For once it was a great game, Liverpool started brightly then after 15 mins to half time it was total domination by city.

2nd half Liverpool then had the upper hand and it turned into a decent attacking game and great to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Easily a 2nd yellow, Bernardo landed directly on his head, surprised he didn’t break his neck.

Foden terrorised Milner. He’s been fantastic for Liverpool but she gets us all and he now looks like he’s slowed down dramatically and for me should be league cup or in for injuries.

For once it was a great game, Liverpool started brightly then after 15 mins to half time it was total domination by city.

2nd half Liverpool then had the upper hand and it turned into a decent attacking game and great to watch.
    Even as a City fan that goal of Salah’s was stunning and that clearance from Rodri was superb.

First time I’ve ever seen De Bruyne on the pitch struggling to keep up towards the end. Foden was outstanding and Bernardo Silva has to be the most underrated player in the PL.

Going to be a great title race this season.
    Last edited by sevvy; 4th October 2021 at 11:25.