closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Possible Banksy in Lowestoft.

Hybrid View

Possible Banksy in Lowestoft.

Appeared overnight in Nicholas Everitt Park, Oulton Broad.

I very much doubt that it's by him, but it does look very similar to his work.

I think he would have posted a pic of it on his Instagram if it was him.

Doesn't look like a Banksy to me...similar but something missing.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Banksy or not I'm always amazed at how talented some people are to be able to create something like that on a wall outside.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Banksy or not I'm always amazed at how talented some people are to be able to create something like that on a wall outside.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I’m not sure it’s the execution that’s difficult at all, more the original idea.

The interest in Banksy has always intrigued me, it’s like the middle classes suddenly thought street art was cool and he was most accessible. Graffiti has such a rich history but the typical Banksy fan doesn’t seem interested.

Perhaps another case of middle classes enjoying the work of another fellow middle class person?

There does seem to be a lot of double standards around Banksy. If some random scrote tags a wall, people bemoan the senseless vandalism, the police charge him and the council clean the wall. But if Banksy tags a wall, people wax lyrical about how wonderful it is, the police do nothing and the council put up a protection order. Criminal damage is apparently only a crime if Sotheby’s aren’t interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    There does seem to be a lot of double standards around Banksy. If some random scrote tags a wall, people bemoan the senseless vandalism, the police charge him and the council clean the wall. But if Banksy tags a wall, people wax lyrical about how wonderful it is, the police do nothing and the council put up a protection order. Criminal damage is apparently only a crime if Sotheby’s aren’t interested.
    As someone who generally hates graffiti (Daz woz ere and Millwall for the cup) and the mindless crap that adorns so many places, Banksy's stuff seems thought provoking and carries a message that even an idiot like me finds accessible, whether the work in Lowestoft is his or not matters little to a philistine like me, but hats off to the person with the imagination and skill to do it.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

imo theres little 'talent' involved as these are done just using stencils - however the 'messages' they send make them interesting.
    its been put out there many times that banksy just copied the style of a french street artist called blek le rat.

That image has significant deeper meaning and the location lends so much to the image.
    If not Banksey, then a well educated and thoughtful artist.
    Very consistent with his balloon image and bicycle flat tyre compositions.
    Wait out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    And others by the looks buddy

Pitch

Master
    Excellent work whoever the artist is.
    The Rashford one that got vandalised & then fixed was amazing detail.