closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Possible Banksy in Lowestoft.

Possible Banksy in Lowestoft.

Appeared overnight in Nicholas Everitt Park, Oulton Broad.

I very much doubt that it's by him, but it does look very similar to his work.

I think he would have posted a pic of it on his Instagram if it was him.

Doesn't look like a Banksy to me...similar but something missing.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Banksy or not I'm always amazed at how talented some people are to be able to create something like that on a wall outside.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That image has significant deeper meaning and the location lends so much to the image.
    If not Banksey, then a well educated and thoughtful artist.
    Very consistent with his balloon image and bicycle flat tyre compositions.
    Wait out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    And others by the looks buddy

Pitch

Master
    Excellent work whoever the artist is.
    The Rashford one that got vandalised & then fixed was amazing detail.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Banksy or not I'm always amazed at how talented some people are to be able to create something like that on a wall outside.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I’m not sure it’s the execution that’s difficult at all, more the original idea.

The interest in Banksy has always intrigued me, it’s like the middle classes suddenly thought street art was cool and he was most accessible. Graffiti has such a rich history but the typical Banksy fan doesn’t seem interested.

Perhaps another case of middle classes enjoying the work of another fellow middle class person?

There does seem to be a lot of double standards around Banksy. If some random scrote tags a wall, people bemoan the senseless vandalism, the police charge him and the council clean the wall. But if Banksy tags a wall, people wax lyrical about how wonderful it is, the police do nothing and the council put up a protection order. Criminal damage is apparently only a crime if Sotheby’s aren’t interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    There does seem to be a lot of double standards around Banksy. If some random scrote tags a wall, people bemoan the senseless vandalism, the police charge him and the council clean the wall. But if Banksy tags a wall, people wax lyrical about how wonderful it is, the police do nothing and the council put up a protection order. Criminal damage is apparently only a crime if Sotheby’s aren’t interested.
    As someone who generally hates graffiti (Daz woz ere and Millwall for the cup) and the mindless crap that adorns so many places, Banksy's stuff seems thought provoking and carries a message that even an idiot like me finds accessible, whether the work in Lowestoft is his or not matters little to a philistine like me, but hats off to the person with the imagination and skill to do it.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

imo theres little 'talent' involved as these are done just using stencils - however the 'messages' they send make them interesting.
    its been put out there many times that banksy just copied the style of a french street artist called blek le rat.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    imo theres little 'talent' involved as these are done just using stencils - however the 'messages' they send make them interesting.
    its been put out there many times that banksy just copied the style of a french street artist called blek le rat.
    Fair points, I didn't realise that stencils were used and I'd never heard of Blek le Rat

After a quick blek le rat image search this seems to be very plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    After a quick blek le rat image search this seems to be very plausible.
    as i said its been known about for many many years about the blek /bansky connection , years ago i used to run an art group and got asked many times about bansky's work , i used to print stencils off and give them to ppl to cut out using a scalpel , most artists using this style use cardboard boxes to make the stencils - once they make some money (if they can) they will usually switch to a vinyl cutter to make them, to do other work in the same style you use a photo program like photoshop to augment either light or shadow and print off the overlays to transfer to cardboard.

*blek le rats work comes up more regular at auction and is alot more affordable (well compared to banksys artwork its more affordable:) )
    Last edited by pugster; 9th August 2021 at 10:12.

It could be, not too far from Great Yarmouth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-58143164

Blog Entries
    Just amazing how they just 'popped up'. The seagull one is just nuts it is on a major junction in the town.

I ran via the park in Oulton Broad yesterday and the 'we're all in the same boat' one on the bridge is fantastic.

Pitch

I'm a bit suspicious about the one in the model village, considering it was a whole new model house (that perfectly matches the existing houses) that appeared overnight. I think the manager of the village did that one.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Fair points, I didn't realise that stencils were used and I'd never heard of Blek le Rat

Isn't that like saying "It's only screen printing or a woodcut"? The original art still needs to be created, and the stencils need to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I'm a bit suspicious about the one in the model village, considering it was a whole new model house (that perfectly matches the existing houses) that appeared overnight. I think the manager of the village did that one.

Isn't that like saying "It's only screen printing or a woodcut"? The original art still needs to be created, and the stencils need to be made.
    That's not really what I meant, I was merely saying that I didn't realise that's how they were done, it goes a long way to explaining how they appear "over night".

On the local news, they had a witness who saw the bridge one being done. I say 'saw', as he said he noticed some men in high-vis jackets working there, but didn't pay any attention to what they were doing.

Master
    I recently did a Banksy "tour" of Bristol. Huge disappointment, as aside from many being removed to sell at a profit, those left are now either showing their age or have been vandalised. A real shame, but I guess they have been there a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post

yes i guess it is like saying that , however as ive made them myself and shown other people how to do it i know making a stencil is not difficult unless you have problems controlling a craft knife / pair of scissors and a rattle can.

you are basically using a multi layered silhouette , the graphics used wont always be 'original' and often are not , theres a big differnce in skill level between cutting out bits of cardboard around an image you have printed off and carving with woodworking tools to a decent level.

. ..i dont class work like tracy emins bed of her own filth to be a difficult form of 'art' to recreate either.

banksys work does exactly what he wants it to do - create a talking point, that doesnt mean its a particular 'difficult' form of artwork -it doesnt have to be to get the point accross.

this is what i call 'skilled' airbrush work - cory saint clair
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhkDa9QJyQ0
    Last edited by pugster; 11th August 2021 at 15:00.

Blog Entries
    And confirmed

Absolutely love this Video Paul.

Must of watched it over a dozen times now!!

I'm starting to think that WDC must have commissioned Bansky to do the work..

(I really hope that they didn't, but feel that they must have.)

I'm sure the new artwork will create a great tourism boost for both town's.

Thanks again for sharing Paul, absolutely brilliant!

TC.

Blog Entries
    I must admit the whole council thing did cross my mind buddy.

The one on the park is just the best, so clever. It does make you think how big is his team to scope the whole thing out and execute.

"Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

And somebody has now rollered over the reclining rat one with white paint…