closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Messi leaving Barca

Messi leaving Barca

He's going to Spurs so Man City can buy Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    that'd be a dream aha

Thought La Liga had sorted out a new TV deal giving away 10% with clubs like Barcelona receiving 200 million-odd euros

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    He’s going to Man City to partner Kane 😂

Should have called this thread ‘would you pay over the top for an ageing striker’.

PSG or City? Can City afford Grealish, Kane and Messi. They have become the new Real Madrid - every top footballer in the world is on their way to City

Is he actually on 2million a week?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    £2.1 million, with all the image rights, etc. thrown in. Crazy!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    100m a year yeah

I’d planned to go see him play this season, I hope he doesn’t go to China or the US as that will scupper my plan

Reading on a football forum is this something to do with the so called super league and a wage cap?

Sorry all this greed gets a bit confusing

Hopefully Ryan Reynolds can persuade him to join Wrexham

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Should have called this thread ‘would you pay over the top for an ageing striker’.

PSG or City? Can City afford Grealish, Kane and Messi. They have become the new Real Madrid - every top footballer in the world is on their way to City
    Correct they’ll just do the cheat sponsorship again and again.

Master
    Grealish gone to City for 100m so that’s one option gone. PSG or remain at Barca is my feeling

City can’t actually afford any of them. The owners can by sponsoring themselves at over inflated sponsorship deals.

This. I feel he’ll go to PSG so he can free-wheel all season and be as fresh as possible foe the WC that’s only 15 months away.

Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    City can’t actually afford any of them. The owners can by sponsoring themselves at over inflated sponsorship deals.

Plenty of piss boiling by fans of the usual suspects 😂😂😂

Bookies have it odds on he’s going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messi delivers season in season out. Don’t see the same comments about Ronaldo.

if I was the City board I’d dump paying £150m for Kane, see Haaland as future signing in couple of years, use Kane transfer fee to pay Messi’s salary on 2 year contract. The increase in worldwide merchandise sales would be huge for City. Plus it would give all the other clubs fans the chance to say Guardiola only wins the CL with Messi

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post

if I was the City board I’d dump paying £150m for Kane, see Haaland as future signing in couple of years, use Kane transfer fee to pay Messi’s salary on 2 year contract. The increase in worldwide merchandise sales would be huge for City. Plus it would give all the other clubs fans the chance to say Guardiola only wins the CL with Messi
    The problem with this scenario is that City were talking to Kane last year and he was willing to come . City held off because Messi was intimating that he would be open to a move when he was really just using the club to secure a better deal at Barca . This is the second time he’s done this . I just can’t see City’s board approving the approach when Kane has literally gone on strike trying to force a deal .

I’d be happy with either of them but I demand both .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I’d be happy with either of them but I demand both .
    Lol. You can take Shaqiri off our hands as well while you’re at it.

Surprised Ings went to Villa. It is hardly much of a step up from Southampton and surely he could have gone to a bigger side? Particularly as Grealish has gone - Villa will struggle to get top half. He'd have walked into Arsenal, Spurs (assuming Kane goes) and Chelsea's teams so the choice is surprising
    Last edited by ryanb741; 5th August 2021 at 23:29.

Master
    Whoever he goes to wont see the best of him.
    Best English team as a fit would be Liverpool or Man Utd but I think moving will rip his heart out.

Master
    I suspect this is Barca's way of making La Liga lift their restrictions so that Messi can stay. Losing Messi is bad news for La Liga, not just Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Whoever he goes to wont see the best of him.
    Best English team as a fit would be Liverpool or Man Utd but I think moving will rip his heart out.
    Not a chance in hell Liverpool would pay those wages

Master
    Not saying they would
    Just mean more the type of club and playing style.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Are you serious?? I prefer Messi over Ronaldo by a fair stretch, but that’s just clearly not true

Ronaldo has been a goal scoring machine since ‘07, as has Messi

Blog Entries
    Reckon MLS possibly with Beckham in Florida where Spanish is not a problem, weather is great and the South American/ Spanish culture would suit him.Middle of Winter away at the “toon”
    Ryan i would have been happy to see Ings at Chelsea got to be better than that waste of space Werner and as to Lakaku all he is good for is carrying tourists in Santorini
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Are you serious?? I prefer Messi over Ronaldo by a fair stretch, but that’s just clearly not true

Ronaldo has been a goal scoring machine since ‘07, as has Messi
    Sorry I was referring to the “ageing striker” comment and relating that to Ronaldo, not Ronaldo’s achievements.

Messi is 34 and will still give a club at least 2 years of world class football.

Craftsman
    Most likely a million a week hope it's not united tbh

Sent from my VOG-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Surprised Ings went to Villa. It is hardly much of a step up from Southampton and surely he could have gone to a bigger side? Particularly as Grealish has gone - Villa will struggle to get top half. He'd have walked into Arsenal, Spurs (assuming Kane goes) and Chelsea's teams so the choice is surprising
    I'd have been reasonably happy (albeit nowhere near delighted) with Ings if we were to lose Kane. Guaranteed goal scorer in a poor side, let alone a side with more chance of giving him decent service.

Quote Originally Posted by UMBROSUS View Post
    Most likely a million a week hope it's not united tbh

Might be good value for the team if they can flog £100m of Messi Merch a year, plus extract some additional money from extended cup runs, etc.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Might be good value for the team if they can flog £100m of Messi Merch a year, plus extract some additional money from extended cup runs, etc.
    Mabe but another president when we try no renegotiate the next renewal this type of stupidity needs knocking on the head. Along with the watch flippers as well.

Blog Entries
    He’s coming to Leicester isn’t he?

Have I missed something blindingly obvious? Why can't Barca and Messi agree to void the contract he signed and then agree a new one that Barca can afford?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Have I missed something blindingly obvious? Why can't Barca and Messi agree to void the contract he signed and then agree a new one that Barca can afford?
    Messi offered to take 50% pay cut but Laporta is saying even this isn’t enough to meet their spending cap set by La Liga… strange given that Messi said they’d reached an agreement. It’s either let Messi go or let multiple players go. They still can’t even register Aguero.

Barca and La Liga only have themselves to blame. Barca are €1bn in debt and should never have given Messi the contract he had added to the transfer fees and salaries for Coutinho and Griezman etc. But Tebas has to shoulder some responsibility. His spending cap hasn’t changed the marketability of La Liga…. it’s still between Barca and the two Madrids for the title. Yet he has the nerve to spout off about other clubs and leagues outside La Liga yet bizarrely has just been appointed onto a UEFA EXCO. Now he’s lost his main asset.

Sorry I was referring to the “ageing striker” comment and relating that to Ronaldo, not Ronaldo’s achievements.

Messi is 34 and will still give a club at least 2 years of world class football.
    No chance in the PL. He would struggle with the quality of the teams in the PL, and because of that he wont come. He will head to PSG for the easy life playing second class opposition most weeks.

Master
    Done deal to PSG breaking on BBC

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Done deal to PSG breaking on BBC
    And he wore a RG YM40 on Oysterflex to sign the contract.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    How many 100's of millions does he actually need in the bank, its time for him to show some love for the club, the city and the country that has been his home for so long rather than his bank balance.

Crocodile tears

Master

Messi leaving Barca

Quote Originally Posted by catflem View Post
    How many 100's of millions does he actually need in the bank, its time for him to show some love for the club, the city and the country that has been his home for so long rather than his bank balance.

Crocodile tears
    He can’t lower heis salary more than 50% from previous years salary.

Spanish footballers labour agreement law prohibits it.
    Last edited by EJL25; 10th August 2021 at 17:54.

Master
    He could not have stayed even if he wanted to, it's against Spanish employment law to take more than a 50% pay cut, and Barca's debt is such that they need much more than that off the books.

Only Messi will know if he's really upset to be leaving, but I don't think wages came into it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post

I did not know this so I withdraw some of my previous ill informed comment. However, I believe he was trying to force a move away from Barca last year, but was "forced" to stay against his will. Which is rather at odds with his tearful performance of a couple of days ago.

I do not follow football as closely as I used to as the greed within the game appals me - the sooner the game goes bankrupt and has to re-invent itself the better as far as I am concerned.
    Last edited by catflem; 10th August 2021 at 18:56.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wonder if Barca will follow suit.

Real Madrid launch lawsuits against La Liga president Javier Tebas https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58163731

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post

Could he not have lowered his wages to say 600k a week then? I know it’s taking food out of his mouth and it might be a bit of a struggle for him but still….

It's all BS

Labour law wouldn't affect him he's a free agent, what he was on last year is irrelevant as that was a different contract, this is pure greed

To be honest, it's a real result for Barca, they get 100m a year off the books for a aging star and appease the fans by blaming la Liga

Qatar now have the poster boy for the world cup

Everyone's a winner

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I saw an article reporting that Barcelona are currently 1.18b in debt and that the wage bill was 110% of its annual income. With Messi leaving this reduced to only 103% of income.

A better business model, but less than ideal.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche