closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nissan Pathfinder

Craftsman

Nissan Pathfinder

I'm looking to upsize our family car as camping trips are a bit if a squeeze in out mk7 golf estate.
    We are looking for a used SUV with a big boot, preferably 4x4 and 7 seats at £6k tops.
    The Nissan Pathfinder ticks all these boxes so was wondering if anyone has any experience with one? Or can suggest a better alternative.
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swisstony View Post
    Thank you

Blog Entries
    I've read that old thread. Some issues but certainly less than when it comes to owning a Defender. I love the 'box' shape of the Pathfinder. Sadly, too expensive here due to insane road tax on heavy diesels.

Shogun Lwb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Shogun Lwb
    Rusty $h1tboxes !!

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I'm looking to upsize our family car as camping trips are a bit if a squeeze in out mk7 golf estate.
    We are looking for a used SUV with a big boot, preferably 4x4 and 7 seats at £6k tops.
    The Nissan Pathfinder ticks all these boxes so was wondering if anyone has any experience with one? Or can suggest a better alternative.
    Cheers

Hi,
    I ran one as a company car from 2010 to 2013.
    It was big, fun to drive and a great load carrier with some creature comforts. It was however let down by the basic nature of equipment and build quality inside (it was the top of the range Tekna)
    As an example, it did have folding mirrors but you have to press a button, they won't auto fold when locking. The rear camera was quite low resolution and not clear. The seats didn't have memory, meaning that it took AGES to adjust the seat back to my driving position after the wife had been driving it. The door pockets are really slim and not particularly useful. The Sat Nav was absolutely sh*te. Most of the trim inside is plastic and quite fragile (most of mine cracked or chipped).

Having said that I would have another but only as a workhorse, not as my main vehicle - too many compromises for me.

Hope that helps,

Si.

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had one for a couple of years. Stupidly sold it as I’d love to get it back.

The term ‘poor man’s Discovery’ is a little harsh but don’t expect class leading refinement - its pick up based after all.

Mine was an 07 ‘Adventura’ spec so loads of options. Boot is decent - even with all seven seats up, something the Disco can’t claim.

My only real gripe is that the seats weren’t very comfy without much in the way of lumbar support. I’d have no problem buying another.

By way of an alternative, the XC90 is a capable barge with a decent sized boot too, although not quite Nissan’s level.

Last edited by Dave O'Sullivan; 9th August 2021 at 11:54.