closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BMW 330e any owners ?

BMW 330e any owners ?

Friend of mine toying with a phev
    I’m not overly keen (my i3 Rex is imo much better fir the cost savings)
    But each to their own
    How easy is it to achieve running the electric “bit” - and it is only a “bit” imo

That’s the drawback with these vehicles as I see it
    But it may scrape a one way on the commute then charge at work
    Juice for the long runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a 530e fairly recently prior to changing jobs, it had an electric range of about 30 miles, my commute was a mix of motorway and urban so I could charge while cruising on motorway and run full electric on urban. Did try charging from mains once at my house, but took overnight and was a pain in the a**e with running cables so didn’t bother thereafter. BIK tax was excellent however, as was drive, probably the best blend of ride, handling, performance and refinement I’ve had in any car I’ve owned. The boot space did suck however so I’d imagine 330e would be worse.
    Last edited by MattMM; 3rd August 2021 at 14:05.

Master
    Blog Entries
    One drawback for me was the boot. It was tiny.

Boot space not an issue

I run one.

Depends on the year, and the time of the year. I get around 14-18 miles on a charge (which includes lots of up hills on my commute) in summer and around 10 miles in winter. That's with the older 7.6KW motor. The current/new model has a lot greater range The petrol engine is easily remapped if that's a consideration and means you can have more torque than an M3/M4, but not really the point as a commuter, and the extra weight from the battery doesn't lend itself too readily to high speeds cornering. I'm probably about the perfect user as the range fits perfectly into my usual commute, and I have other cars to use if I want something more spirited. The interior seems more roomy to me than my old 525, but I have only been in the back once. The boot easily fits my full weekly/bi-weekly shop, with a lot of room to spare.

I'm just on my third tank of fuel this year and have been commuting weekly and then using the car for longer journey's at the weekend, which has required the petrol cutting in. You can select all electric, all petrol (and energy saving/regeneration) SAVE BATTERY, or a mode that lets the car choose between the two AUTO eDRIVE. I'm mostly in all electric MAX eDRIVE.

Over the last 3,000 miles I am averaging over 99.9mpg - possibly a lot more, but the on car computer only registers up to that, and I have deleted the APP for now.

I was enjoying the cabin preheating each morning in winter, but have disabled it for the summer.

Recharging is less than 3 hours (on a standard 3 pin), which I do each night on cheaper rate electric, as the car lets you choose the times to start/finish charging. You can use a faster charger, but I understand that it's not that much faster, and as I only recharge after 1:00am, it would make very little difference to me and my usage.

I should add that ...

I have on numerous occasions forgot to plug the bloody thing in, and have been very grateful that I didn't move over to a full electric and could therefore drive it perfectly fine as a normal car on those days - so I see that as a great benefit.

Oh, and I love the the ZF 8 speed box, it's about the nicest full auto I have ever experienced.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 3rd August 2021 at 14:45.
    It's just a matter of time...

I've had the latest G20 330e since Dec 2019 and very impressed with it as a daily driver. I have a fully expensed fuel card so only drive it in Sport mode as that way it maintains the battery level for extraboost and when I want to "climatise" the car remotely. When I first got the car I was seeing around 30 miles of pure electric but I suspect it's learnt my driving habits and now only gets 14 miles. I only plug it in when I don't have to pay for charging and never drive in full electric mode.

The only reason I chose it were the tax benefits as a company car but it's actually comfortable, pretty quick and well equipped.

Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

This is great reading guys keep it coming

Master
    A few colleagues have the new 330e M sports and the feedback is excellent. I would have taken one as a company car but the company car scheme at my new employer is no longer available to new starters!

Master
    I had one on lease for the last 3 years, just taken the plunge and gone fully electric with an Etron Sportsback

Loved the 330e, used to get about 18 miles on a charge, cost around £1 per charge, I didnt have a proper charger then as it was before the scheme started and used to charge it off a 3 pin plug. its still a proper BMW, well spec'd with good performance, sports mode is fun when the mood takes.

Mine had a problem with the charger plug overheating and melting, this was later subject to a national recall