closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hair transplant

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    ... This is inevitable for me sadly so I've been following with interest. ...
    Doesn't have to be inevitable though. Baldness can be a great look - check out Vin, Dwayne, Terry or indeed Hitman 47 (it helps to be ripped and look like a mean f*cker, or constantly suck lollipops). I agree it can also look not so good ...

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Doesn't have to be inevitable though. Baldness can be a great look - check out Vin, Dwayne, Terry or indeed Hitman 47 (it helps to be ripped and look like a mean f*cker, or constantly suck lollipops). I agree it can also look not so good ...
    I'm more Barry from EastEnders or that guy from The Office US so it's definitely inevitable for me!

Master
    I thoroughly researched it following help from Michael. I’ve decided through lockdown and having a 0.5 grade shaved head to stick with it.

Quick trim twice a week, and once I get beach body ready (haha still waiting for that!) then I’d look like Jason Statham. Well maybe on a good day with a tail wind and a very blind panel of judges!

Continue to be amazed how much colder my head is now though. I know they say about how much is lost from the head, but until I had a shaved head I’d always taken it with a small pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I thoroughly researched it following help from Michael. I’ve decided through lockdown and having a 0.5 grade shaved head to stick with it.

Quick trim twice a week, and once I get beach body ready (haha still waiting for that!) then I’d look like Jason Statham. Well maybe on a good day with a tail wind and a very blind panel of judges!

Continue to be amazed how much colder my head is now though. I know they say about how much is lost from the head, but until I had a shaved head I’d always taken it with a small pinch of salt.
    Agreed, you really do feel the cold with a shaved head. I’d love to get it all permanently removed so I don’t have to shave twice a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Agreed, you really do feel the cold with a shaved head. I’d love to get it all permanently removed so I don’t have to shave twice a week

I’d happily pay for 0.5 all over and never growing.

Glad someone else appreciates the cold feeling.

Blog Entries

Hair transplant

Thanks guys for the comments. Hopefully this is a resource if people are considering a transplant and happy to answer questions by pm.

My issue wasn’t vanity it was just that I hated my hairline and well worth the money. For those who have asked by pm I am happy to share the total was about £12.6 K for three mega sessions. I would never consider going abroad just not me although prices are considerably cheaper.

Also from pms 4,560 grafts and 13,950 hairs transplanted. Apparently I was lucky in that my average hair / per graft ratio was on the high side

Last edited by MFB Scotland; 30th September 2022 at 08:18.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    €5.5k would seem a fair charge :-)
    Before (actually June 2019, when I first started thinking about getting it done)

Currently:

Quote Originally Posted by Barchettaman View Post
    Before (actually June 2019, when I first started thinking about getting it done)

Currently:

But did it just get longer since our is it also substantially thicker? Can't really see with the length difference

Blog Entries

Hair transplant

So last update post from me. Nearly 10 months since my third session so probably final result

Last edited by MFB Scotland; 21st January 2023 at 10:32.

What a difference !!

Your jacket collar has been a success too !
    Last edited by blackal; 21st January 2023 at 10:42.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    What a difference !!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    What a difference !!

Ralph Lauren? Some nice design details on that coat
    Oh and I needed a hair transplant about 35yrs ago so no going back now but good to see decent results!

That’s a pretty amazing, and surprising result.

Ive always thought that if I started to thin excessively I’d just get on with it and maybe just have a very close cut, but that result looks great. Hopefully I won’t have to consider it, but it opens up options.

Thanks for pointing the update!
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 21st January 2023 at 15:18.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Wow! That looks very natural.

I have the opposite problem; have to get mine cut every 2.5 weeks otherwise I look like a cross between a 70s detective and Captain Caveman.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    So last update post from me. Nearly 10 months since my third session so probably final result

It looks great. Well done.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just picked up on this Michael

Well done you. Have to say: it looks sore but your reassurance it’s not is good

All the very best

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    You tend to see a couple of heads like that on the plane home from Istanbul. Very popular destination for it.

I can only see this being more and more popular.
    I travelled to Istanbul in November, there were lots of people on the plane home with bright white perfect teeth or sore looking heads. I sat behind a guy who had a transplant procedure done and he was saying to the guy he was sat next to that the pain was horrendous, so much so that had he known he wouldn't have gone through with it. His scalp did look sore (they all did) but I'm not sure if it was just his personal pain threshold that was the issue or whether it hurt everyone equally!

Blog Entries
    I can only go with my experience. No pain at all. The local was nippy and uncomfortable but had more pain with a paper cut and healed quickly.

I suppose people react differently

Looks great and very natural.

Not aimed at the OP, but I’m glad I’ve got good teeth and hair, I’d be terrified of some bodged operation aimed at improving my appearance. I find the current male beauty trend - the whole macho tattoo, man bun and bright blue teeth look - very peculiar. A lot of it just looks a bit silly imho. And like a lot of things in modern life, it involves spending ££££ needlessly. All imho, ymmv, live and let live and all that

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    I can only go with my experience. No pain at all. The local was nippy and uncomfortable but had more pain with a paper cut and healed quickly.

I suppose people react differently

And possibly better medical care? Yours looks amazing but there are some horror stories. Today, I was reading an article where a couple went abroad to get veneers and they’re now in agonising pain. But not sure what they actually expected for 4K, for both sets and the holiday!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Not aimed at the OP, but I’m glad I’ve got good teeth and hair, I’d be terrified of some bodged operation aimed at improving my appearance. I find the current male beauty trend - the whole macho tattoo, man bun and bright blue teeth look - very peculiar. A lot of it just looks a bit silly imho. And like a lot of things in modern life, it involves spending ££££ needlessly. All imho, ymmv, live and let live and all that
    No issue at all with your viewpoint.

Blog Entries

Hair transplant

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    And possibly better medical care? Yours looks amazing but there are some horror stories. Today, I was reading an article where a couple went abroad to get veneers and they’re now in agonising pain. But not sure what they actually expected for 4K, for both sets and the holiday!
    All procedures are carried out by Doctors supported by technicians. I believe from what I have read it’s mostly technicians in Turkey who carry out the procedures. Also the clinics in Scotland are regulated by NHS quality standards through Health Improvement Scotland.

Maybe I have been lucky but genuinely was virtually pain free

Last edited by MFB Scotland; 25th January 2023 at 23:49.

Master
    Looks brilliant Michael
    Very natural looking too.
    Good result

Looks good and fair play too for posting the pics - makes a change from cars, knives and watches.

Photos look great, Michael!

Master
    Looking very good! Seems well worth it for the result you’ve achieved.

Whoa, been a while since I reviewed your progress - that is a superb result!

Pretty sure I can't be bothered with it though, got too used to the 'zero maintenance' buzzcut. If my next 20 y/o wife demands it I'll probably buckle

Spurred on by this thread….

3 weeks ago..
    I called the Harley street hair clinic re. an appointment as I’d briefly enquired 7 years ago. There was an appointment the next day for a consultation and as luck would have it there was a cancellation the following week for surgery (or a 3 month wait). No time like the present so it was on!
    Pretty painless on the day. Injections in the back of the head to numb the donor site, hairs removed and injections to the front of the head and the hairs inserted. Roughly 2100 hairs in total.
    All in all a good experience. Scabs have just healed, can now see what it’ll look like once it all grows back. Next few weeks I’m informed all the hairs will fall out and it can take up to 10 months to see the hairs come back for good. And they won’t ever fall out again.
    Really pleased I did it, looking forward to the end result and I think I’d do it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Ooh ya! Looks painful, but I can see why the OP’s post inspired! Enjoy your new head of hair

Master
    MFB, colleague searched for DHI Glasgow have you got link or address?

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    MFB, colleague searched for DHI Glasgow have you got link or address?
    Looks to me like DHI Glasgow might now be called Seneca Medical Group (their older reviews from 3 years ago refer to the place as DHI Glasgow).
    https://senecamd.com/

Blog Entries
    Sorry guys I hadn't appreciated this thread was bumped in late 2023

DHI changed their name to Seneca

My 3 year update photo for reference

Glad this thread has helped a few folk.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MFB Scotland; 17th February 2024 at 19:02.