closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Restoring / Service Garrard Watch Recommendations

Restoring / Service Garrard Watch Recommendations

I have a old Garrard watch that use to belong to my Grandfather that I would like to have restored & serviced although it still works and seems to keep time.

Hoping someone can recommend a reliable watchmaker that can lightly restore and maybe service it for me but won't cost a fortune.

I have been meaning to have it done for a while now, but as my Father passed away recently I plan to wear it to the funeral in a few weeks time so it’s only now I have dug it out.

Any recommendations?

Last edited by boring_sandwich; 1st August 2021 at 17:37.

Master
    Sorry to hear of your loss mate.

Try ALSAL Watches, 226 Strand. I have never had an issue with them over the past 15 years or so.

The Watch Bloke (Duncan)

Woodland Technical

Sorry to hear of your loss, please accept my condolences.

Do you know if it has a Smiths movement, as a number of Garrards like that did I believe?

If so Andy at www.rollinixsmithswatches.com did a good job for me and his prices are extremely reasonable.

Thanks everyone, I have dropped Duncan a message.

Craftsman
    That's a lovely gesture to wear it when you say goodbye to him, and to remember him by.
    I used to own the same model, and loved it - the shark fin lugs made it sit incredibly comfortably on the wrist.

Im sure there are people better qualified to recommend somebody than I am, but I couldnt read this and not reply.

Sorry for your loss mate,

Master
    Lovely watch and I’m so sorry for your loss.

Duncan did a fantastic job of bringing four vintage watches back to fine fettle for me at very reasonable prices. Brendan (Webwatchmaker) also did a great job on my Chopard.

Quote Originally Posted by S Works View Post
    Lovely watch and I’m so sorry for your loss.

Duncan did a fantastic job of bringing four vintage watches back to fine fettle for me at very reasonable prices. Brendan (Webwatchmaker) also did a great job on my Chopard.
    Thank you.

It will be going to Duncan after the Funeral.