closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any car traders on here?

Craftsman

Any car traders on here?

Are there any fellow members who deal in cars or perhaps someone looking for a bargain?

I wont put this on SC yet but basically I am looking to sell my A6 Avant, I am based in Spain so will be sending the car back with a transport company or possibly doing the Spain - Portsmouth ferry and will meet a trader around that area.

Having looked on a few of the online selling sites I am happy with their offer but would prefer to sell to someone where I can send them pics, videos etc before hand so you know what your getting rather than sending the car back to the UK and then them picking it apart on the day over minor things knowing the ball is in their court because I have drove it there or paid for it to be sent back.

Genuinely one of the best all round cars I have owned, I purchased this as a stop gap after selling my RS4 to fund another property project. The plan was to keep it 4-6 months but its still here 2+ years later and I cant fault it (apart from being RHD in Spain!).
    71k miles, full Audi history and regularly detailed and has monthly maintenance washes by a professional company, few extras from factory and super cheap to run (easy 45mpg & £30 to tax), its also unbelievably spacious, I have had all sorts of items in the back of this car and its almost like a small van with the seats folded flat!

So if you are a trader please send me a PM or if you can recommend a trader in the south of the UK (close to Portsmouth ideally) I can contact to see if they are interested that would be appreciated.

If there is some interest I might stick a sales post up in SC but keep in mind I am looking for an easy sale hence why I will let it go for trade price, otherwise I would be asking more and staying in the UK for a while to sell it privately but I dont have the time to do that really.

You have Pm!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    You have Pm!
    I have had a couple of messages already!
    PM replied too.

Google a website called motorway. They give you a guide price and then dealers bid on your car. You post picture up too so they can see what they’re bidding on.

A car of that spec may surprise you at what price it will achieve.

I’ve sold a couple of cars to Evans Halshaw at their Portsmouth branch. You get a quote online which has built in a few issues. - wheel refurbishment, stone chips etc. Got the quoted price for both cars and very good prices

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
    Google a website called motorway. They give you a guide price and then dealers bid on your car. You post picture up too so they can see what they’re bidding on.

A car of that spec may surprise you at what price it will achieve.
    I would recommend - got an extremely good price on my 2013 A7 recently, higher than they initially estimated - and it was the easiest, smoothest, sale of probably anything, ever!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks guys, I will try Motorway today!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I would recommend - got an extremely good price on my 2013 A7 recently, higher than they initially estimated - and it was the easiest, smoothest, sale of probably anything, ever!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Yes me too, very happy with the price obtained and the overall service.

Master
    From the various threads I've read on TZ lately. there is a serious shortage of decent used cars in the uk at the moment - with some tales of dealers offering buyers more than they paid x amount of months/years/miles ago. Contact a few dealers and play them off against each other, you are not going to get many chances in life to get a decent price out of the trade so make sure that you make the very most of it

Craftsman
    I have a couple of guys from TZ interested but if they back out I will contact some more dealers, I did try Motorway briefly and the offers are going up slightly but I will stick to my original price offered to the guys on TZ and keep everyone happy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GC2012 View Post
    I have a couple of guys from TZ interested but if they back out I will contact some more dealers, I did try Motorway briefly and the offers are going up slightly but I will stick to my original price offered to the guys on TZ and keep everyone happy.
    Don't forget the expat market. I haven't a clue about the market in Spain, but here in France cars cost far more than they do in the UK. Consequently many expats used to travel back to the uk to buy their cars. Now they're getting hit with import taxes (I think they may be waived if you can prove the car was in Spain before 31/12), and factor in the travel aggro and expenses (even if they're allowed to travel) and the trip back to the uk is nowhere near as attractive as it used to be . You may receive a higher price in Spain, and not have to suffer the additional expense and aggro of getting it shipped back.

A few minutes spent on the Angloinfo Spain sites, and the Spanish facebook expat car selling sites should give you a better idea if my carp above is well wide of the mark or not.
    Last edited by catflem; 2nd August 2021 at 17:56.