closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NHS Covid Pass Question

Master

NHS Covid Pass Question

As there appears to be a number of well travelled members on here, and as the Gov website seems as clear as mud to me, I was wondering if if anyone can help me out.
    We have had flights to Dublin booked since last summer (when holidays were fine according to Boris), but now of course we have restrictions. We both have the NHS app with entries for our vaccinations (not the Covershield ones thankfully).
    However, I have a middle name but the Covid pass does not show my middle name and therefore doesn't match my passport. My full name is displayed on the NHS app information page, which corresponds with the NHS number on the Covid pass. My understanding is that due to the way information is imported from my NHS records to the Covid pass, they couldn't be arsed to do it properly, so nobody has a middle name shown on the pass.
    Has anyone (with a middle name, obviously) travelled to the EU and had this discrepancy cause issues, or am I looking for problems that in practice don't exist?
    On a related note, do we still need a negative PCR test for the return flight back to Blighty? The last thing I want is to show a positive test and be stuck in Ireland as my travel insurance won't cover the cost of accommodation unless I need medical intervention. I understand this is pretty standard. On a practical note the house-sitter for the dogs and horses may not be able to extend his cover as well. A relaxing few days away has become less so.
    Any experiences will be welcome.

Master
    Should have put this in the original post really, from the Gov website https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass;
    "You should check that the name on your passport matches how it is displayed by NHS COVID Pass at least 2 weeks before you travel. If the names are different, contact your GP practice to have your details updated". It appears they didn't tell the designer of the app that it needs to display any given middle names.

Blog Entries

Ireland, the
    UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of ManYou do not need to take a COVID-19 test or quarantine on arrival in England if you are travelling within the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, (the Common Travel Area), and you have not been outside of the Common Travel Area in the previous 10 days.

If you test positive in Ireland I think (like anywhere) you will be required to self-isolate for 10 days before you travel back - I doubt you can travel while being COVID+ive

- also

Ireland, the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man

If you’re travelling to England from within the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, you do not need to:

• complete a passenger locator form
    • take any COVID-19 tests
    • quarantine on arrival in England

You must not have been outside of the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man in the 10 days before you arrive in England.
    Check the rules on travel from England if you are:

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Thanks Martyn, I'm somewhat reassured now, providing they don't move the goal posts. Departure is early September so plenty of time yet.

Re the passenger locator form, I've just seen this (4 nights away);
    "You do not need to complete the passenger locator form or book COVID-19 tests if you’re travelling from one of the following places, and you were there for 10 days or more:
    Ireland
    the Channel Islands
    the Isle of Man"
    So one indicates that I must not have been outside the stated countries in the 10 days before arrival in England, the other talks about being there 10 days or more.
    Last edited by Beanie; 1st August 2021 at 13:52.

Master
    Didn’t have any problems going to Crete and back. As long as first and last names are correct, there won’t be a problem

Master
    Thanks Craig, sounds like a dose of common sense really, let's hope our Irish friends are as obliging.

Master
    I flew into Dublin on Tuesday for a mix of work and a family visit. The current requirement is to fill out a traveller locator form and have proof of vaccination. I had both with me in electronic form. On arrival the traveller ahead of me was asked to produce all his evidence. I, on the other hand, was asked about my travel plan and residence and then ushered through. I wasn’t asked for any documentation. This was the same on returning to the UK. In Ireland restaurants are allowed to seat customers indoors who have proof of vaccination. Again the NHS app was accepted.

Master
    Thanks for your reply, providing things remain the same it all looks good, which will please Mrs Beanie who really needs a break.

Master
    I flew to Iceland last week with my friend who carries an Irish passport. His name appears slightly differently on his passport then his vaccination record and he was denied boarding.

Contact your GP and amend your record to be the same as your passport. This will
    Propagate to the app fairly quickly ( hours) so that you can evidence it’s the same person but accessing the GP record page within the NHS app. Also, if you can edit your ticket make sure it reflects the options, ie. James ( AKA Jim), etc.

As others have said shouldn’t be an issue for Ireland but the work around above worked.

Master
    My full name, including my middle name, appears correctly on the NHS app so it is identical to my UK passport. It has been accurately recorded by my doctors surgery. It's only when you go to the Covid passport section of the same, NHS, app that the middle name is missing. I understand that middle names are not imported to that part of the app, and the surgery cannot change that. I may be wrong and someone on here may have done that.
    I would be interested to hear if anyone on here actually has a middle name shown on their Covid passport.

Mine doesn't show my middle name, and no issues encountered when traveling to and from Spain.

Master
    Good to hear, thanks for that.

Craftsman
    As above post - my NHS Covid pass doesn’t show my middle name.
    No issues travelling in and out of Manchester and Greece.

Master
    Fortunately, it does seem that in Europe at least things are being applied sensibly. I do wonder how we will fare when we venture farther afield, the USA or Asia for example, although I suspect that may not be for some time.

Blog Entries
    When eating out in Portugal - just carry your little vaccine card they scribbled on as proof of vaccination. No problem when eating inside. (Sorry if this is going off topic). I would guess the same would be true in UK for all those who don't want to rely on tech.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    When eating out in Portugal - just carry your little vaccine card they scribbled on as proof of vaccination. No problem when eating inside. (Sorry if this is going off topic). I would guess the same would be true in UK for all those who don't want to rely on tech.
    There's the printed version of the vaccination certificate that is required for entry to various countries if you can't access the digital one, and it's not that little library membership card thing. It's causing a right faff for some who don't have printing facilities and no suitable phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Fortunately, it does seem that in Europe at least things are being applied sensibly. I do wonder how we will fare when we venture farther afield, the USA or Asia for example, although I suspect that may not be for some time.
    USA was fine in early JULY, lotta places/folks don't believe it's real.

Master
    That's interesting, I didn't realise the USA were accepting tourists from the UK. If our (already rearranged) trip to Asia in January doesn't go ahead, and we are cancelled in time, a couple of weeks in Florida early autumn sounds possible.

That's interesting, I didn't realise the USA were accepting tourists from the UK. If our (already rearranged) trip to Asia in January doesn't go ahead, and we are cancelled in time, a couple of weeks in Florida early autumn sounds possible.
    Not sure last month...actually it was late June when we flew out from Spain, that technically they were, I got in by virtue of being married to a Yank...President Joe had made a proclamation saying dependents and spouses were good to go...actually had printed a copy out along with guidance from the US EMBASSY confirming this was the case, Marriage cert also...good thing too as the Airline check in bod had to get her manager to take photo's of relevant docs and authorise me, then all was fine.
    Last edited by Passenger; 4th August 2021 at 10:09.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    There's the printed version of the vaccination certificate that is required for entry to various countries if you can't access the digital one, and it's not that little library membership card thing. It's causing a right faff for some who don't have printing facilities and no suitable phone.
    If you are talking about the UK one, you can order one and get it in the post in a couple of days

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Not sure last month...actually it was late June when we flew out from Spain, that technically they were, I got in by virtue of being married to a Yank...President Joe had made a proclamation saying dependents and spouses were good to go...actually had printed a copy out along with guidance from the US EMBASSY confirming this was the case, Marriage cert also...good thing too as the Airline check in bod had to get her manager to take photo's of relevant docs and authorise me, then all was fine.
    Sounds quite involved then. Again it illustrates that you need to have all your documentation in order and even the people who administer the procedures are less than certain.
    Doesn't sound that hopeful for the USA either then.

Sounds quite involved then. Again it illustrates that you need to have all your documentation in order and even the people who administer the procedures are less than certain.
    Doesn't sound that hopeful for the USA either then.
    Yup make sure you've got all your docs.

Regards getting into the US, the situation may yet evolve,

https://www.cntraveller.com/article/...vel-to-the-usa

Master
    I thought I would just tie this one off for the information of others re the Covid pass.
    We printed off (old school, I know) the Covid forms from the NHS app and the Irish PLF which were inspected on arrival and all was good.
    During our stay we chatted with a UK couple who were staying at the hotel (Riu Plaza The Gresham on O'Connell St, nice place, great location) who said they had been told they didn't need to fill in a UK PLF on return to the UK. A bit of Googling found this;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-a...virus-covid-19
    "Ireland, the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
    If you’re travelling to England from within the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, you do not need to:

complete a passenger locator form
    take any COVID-19 tests
    quarantine on arrival in England
    You must not have been outside of the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man in the 10 days before you arrive in England."

So, being a bit rebellious we didn't. We booked in for the flight (Ryanair) online, presented our boarding passes and passports at the boarding desk and got on the plane. On arrival at Stansted at 23.45 we just walked out, no immigration or other checks. I'm not sure if this is normal or if they just couldn't be arsed at the time of night but our interpretation of the rules wasn't tested.
    P.S. Dublin was a bit of a disappointment; expensive (no great surprise there), a bit grubby and run down, and no atmosphere/vitality. I guess it's the Covid hangover but quite a difference from our last visit in 2017.
    The Guinness was still good though!