closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oysterquartz free battery change

Oysterquartz free battery change

Popped a watch into Rolex St.James yesterday, chatting to the helpful lady on the desk about servicing costs and it came up that with an oysterquartz they will change the battery for free and check over that watch at the same time. Not a big money saver but better than a poke in the eye and something that i recall was offered from day one to oysterquartz owners in the States.
    Keith

Blog Entries
    Excellent - I’ll pop in with mine ( no idea when last changed )

Will they do that even if it’s not showing EOL/stopped ?

z

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    Popped a watch into Rolex St.James yesterday, chatting to the helpful lady on the desk about servicing costs and it came up that with an oysterquartz they will change the battery for free and check over that watch at the same time. Not a big money saver but better than a poke in the eye and something that i recall was offered from day one to oysterquartz owners in the States.
    Keith

Good info. Do you have one?

I too, thought this was US only.

Master
    I’m pretty sure the free battery change is US only and the lady sounds misinformed unless they’ve recently changed policy. I recall an OQ owner on the forum saying he paid £80 for RSJ to change the battery a few years back and would want to service the watch every third battery change (if previously done by them).
    I change mine myself and it’s very straight forward and there’s no EOL indicator on these. Poor timekeeping is usually the sign that the battery needs replacing on my OQ’s

Cheers
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    I’m pretty sure the free battery change is US only and the lady sounds misinformed unless they’ve recently changed policy. I recall an OQ owner on the forum saying he paid £80 for RSJ to change the battery a few years back and would want to service the watch every third battery change (if previously done by them).
    I change mine myself and it’s very straight forward and there’s no EOL indicator on these. Poor timekeeping is usually the sign that the battery needs replacing on my OQ’s

Cheers
    Neil
    I mentioned the US situation and she was clear that its changed in the UK, one way to find out is to call and ask them.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    Good info. Do you have one?

I too, thought this was US only.
    Yes, two actually, quite far apart in age and style both steel and both are really very good pieces of kit. And last time around I changed the battery myself but next time Il let Rolex do it.
    Keith

Craftsman
    I took mine in to the local AD a few weeks ago (poor timekeeping and had been about 2.5 years since the last battery) and was told it would be a free battery change or £650 for a service.

Got a call a week later saying it had arrived with Rolex and the cost would be £60 for a battery change.

Not fussed either way but seems like someone has crossed wires.