closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Harley Davidson - electric machine

Master
    Blog Entries

Harley Davidson - electric machine

Friend of mine is Dealer Principal for Edinburgh Harley.

The other day I met him and he had the new electric Harley Davidson bike.

Lovely looking thing with phenomenal lift from squeezing throttle. But boy is it quiet to the point being scary and it reaffirmed my fear that those electric powered machines without ‘faux’ engine noise are actually an accident waiting to happen.

Anyone else have a view?

Jim

Hefty price tag too at a little under £30k!!!

Master
    There's always a market. Vance and Hines stage 2 eco. Sound's a bit contradictory...

I rode one, albeit clamped down at goodwood festival of speed. Seriously fast acceleration.

I actually had the joy of a Porsche taycan turbo recently. Awesome car, but around town it was alarming how you could drive behind pedestrians and they’d have literally no idea you were there. It’s rude to beep your horn isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    Friend of mine is Dealer Principal for Edinburgh Harley.

The other day I met him and he had the new electric Harley Davidson bike.

Lovely looking thing with phenomenal lift from squeezing throttle. But boy is it quiet to the point being scary and it reaffirmed my fear that those electric powered machines without ‘faux’ engine noise are actually an accident waiting to happen.

Anyone else have a view?

Jim

Hefty price tag too at a little under £30k!!!
    HD have spun off Livewire as a separate company now so won't be producing the Livewire as a Harley any more. Livewire (the company) have announced their first bike which will go on sale in the US later this year or early next, which looks to be remarkably similar to the Livewire (bike) but at about half the price.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/.../livewire-one/

£14,500 rather than £28,750. All of a sudden it makes a lot more sense.

Noise wise, I think all electric vehicles should play the same sound as ice cream vans. People would notice them then

At £14,500, id be seriously tempted. Hopefully the Zero and Energica prices will follow suit.

Master
    It's a nice looking bike, HD have just relaunched it under the name Livewire One, shedding the HD name and dropping the price by about 30%. Electric definitely has it's merits, but as a Harley rider the noise and rattles are all part of the experience for me. I'd definitely consider an electric sports bike in the future though.

Edit - was beaten to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post

Noise wise, I think all electric vehicles should play the same sound as ice cream vans. People would notice them then
    Old but gold.

https://youtu.be/sedG1kBtn1M
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Bike World review. Worth a watch

https://youtu.be/jwTqRipq_Mo

What, no “crutch pot cooking” whilst you sit in traffic? That’s not a Harley!

£14k is more like it if they want the masses to adopt…

Interesting to know what range they can do, started watching The Long Way Up, switched it off after three episodes as they just struggled for charges unless they used a diesel generator on one of the support vehicles which made it a bit of a farce tbh.

Plus not sure I could be bothered waiting on top up charges if I wanted to go somewhere for a decent run out, have to plot your trip around charging points and the hope they work or aren’t already in use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Great review, thanks

Master

The motorcycle market is changing. Millennials do not want petrol guzzling motor cycles that pollute the air and even the vintage market is suffering from this.

Like it or not it is soon going to be either electric or nothing.

Harley Davidson - electric machine

Agreed apart from the market prices (assuming that’s what you mean) they seem to be going up not down.

I personally don’t think electric is the way, too much infrastructure needed to make it truly work, more power stations needed and of course the batteries, making them, scrapping them and performance of them over time.

Just doesn’t make sense to me yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk