closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watches of Switzerland, any discounts possible?

Master

Watches of Switzerland, any discounts possible?

as per the title really. Toying with getting a GO SeaQ and wondered if WoS are alway firm on the mrsp or whether they might discount it a bit.

I have never bought from them before but I did try on a UN Maxi Marine years ago, but can't remember if they were prepared to move a bit on the s.p. Ended up buying the UN from Watchfinder - and moved it on long ago..
    thanks,

Craftsman
    I recently had emailed to me from vouchercodes a 20% discount code on full price watches from Goldsmiths (same company as WoS). When added at the checkout to most of the well known high end watches it wouldn't apply a discount, but the code did work on a GO SeaQ. So my guess is that GO carry good margins for the dealer and therefore you should easily be able to negotiate at least 20% off the list price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    I recently had emailed to me from vouchercodes a 20% discount code on full price watches from Goldsmiths (same company as WoS). When added at the checkout to most of the well known high end watches it wouldn't apply a discount, but the code did work on a GO SeaQ. So my guess is that GO carry good margins for the dealer and therefore you should easily be able to negotiate at least 20% off the list price.
    that sounds good - thanks,

Good luck.

I recently looked at the reed green in the AD on the nylon strap as I loved the photos and already own a Sixties annual edition in arctic blue and a blue Panoreserve. However, I have to say I was totally underwhelmed! This doesn’t feel like a €9-10k watch. The finishing isn’t a patch on my other GOs and it just didn’t feel like a GO. If it was €5-6k then you may forgive it as an entry level to the brand but I would be hard pushed to pay this kind of money for it. I would love to compare one to the Wolbrook which uses the same steel and design and see if people could feel where the extra 8k value is in the GO! Combined with the poor movement 40hr PR I don’t see how GO can charge this type of money. I was so disappointed.

For balance though, I also looked at the larger panodate version and that was so much better in fit and finish. The exhibition back hits the right note with the finely finished movement on show but at another 3k…really? GO and swatch need a reality check! Now if they did that one in Green and at 40mm…!

Master
    oh, that is a shame to read you were disappointed with the overall quality given the price they go for. They are approx 6.8k from W of Mayfair so that makes them a slightly better proposition. I heard just good news about them from the various YouTube reviews!
    I would love to get the Pano Date version but fear it would be too big for me- but I was going to wear my SLA033 to see how it wore compared to that as that is quite hefty..

Discounts depend on the brand. I got 12% off a TAG last week. I started negotiating at 20% and would have accepted 10%.

If someone got 20% off using a discount code bite their arm off as you will not get that in store.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    If someone got 20% off using a discount code bite their arm off as you will not get that in store.
    In that case, probably best to look at the watch in person, sign up to vouchercodes, wait for a 20% discount code Goldsmiths watch discount code (they come along every now and then) and do an online purchase.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Good luck.

I recently looked at the reed green in the AD on the nylon strap as I loved the photos and already own a Sixties annual edition in arctic blue and a blue Panoreserve. However, I have to say I was totally underwhelmed! This doesn’t feel like a €9-10k watch. The finishing isn’t a patch on my other GOs and it just didn’t feel like a GO. If it was €5-6k then you may forgive it as an entry level to the brand but I would be hard pushed to pay this kind of money for it. I would love to compare one to the Wolbrook which uses the same steel and design and see if people could feel where the extra 8k value is in the GO! Combined with the poor movement 40hr PR I don’t see how GO can charge this type of money. I was so disappointed.

For balance though, I also looked at the larger panodate version and that was so much better in fit and finish. The exhibition back hits the right note with the finely finished movement on show but at another 3k…really? GO and swatch need a reality check! Now if they did that one in Green and at 40mm…!
    I was in the Knightsbridge WoS today and managed to try both of the SeaQ models on. They did not have either the SeaQ or the Pano Date on the bracelet which was a pain. So I tried the Pano Date on the rubber and folding clasp & the 39.5 SeaQ on the blue fabric strap with folding clasp.
    I liked them both - though I thought the bezel action on each of them wasn't the greatest I have experienced. They felt very stiff . The bezel action on the SLA037 i was wearing felt slicker and slightly more refined in comparision to the SeaQ's . I also brought my SLA033 along for a size comparision with the PanoDate - and the bezel feel of the SLA 033 felt way superior to the Glashutte's.

I was pleased to see that the Pano Date didn't look way too big on my 7 and quarter inch wrist, so has got me thinking i should go for that version instead! the movement looks v nice but they have used a domed crystal for the caseback which has helped increase the thickness. They should have used a concave crystal like on the Sport Evo.
    The young salesman was enthusiastic about the watches and about my hi beat and the 033 , though he did asked if they lined up ok :) but then asked to try them on which was nice..
    He offered to get the bracelet version (39.5), in for me if I wanted but I declined saying I would sleep on it..

Discount is very dependent on brand (and margins) I think. Not sure about GO, but there are some brands they totally refuse all discounts.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like the seaQ but it’s pricey for what it is. They were at a decent discount in Frankfurt.

Master
    I agree, at 8,800 for the blue on bracelet is v pricey for sure. Nice size though. The grey sellers have them 20-22% cheaper which makes them a better proposition.

Master
    I got 20% off a Seiko Willard in green using a discount code, admittedly a couple of months ago.

I believe they won't discount on Rolex, but I've had at least a 10% discount on every other watch I've bought form them recently.

Craftsman
    10% off Omega with minimal fuss recently. V. brand-specific though, as others have said.

Don't forget to also ask for the free watch winder!

Journeyman
    I always ask for discount on anything because I'm pretty cheeky. You don't ask you don't get, you might aswell try it on.

When i purchased my Moonwatch I first went into Goldsmiths and asked for 20% and they flat out refused, so i got up and walked out, went into Ernest Jones and managed to get the 20% off