closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tag F1 CAH111 1/10th not behaving

Tag F1 CAH111 1/10th not behaving

Sons watch is bothering him because the 1/10th dial is seemingly not working

We have changed the battery, reset the watch and hands, but still it’s not turning round once a second when the chrono is running.

Start/stop the chrono and it skips to a random position and stops until you start/stop again.

Not sure if the video link will work:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/118v...w?usp=drivesdk

Not a massive issue, but somewhat of a puzzle, any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure it's supposed to whizz round? I don't think it is stopping at a random position, it is stopping at the number of tenths of a second elapsed when the chronograph is stopped.

I’m sure I had a watch with a version of the movement that did this- could be wrong but I think it only shows the fraction when stopped in order to conserve battery life. Did it ever whiz around?

Well that would be embarrassing if it behaving as expected!

Just had a play with it and stop/starting in quick succession does appear to just tick over a few tenths.

Been looking at other Tag chronos and they do spin round on the 1/10th, I guess this movement doesn’t!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Are you sure it's supposed to whizz round? I don't think it is stopping at a random position, it is stopping at the number of tenths of a second elapsed when the chronograph is stopped.
    This. I have one and just checked it - 1/10th hand doesn't move until stopped.

It seems that Tag have used both ETA G10 based movements and Ronda 5040 based movements- the 5040 will spin the 1/10 hand for 30 seconds then stop to conserve battery, the G10 only displays 1/10 when stopped. Mystery solved I think!

Thanks guys. Mystery indeed solved!