closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cost to regulate a watch?

Cost to regulate a watch?

My recently arrived Nivada Chronomasterr is around 1 minute fast a day. Rather than deal with the faff of sending it back I thought I could get it regulated here. Does anyone know approximately how much it might cost and can anyone recommend someone?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Ryan one minute fast a day is a sign of magnetization...too fast out to be a regulation issue...I can demag it for you.. but any watch independent can.. only takes a second cost is minimal...
    Joe in Anglesey only charged me 20 to regulate my Pelagos..

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Not really. This is the 2nd I've had, 1st one was perfect. If it is magnetized then that may have happened in transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    Ryan one minute fast a day is a sign of magnetization...too fast out to be a regulation issue...I can demag it for you.. but any watch independent can.. only takes a second cost is minimal...
    Joe in Anglesey only charged me 20 to regulate my Pelagos..

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
    Ok cheers. If it is magenetised I think I can sort that and degauss it

Grand Master
    Demagnetising is the first thing to try, but there are several other reasons for a watch to run 1 min/ day fast. Find someone local who can put it on a timegrapher and see what’s going on. Ideally, this should be done before and after degaussing to observe the effect.........if any! Sometimes if the watch is slightly affected it will change rate by a few secs/ day with a small increase in amplitude, but if the watch is more significantly affected the change will be very pronounced, I’ve seen amplitude increase from around 210 degrees to a far healthier 280+, with the rate falling back from +90 to a sensible figure.

Trying to regulate it could cause warranty issues if the watch has more serious problems, if the back is removed it needs doing v. carefully to leave no evidence. I would only get this done if a timegrapher check shows the watch is running correctly, albeit running fast. If there are other issues it needs to be sent back to be sorted out under warranty or replaced.

Ryan, I’m in Kingston. Can sort if required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening all

Just to close the loop here I downloaded an app to my phone that indicated the watch was indeed magnetised. A tenner or so on Amazon later for a Chinese demagnetiser and we are at +2 seconds per day. Thank you to all for the advice and the offers of help.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Evening all

Just to close the loop here I downloaded an app to my phone that indicated the watch was indeed magnetised. A tenner or so on Amazon later for a Chinese demagnetiser and we are at +2 seconds per day. Thank you to all for the advice and the offers of help.
    Can I asked what app you used? Suspect one of mine may be magnetised so would be good to check.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Can I asked what app you used? Suspect one of mine may be magnetised so would be good to check.
    Sure it is free and is called 'Compass Gauss Meter'

Sure it is free and is called 'Compass Gauss Meter'
    Thanks. There's no discernable difference in reading when I bring the watch close to the device so I guess that suggests it's not magnetised.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Thanks. There's no discernable difference in reading when I bring the watch close to the device so I guess that suggests it's not magnetised.
    Yep. With mine there was a definite kick on the needle and now it has been demagnetised there is no more. Maybe just check the app is working by bringing the phone close to your laptop and seeing if you get a spike

Yep. With mine there was a definite kick on the needle and now it has been demagnetised there is no more. Maybe just check the app is working by bringing the phone close to your laptop and seeing if you get a spike
    Thanks. It goes mental when near speakers but not so much when hovering above the laptop. If I rest the phone on the centre of the laptop where the speaker is it goes into the red though.

My iPhone 12 pro max has a whopping big magnet ? in the rear. Picks up metal items and kills pacemakers apparently. So I won’t be hovering it above my watches.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    My iPhone 12 pro max has a whopping big magnet ? in the rear. Picks up metal items and kills pacemakers apparently. So I won’t be hovering it above my watches.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    18 actually.
    F.T.F.A.

I also guess the speakers have magnets too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk