closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hirsch Robby - opinions please

Hirsch Robby - opinions please

Just hoping that I could get some real life feedback on these straps?

I love the look of them and would like to try one but I have a pretty much 100% failure rate with rubber and sailcloth straps. Seeing as these are not really one or the other I think they could be worth a go.

I’m wondering if they are particularly malleable, I don’t have the patience or desire to persevere for any length of time breaking them in, which is probably why I always default to Nato straps as an alternative to bracelets.

I could just buy one but at £65 a pop I’d rather know before if they are rigid and require some real effort to break in.

Many thanks in advance

Reading your third paragraph there I wouldn't really recommend them. Well possibly fine if you have a large wrist but if below 7" they do take alot of breaking in at the thick end towards the lugs. Unlike leather they don't begin to hold shape for a long time.

Master
    Very keen on mine - smart looking and well made. As the previous poster says, they are not hugely malleable near the lugs, though I'd add the ends are very flexible. I have wrists that are under 7 inches and never found it a problem though...

Thanks, that’s something to mull over, I have an eight inch wrist, maybe it could be ok? I think they look great and don’t appear to be too thin either, a bit of meat on them, which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Thanks, that’s something to mull over, I have an eight inch wrist, maybe it could be ok? I think they look great and don’t appear to be too thin either, a bit of meat on them, which I like.
    Fantastic strap, Greg. It'll fit you a treat.

I have a 22mm Robby on a Steinhart and it is a superb strap. My wrist is 7.25”. A few images so you can see what it looks like.

Hope this helps,
    Ken

Thanks gents, that’s settled it.

New strap en route!

Hirsch Robby - opinions please

I love it but the only downside in my opinion is that it isn’t as malleable as I’d like and works its way around my wrist. YWMV (your wrist may vary)

I had a red/black one on a Sinn U1 and thought it was very good. I have 8 3/4 inch wrists and it was a good length for me. I didn’t find it all that malleable - if it was I think the upper layer would separate from the red rubber. I imagine due to the design if you have a smaller wrist the rubber part will only bend so far until the gaps/grooves on the underside meet and it becomes a circle of rubber if that makes sense? Personally I’m not super keen on the contrasting colours look and never really have an issue with rubber straps (apart from them being too short!) but they certainly look good on a sporty watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk