closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tredz - trusted retailer

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Tredz - trusted retailer

I’m looking at a couple of bikes and Tredz have them in stock plus I have a 10% discount code.

Anybody used them recently or have any opinions. I know they are a large online retailer but some are better than others.

Obviously I would like to buy local but not really possible.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

I’ve used them 4 times over the last few years for 5 bikes. Always been happy. Had a couple of issues with arrival condition and a manufacturing issue to a frame, but always resolved to my satisfaction. Their phone lines often busy though so can be a little frustrating but when trying to organise things. I’d recommend and use again

Master
    Used them once, went smoothly, had no issues

Craftsman
    Tredz is fine, buy loads of stuff from them.

Journeyman
    I’ve used them quite a few times for parts and they’ve always been fine. Delivery maybe a little slower than others on occasion but not significantly so. They’ve been owned by Halfords for a while now I believe.

Master
    Over the years I have bought a few things from them where they had ridiculously low prices (tho' wherever poss still try to support my LBS) . Never any problems.

Yep, they are on my Trusted list for kit.

Craftsman
    I've used them for parts, they were fine.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys, good to know they are not a bunch of crooks 👍
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

I ordered a bike from Tredz and unfortunately it did not match the website photo due to a change in manufacturer specifications. I called Tredz who arranged collection without hesitation. The communications were excellent, including purchase and return.

Master
    Bought a couple of bikes from them when my local shops were quoting long lead times, as said not the quickest delivery times, but all went well without an issue.

They are Halfords.

I’ve used them a few times. Had one issue, a return which took ages and was a bit of a mess but sorted out in the end, after a few phone calls.

Would use them again if they were a chunk cheaper than other retailers, but not if they were the same price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    They are Halfords.

I’ve used them a few times. Had one issue, a return which took ages and was a bit of a mess but sorted out in the end, after a few phone calls.

Would use them again if they were a chunk cheaper than other retailers, but not if they were the same price.
    Neve knew they were Halfords, every day …….. I have used them many times for bike bits , no issues and low prices.

Steve.

Master
    Used them loads of times with no problems. Do some great deals time to time and would buy from them again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Neve knew they were Halfords, every day …….. I have used them many times for bike bits , no issues and low prices.

Steve.
    They were an independently owned business and were then acquired by Halfords. We have several stores nearby in South Wales and the environment, staff and stock / bikes / knowledge is very different to Halfords. I mean that as a compliment. The staff I have dealt with have been superb, passionate, go the extra mile and are passionate about cycling. Have purchased on-line as well and no major concerns other than one instance when they contacted me and apologised for the elay due to staff shortages and huge demand.

Hope that helps but would also recommend - Merlin, Bike Tart (exceptional customer service) and Cycle Store.

Cheers

Paul

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    They were an independently owned business and were then acquired by Halfords. We have several stores nearby in South Wales and the environment, staff and stock / bikes / knowledge is very different to Halfords. I mean that as a compliment. The staff I have dealt with have been superb, passionate, go the extra mile and are passionate about cycling. Have purchased on-line as well and no major concerns other than one instance when they contacted me and apologised for the elay due to staff shortages and huge demand.

Hope that helps but would also recommend - Merlin, Bike Tart (exceptional customer service) and Cycle Store.

Cheers

Paul
    Cheers Paul , I tend to use Merlin/ Ribble/ Tredz / wiggle/ Halfords in that sort of order. I used to live about 15 miles from Merlin and Ribble and since the 90’s have watched them both grow. This year with Shimano stuff being in such short demand I have even resorted to German Ebay sellers for a 105 rear hub, unobtanium at the time in the UK.

Steve