Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welsh UFO Cover Up Maybe?

Master
    Blog Entries

Welsh UFO Cover Up Maybe?

Master
    Interesting that Bry, cheers.

Some people believe their own vivid dreams and confuse them with reality

Google 'fake You Tube videos' and 'fake documentary videos' and 'mockumentaries'

They are made to appeal to the gullible and those prone to poor judgment ... and of nervous dispositions.

I could likely write something similar myself which would give readers a sleepless night ... especially if I used 'scary voice software' to make it sound more sinister.
    Last edited by sundial; 26th July 2021 at 20:56.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

I think it is pretty obvious that the earth is being visited by craft based on technology not in the current public domain. I'd think if you looked at the evidence and still felt this wasn't the case you are either a religious fanatic or very gullible.

That being said who is piloting them (if indeed they are being 'piloted' by beings) is very much up for debate. My take on it is that we will figure out one day that the speed of light is positively tardy compared to the speed of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I think it is pretty obvious that the earth is being visited by craft based on technology not in the current public domain. I'd think if you looked at the evidence and still felt this wasn't the case you are either a religious fanatic or very gullible.

That being said who is piloting them (if indeed they are being 'piloted' by beings) is very much up for debate. My take on it is that we will figure out one day that the speed of light is positively tardy compared to the speed of thought.
    Wot a load of old eyewash and wishful thinking ... And when were you last abducted by aliens?

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Wot a load of old eyewash and wishful thinking ... And when were you last abducted by aliens?
    Not saying they are aliens. That is far from certain. But the presence of technology not in the current public domain? That seems pretty nailed on to me.

Welsh UFO Cover Up Maybe?

Why (and how) on Earth should the speed of thought be faster than light - it’s just electrical signals in the brain which by their nature must be slower.
    How is this even related to the existence of UFOs?

Billionaires from other planets showing off to each other.

OK, I watched the first 5 minutes right up until they talked about 100% definitely seeing an E-3D AWACS as part of the conspiracy circling the area. Having spent 8 years as an E-3D captain I can honestly tell you they are talking codswallop. We couldn't even power our radar on below 20,000ft, the thing would have overheated. We needed to be up at FL290 and above...well above any altitude distinguishable from the ground. The only time someone would see an AWACS aparently circling was if we were doing pilot training, flying visual circuits at an airfield.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...tuary-1079316/

James Randi would have said something about the alleged cover-up
    Last edited by sundial; 26th July 2021 at 21:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Why (and how) on Earth should the speed of thought be faster than light - it’s just electrical signals in the brain which by their nature must be slower.
    How is this even related to the existence of UFOs?
    Well we go off on a tangent but let's just say some scientific experiments have taken place indicating thought and intention may be able to manipulate physical objects. Masaru Emoto did research on how thoughts (positive or negative) had an impact on the way water crystals were formed when frozen.

If (big IF) there is some veracity to this, extrapolate that further and it may be possible to 'think your way' somewhere instantly, even across vast distances..

I was once abducted from a dance floor by a big lass from Middlesbrough in the late 1970s. When I got home 2 days later I felt like I'd been to another planet. I still have nightmares . . .
    F.T.F.A.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

― Terry Pratchett
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

And that was just in Skegness on a Saturday afternoon.

Well we go off on a tangent but let's just say some scientific experiments have taken place indicating thought and intention may be able to manipulate physical objects. Masaru Emoto did research on how thoughts (positive or negative) had an impact on the way water crystals were formed when frozen.

If (big IF) there is some veracity to this, extrapolate that further and it may be possible to 'think your way' somewhere instantly, even across vast distances..
    I suspect they weren’t very scientific experiments.

Craftsman

Masaru Emoto’s work is pseudoscience and has been debunked, e.g. please see https://skepticalinquirer.org/exclus...ce-experiment/. There is no justification to extrapolate from pseudoscience to instant, galaxy spanning thought, for which there is zero evidence.

And do really believe that Yuri Geller can bend spoons by stroking them ... and can repair clocks by sending them thought messages?

And are there monsters in Loch Ness?

It's all about making $£€
    Last edited by sundial; 26th July 2021 at 21:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    Masaru Emoto’s work is pseudoscience and has been debunked, e.g. please see https://skepticalinquirer.org/exclus...ce-experiment/. There is no justification to extrapolate from pseudoscience to instant, galaxy spanning thought, for which there is zero evidence.
    Well possibly, although his work wasn't debunked per se, just highlighted as scientifically unsound due to lack of evidence.

Anyway I'm not going to counter with evidence as I don't have it. We know Governments conducted experiments in remote viewing for example and the official line is 'nothing to see here'. What the reality is who knows. There certainly is not evidence to state that there is 'galaxy spinning thought'. There is no evidence either to completely rule it out yet. I think we should leave this discussion at that lest it veers even further toward the esoteric. For what it's worth though people who stated the World was round in the middle ages were universally mocked. The thing about science is a lot of the subjects are completely ridiculous until one day they aren't. The US Government recently came out stating that they didn't have explanations for a lot of the encounters between unknown aerial phenomena (UAVs) and military planes and ships. So they don't have evidence to state what they aren't either.

Blog Entries

Rubbish. Pseudo scientific bunkum for the easily led.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Well possibly, although his work wasn't debunked per se, just highlighted as scientifically unsound due to lack of evidence.

Anyway I'm not going to counter with evidence as I don't have it. We know Governments conducted experiments in remote viewing for example and the official line is 'nothing to see here'. What the reality is who knows. There certainly is not evidence to state that there is 'galaxy spinning thought'. There is no evidence either to completely rule it out yet. I think we should leave this discussion at that lest it veers even further toward the esoteric. For what it's worth though people who stated the World was round in the middle ages were universally mocked. The thing about science is a lot of the subjects are completely ridiculous until one day they aren't.
    The onus is on the believers in this hokum to prove it.

Easy to come up with some nonsense and say it can't be ruled out.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 26th July 2021 at 22:09.

Master
    It always amazes me how humans will devoutly believe in gods, angels, demons, prophets, miracles and all that baloney without a shred of evidence, ever.
    Yet as soon as UFO, UAV, UAP et al are mentioned even with visual evidence and testimony from professionals, the sneerers and mockers get on their high horses and look down on the 'nutters'

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I was once abducted from a dance floor by a big lass from Middlesbrough in the late 1970s. When I got home 2 days later I felt like I'd been to another planet. I still have nightmares . . .
    You were definitely in the Boro then Bob!😁

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    It always amazes me how humans will devoutly believe in gods, angels, demons, prophets, miracles and all that baloney without a shred of evidence, ever.
    Yet as soon as UFO, UAV, UAP et al are mentioned even with visual evidence and testimony from professionals, the sneerers and mockers get on their high horses and look down on the 'nutters'
    I can recommend the Skeptical Inquirer magazine https://skepticalinquirer.org/. It has a regular column on UFOs in which the best evidence is examined, and there is always a rational, mundane, explanation that does not entail extraterrestrial beings, flying saucers or pseudoscience. I also do not believe in gods, angels, demons, prophets or miracles, which similarly lack evidence. “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence”. For a lot of these UFO stories just some plain ordinary evidence would be nice.

Here are some skeptical articles on UFOs https://skepticalinquirer.org/catego...os-and-aliens/ to get you started.

Master
    I can recommend the Skeptical Inquirer magazine https://skepticalinquirer.org/. It has a regular column on UFOs in which the best evidence is examined, and there is always a rational, mundane, explanation that does not entail extraterrestrial beings, flying saucers or pseudoscience. I also do not believe in gods, angels, demons, prophets or miracles, which similarly lack evidence. “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence”. For a lot of these UFO stories just some plain ordinary evidence would be nice.

Here are some skeptical articles on UFOs https://skepticalinquirer.org/catego...os-and-aliens/ to get you started.
    That's interesting, thanks I'll have a look.

not sure why they are calling it the greatest ufo coverup when its on youtube :)

some people are gullible enough to believe in any old crap , we live in an age where your average smart phone makes a professional photographer redundant and we can take pictures of other galaxys , throw anything supernatural into the mix or anything to do with ufos's and you end up with something that looks like it been taken on a box brownie by someone with a severe case of the DT's.

to balance the books im no physics expert but im sure a solution for faster than light travel was found some time ago and is called an alcubierre drive.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

And that was just in Skegness on a Saturday afternoon.
    I think my trip on a Megabus once from London to Cardiff was pretty strange. I wish there had been a cover up.

I saw things man…

Must have been visited 225 years ago…….How else do you explain the “Tourbillon”….

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    And are there monsters in Loch Ness?
    Now, now! Let’s leave poor Nessie out of this.

Fascinating stuff. Though the prospect of meeting them is terrifying. Pasty skinned, bug-eyed, impenetrable means of communication.
    Yeah, if I was an alien I wouldn’t go anywhere near the Welsh to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbob View Post
    Fascinating stuff. Though the prospect of meeting them is terrifying. Pasty skinned, bug-eyed, impenetrable means of communication.
    Excellent!

Blog Entries
    Mandy's?

That could well have been all the a**l probing they apparently go in for.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    You were definitely in the Boro then Bob!
    Bongo club

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    You were definitely in the Boro then Bob!
    Bongo club

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbob View Post
    Maybe the aliens have 4 legs and a wooly coat. They must be terrified.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Anyway I'm not going to counter with evidence as I don't have it. We know Governments conducted experiments in remote viewing for example and the official line is 'nothing to see here'. What the reality is who knows. There certainly is not evidence to state that there is 'galaxy spinning thought'. There is no evidence either to completely rule it out yet. I think we should leave this discussion at that lest it veers even further toward the esoteric. For what it's worth though people who stated the World was round in the middle ages were universally mocked. The thing about science is a lot of the subjects are completely ridiculous until one day they aren't. The US Government recently came out stating that they didn't have explanations for a lot of the encounters between unknown aerial phenomena (UAVs) and military planes and ships. So they don't have evidence to state what they aren't either.
    Not sure where to start with this but 'scientifically unsound' isn't really a mitigant.

For example, if I leave a cheesecake in the fridge, and go out for a few beers, the next morning bits of it are often missing. My unscientific conclusion is that the fridge area of the kitchen suffers from accelerated entropy.

Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    Mandy's?
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Bongo club

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    That could well have been all the a**l probing they apparently go in for.
    I've no memory of exactly where the events occurred, or indeed what exactly did occur. To paraphrase Rowley Birkin QC, I'm afraid I was very, very drunk. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

It's the hovering within sight of the least credible witnesses before returning home that always frustrates. After coming all this way, why not go the extra few feet and land? Or just find someone to fly past that isn't a nut job. Philosopher and renowned UFO expert Mr Allen wrote sagely about the conundrum thus:

Up until now, the entire subject of flying saucers has been mostly associated with kooks or oddballs. Frequently, in fact, observers will admit to being a member of both groups.

The most frequently asked question about the UFOs is: If saucers come from outer space, why have their pilots not attempted to make contact with us, instead of hovering mysteriously over deserted areas?

My own theory is that for creatures from another solar system "hovering" may be a socially acceptable mode of relating. It may, indeed, be pleasurable. I myself once hovered over an eighteen-year-old actress for six months and had the best time of my life
    Woody Allen, The UFO Menace, 1975
    Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 27th July 2021 at 14:46. Reason: alien intervention

Master
    Perhaps it’s UFO parking we need then?

They come all this way, can’t find anywhere to park, so go ‘around the block again’, via Alpha Centauri or somewhere.

I’ll fire off an email to NCP and see what they plan to do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Bongo club

- - - Updated - - -

Bongo club
    God, I ended up with a barmaid from there one night…

Never again…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it's very arrogant and ignorant to think that we humans are the only intelligent life forms in the mind bogglingly vastness of the universe. Whether we are being visited by beings from other worlds is a different matter. It's funny how years ago we seemed to be getting regular visits with very dubious photos as evidence. Nowadays when everyone has a super megapixel camera in their pocket they visit far less. Maybe they're camera shy......

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Nowadays when everyone has a super megapixel camera in their pocket they visit far less. Maybe they're camera shy......
    Maybe the little green men have shares in Jessops, since it's all gone quiet on the film sales front they don't bother..

Craftsman
    I think it's very arrogant and ignorant to think that we humans are the only intelligent life forms in the mind bogglingly vastness of the universe.
    And it is a vastness in time, not just space. There could be a civilisation right next door (within tens of light years), but separated from us by a small percentage of the age of the universe, such as a million years, which means we will not overlap in time, and never make contact, let alone meet.

And it is a vastness in time, not just space. There could be a civilisation right next door (within tens of light years), but separated from us by a small percentage of the age of the universe, such as a million years, which means we will not overlap in time, and never make contact, let alone meet.
    Especially given that (on the basis of current evidence) the evolution of intelligent life is possible, but that intelligent life’s ability to avoid self destruction seems doubtful. Our species is a rank newcomer to the universe and may well not make half a million years’ span.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Billionaires from other planets showing off to each other.
    “Teasers are just rich kids with nothing to do…”

I think it's very arrogant and ignorant to think that we humans are the only intelligent life forms in the mind bogglingly vastness of the universe. Whether we are being visited by beings from other worlds is a different matter. It's funny how years ago we seemed to be getting regular visits with very dubious photos as evidence. Nowadays when everyone has a super megapixel camera in their pocket they visit far less. Maybe they're camera shy......
    I have thought this many times also - with phones shooting in 4K, in billions of pockets, there should be a deluge of crystal clear photo evidence.

But there isn’t…

The rest of your excellent post tallies with my views also.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I have thought this many times also - with phones shooting in 4K, in billions of pockets, there should be a deluge of crystal clear photo evidence.

But there isn’t…
    Just think of how much security camera footage was captured of the meteorite that fell on Winchcombe earlier this year, sufficient to track it path to landfall with reasonable accuracy. Yet we don't have similarly good evidence for all the UFOs?

Not ignorant at all, one possible explanation here: -

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    Especially given that (on the basis of current evidence) the evolution of intelligent life is possible, but that intelligent life’s ability to avoid self destruction seems doubtful. Our species is a rank newcomer to the universe and may well not make half a million years’ span.

I think your assuming that other intelligent life forms will be like humans in their nature. I imagine they'll be far from it and possibly with a different intelligence will come a different attitude towards their existence. Just because humans are self destructive in their nature.it doesn't mean other life forms will be. On the grand scheme of things I don't consider humans to be particularly advanced or intelligent at all.

I think your assuming that other intelligent life forms will be like humans in their nature. I imagine they'll be far from it and possibly with a different intelligence will come a different attitude towards their existence. Just because humans are self destructive in their nature.it doesn't mean other life forms will be. On the grand scheme of things I don't consider humans to be particularly advanced or intelligent at all.
    Don't see how you can say humans aren't particularly intelligent. With nothing to judge us against, maybe we are at the upper limit.

Master
    Just think of how much security camera footage was captured of the meteorite that fell on Winchcombe earlier this year, sufficient to track it path to landfall with reasonable accuracy. Yet we don't have similarly good evidence for all the UFOs?
    Haven’t you people ever heard of cloaking devices? They’ve been around since before Star Trek.

Nobody who’s ever been to South Wales (or Bristol Airport on a Friday morning) would rule out the possibility of an invasion of alien life forms. The evidence is all around you.

Craftsman
    What evidence is that please?

For example, the video linked in the first post in this thread, "The Pentyrch UFO Incident" is very disingenuous, as it contains artistic recreations (CGI?) of the lights the witnesses saw that night, but it does not make clear that this is not actual footage of the incident, which is very misleading, and creates a entirely false impression of what actually happened. It is only in the youtube comments that the it is clarified that there is no video of the actual incident, taken as it occurred. So we are left with eye witness accounts, which are notoriously unreliable and subjective. Yes, the military were very likely flying low over the area that night with a lot of lights showing, but the simplest explanation is that it was a training exercise, rather than aliens in space ships. After all, I would sincerely hope that our military do perform secret night exercises, so that they can be properly prepared for possible future combat operations. The assassination of Bin Laden comes to mind - a secret, night operation in helicopters, over a residential area.
    Last edited by Tatters; 28th July 2021 at 15:26.