closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welsh UFO Cover Up Maybe?

Whenever anyone mentions Wales I think of Twin Town, so why the Greys/Lizards/Nordics would rock up there rather than NYC baffles me.

In any case the world definitely needs more alien * probing, would give the the social media horde something worthwhile to discuss.

Brilliant film .
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Now buy yourselves a nice big tin of sticky sticky and f**k off back to noddy land

Superb stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Now buy yourselves a nice big tin of sticky sticky and f**k off back to noddy land

Superb stuff!
    Might just watch it again tonight...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I've seen a UFO, or more accurately, several of them. No idea what they were, I simply saw a series of bright dancing lights in the sky in the middle of the day. They were doing odd jerking movements around each other and flitting about in the same area of sky.

It was outside Raigmore Hospital in Inverness in (I think) 1997. Two other people stopped walking and stood with me for a couple of minutes and we watched them together.

My memory of what they looked like is diminishing, but they reminded me of the flashing lights you sometimes get in your eye after you rub them. Except these didn't go away after a few seconds and were visible by others.

No camera phone in 1997 so no photos, but I've always been puzzled by what I saw. I can't find anything quite like it when I search online.

Anyway, aliens probably exist, but aliens are unlikely to be visiting. Because maths and physics.

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    I think it's very arrogant and ignorant to think that we humans are the only intelligent life forms in the mind bogglingly vastness of the universe. Whether we are being visited by beings from other worlds is a different matter. It's funny how years ago we seemed to be getting regular visits with very dubious photos as evidence. Nowadays when everyone has a super megapixel camera in their pocket they visit far less. Maybe they're camera shy......
    Have you ever tried to take a pic of anything that isn't static with your phone-camera, at a distance, sat in a car while trying to drive, at dusk?
    Maybe someone will get lucky one day.

Have you seen my pics?? I couldn't take a decent pic of a static object on a sunny day standing still.

Blog Entries
    I think it's very arrogant and ignorant to think that we humans are the only intelligent life forms in the mind bogglingly vastness of the universe. Whether we are being visited by beings from other worlds is a different matter. It's funny how years ago we seemed to be getting regular visits with very dubious photos as evidence. Nowadays when everyone has a super megapixel camera in their pocket they visit far less. Maybe they're camera shy......
    I sometimes think it's very arrogant and ignorant to think that we humans are an intelligent life form. There's a lot of evidence otherwise...

As for being visited by beings from other worlds, it would probably mean they would be far more advanced technologically. Usually when two species/cultures meet, it's not good news for the less technologically advanced.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

^^^ Have to agree with Oaky here. ^^^

We're still using rocket fuel dug out of the ground to get as far as orbit. That's about as primitive as it gets! If anyone is visiting us they must be in a different league technologically.

As Steven Hawkins said. 'If the little green men do come, be afraid. Very afraid.'

We destroy each other hare for mineral resources and in the name of wacky gods. Who knows what the aliens might be coming looking for! Maybe they're just sitting quietly at the sidelines waiting for us to wipe ourselves out bemused by our incredible stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Usually when two species/cultures meet, it's not good news for the less technologically advanced.
    Based on our experiences on Earth only.

We can only think about our own selfish requirements for resources. We're projecting our needs on any visitors.

Perhaps we can hope that as life may be very rare - our solar system has certain unusual qualities which have afforded us a clear run for millions of years without continual catastrophic events - any exobiological species might view us as one might view a fragile bird in a tiny piece of rainforest. Something to be observed rather than captured.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 29th July 2021 at 10:37.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post

We can only think about our own selfish requirements for resources. We're projecting our needs on any visitors.

Perhaps we can hope that as life may be very rare - our solar system has certain unusual qualities which have afforded us a clear run for millions of years without continual catastrophic events - any exobiological species might view us one might view a fragile bird in a tiny piece of rainforest. Something to be observed rather than captured.
    Well it hasn’t been good news for creatures in the rainforest so far.
    I hope any visitors are kind and wise. But I don’t see any reason to assume they would be!

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Have to agree with Oaky here. ^^^

We're still using rocket fuel dug out of the ground to get as far as orbit. That's about as primitive as it gets! If anyone is visiting us they must be in a different league technologically.

As Steven Hawkins said. 'If the little green men do come, be afraid. Very afraid.'

We destroy each other hare for mineral resources and in the name of wacky gods. Who knows what the aliens might be coming looking for! Maybe they're just sitting quietly at the sidelines waiting for us to wipe ourselves out bemused by our incredible stupidity.
    I agree.

I like the scenario of the alien scout reporting back to the mothership. When asked if humans could be dangerous he said “Not really, they’re pointing all their weapons at each other!”

Perhaps we can hope that as life may be very rare - our solar system has certain unusual qualities which have afforded us a clear run for millions of years without continual catastrophic events - any exobiological species might view us as one might view a fragile bird in a tiny piece of rainforest. Something to be observed rather than captured.
    Aye they may decide to keep a few of us in zoo's or as pets, while taking what remains of the 'rainforest' for themselves and allowing time to renew our depredations...It's a lovely little planet, lotta life left in it yet, but for the inhabitants crazed greed.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Well it hasn’t been good news for creatures in the rainforest so far.
    I hope any visitors are kind and wise. But I don’t see any reason to assume they would be!
    Again, that's based on humans who are flawed, selfish and greedy.

I would agree though.

If the visitors are also flawed like us and have overcome light travel then it's safe to assume they are more advanced than us, which includes the assumption that their tech would overpower ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Aye they may decide to keep a few of us in zoo's or as pets, while taking what remains of the 'rainforest' for themselves and allowing time to renew our depredations...It's a lovely little planet, lotta life left in it yet, but for the inhabitants crazed greed.
    If the option is being zapped or being in a zoo, I'll be opting for the intergalactic taser.

If the option is being zapped or being in a zoo, I'll be opting for the intergalactic taser.
    How do you know we are not in their zoo?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

^A very good point, though my preference is the simulation theory.