closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Please can anyone assist???

Hybrid View

Please can anyone assist???

Hi,

A long shot in these strange and uncertain times though if you do not ask, etc, etc.

I currently live in Spain though was due to return to the UK, (literally 2 minutes from Junction 31, M1, South Yorkshire) initially in June of this year and thinking I may get back bought an ECM coffee machine with the idea of picking it up as I arrived in the country and would then bring it back with me to Spain upon my return.
    The seller was happy with this and packaged it up for collection from his address in the Raynes Park, (S20) area of London.
    However due to the ever changing restrictions, I have had to cancel and though I am now scheduled to return Mid September again it will all depend of the various countries, (France, Spain and UK's) stance at that time.

The Coffee machine weighs approximately 20Kg and the dimensions of the box is 30x50x60cm and though is a big piece of machinery needs to be handled with care.

Is there any forum member who could assist with the pick up and drop off, obviously for a fee, just that I want it to arrive in one piece and not have been chucked about or dropped from a great height and have heard the various horror stories re some couriers.

There is no urgency to this transportation, just please let me know if you can assist.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and stay safe.

Keith.
    Last edited by carlyrox; 26th July 2021 at 14:45.

I'm near Raynes Park so can certainly help with storage of it until you're back?

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the kind offer though storage is no problem as the seller is happy to keep it in his loft. However if I can get it to my In-Laws at the S26 area of South Yorkshire, I can the collect it as and when I eventually get back.

Once again, thanks for your kind offer and stay safe.

Keith.

Could you not arrange for a courier / one man and his van service to pick up and deliver as its within UK? Done this myself for a number of larger / heavier online purchases?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Could you not arrange for a courier / one man and his van service to pick up and deliver as its within UK? Done this myself for a number of larger / heavier online purchases?
    Yes that would be an option though wanted to try here first and would pay the going rate. What I am concerned about is an unknown courier not handling the package with the care it requires, where as on this forum, I believe we all appear to treat items with care, sometimes to the extreme.

My Elderly In - Laws wouldn't open and inspect the machine for any damage so any problem would not be noticed till I got back, which realistically could be next year.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    We must have been neighbours at some time.
    Yes and I believe both purchased from John Mason jewellers???.

Take care.

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by carlyrox View Post
    Yes and I believe both purchased from John Mason jewellers???.

Take care.

Keith.
    Yes indeed, Aston, Aughton, Swallownest or Todwick,...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the kind offer though storage is no problem as the seller is happy to keep it in his loft. However if I can get it to my In-Laws at the S26 area of South Yorkshire, I can the collect it as and when I eventually get back.

Keith.
    We must have been neighbours at some time.

Hi Hugh,

Keith.
    Ah understood Keith. Hope your journey back works out and you can get playing with that cracking machine!

Hi Keith,I知 currently working near Bracknell,if somebody can meet me just outside London I値l bring it to Sheffield has I知 in Doncaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Hi Keith,I知 currently working near Bracknell,if somebody can meet me just outside London I値l bring it to Sheffield has I知 in Doncaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Mick,

Thanks that is really appreciated, I will PM you and hopefully can then talk with you to sort out the details. Also if you are on WhatsApp I will forward a picture of the 233 I purchased.

Take care mate.

Keith.

Number 2,

Aston, down the side of what used to be the Bluebell, purchased a house there in 2005.

Regards.

Keith

Sent from my SM-G973F using TZ-UK mobile app

Number 2,

Aston, down the side of what used to be the Bluebell, purchased a house there in 2005.

Regards.

Keith
    Part of my ''misspent youth''.

Prior to the pandemic I was up and down between London and South Yorkshire every week, would have been a pleasure to help, however I'll see if a chum of mine can help.
    Last edited by number2; 26th July 2021 at 17:59.

Talking

Just wanted to update the thread to pay thanks to all.

Mick aka mk1974 who will be working in the area has kindly offered to transport the machine back to South Yorkshire for which I am extremely grateful. Though as stated thanks to all for the offers to help.
    This is such a great forum with members not only willing to help but will go out of their way to do so.

Thanks and take care.

Keith.

Now does anyone have a Rolex GMT they want to sell or trade. :-)