closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: DOXA 300 - views

DOXA 300 - views

Any DOXA 300 owners on the forum. Am very tempted with the Caribbean on rubber but would value a view from here. Not a brand which has appealed to me previously but recently I keep looking!

300t is 500£ cheaper and a looks good but not quite as appealing to me.

Master
    I have the 300 and not the "T" version. I don't care for the flat crystal Seiko dive watch look much prefer the old school look with raised crystal as it should look. I like the beads of rice bracelet as well just like the Doxa should have. 300T isn't COSC certified not sure if that's what the cost factor is about.

Here's a pic from my phone showing the crystal

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mdoQGZ]
    Last edited by jk103; 26th July 2021 at 02:42.

the box shape xtral is a must to me.

I do like the orange dial on these. There was one on SC with tritium tubes rather than just plots and I was sorely tempted. Luckily not seen another one since

Nice profile on that one. I'd be interested in Doxa but probably not at RRP. Anyone know any good places to get discounts?

Craftsman
    I have owned Caribbean 300T for about a year now. Like the OP they were never something I had fancied but having tried one on the only question was colour. I may have got that wrong by not wanting to be so bold but I liven it up a bit with orange or this Christopher Ward hybrid.

The watch wears really well and not as big as I thought it might and beads of rice is superb. I like the dome crystal but didn’t think it justified the extra. I got mine for a straight £1600 at the Jura shop in Leeds.
    My pic won’t post for some reason ?

50th Anniversary here:

I had a 1500T Sea Rambler but lovely as it was, always felt like a compromise. Then Doxa released the 50th and I was in like Flynn. Perfect size and COSC movement.

I like the Caribbean dial but had to go for the Doxa Professional orange. Looks great on rubber or NATO as well:

I deliberated a bit over both but for me the 300T suits my needs better, and I'd be forever worried about dinking that lovely raised crystal on the 300.

Either would be a splendid watch, I'm really pleased with my 300T and it's become my go-to weekday summer watch these last few weeks

I love the 300. Domed crystal, slim case, cosc movement, hinged beads of rice, timeless design. Hard to pick a favourite, but if I had to choose, I think I’d keep the Caribbean…

Master
    A Sub 300's been on my wishlist for some time.
    Just looked at the Doxa website and states that it is fitted with Swiss auto movement -seems a little vague
    I thought they were fitted with ETA movements - is that still the case?

The OP seems to have lost interest in the topic…but here’s a picture of the Searambler on my wrist from earlier today. The Searambler 300, with its silver sunburst dial is very clean and crisp, but the orange hand and bezel detail bring it to life, in my opinion…

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Do these now have a proper beads of rice bracelet?

I had a Caribbean a number of years ago and it was essentially an oyster bracket with the centre links looking like beads of rice but were not.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Love the look of some, but because they were a bunch of arses when I tried to speak with them at Basel’s few years back I’ve switched off to the brand completely.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Love the look of some, but because they were a bunch of arses when I tried to speak with them at Basel’s few years back I’ve switched off to the brand completely.
    I was really interested in a Sub 300, but I read too many horror stories about Doxa’s customer service. Attitude seems to run through the company as a whole. Shame, as the watches could be superb.

Craftsman
    i absolutely love the orange version of this doxa, it’s the signature colour of the doxa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Do these now have a proper beads of rice bracelet?

I had a Caribbean a number of years ago and it was essentially an oyster bracket with the centre links looking like beads of rice but were not.
    Proper in what way?

The 300 bracelet has solid beads unlike the hollow beads in the originals and the wrist wearing sides of the beads of the beads are now flat to sit against the wrist unlike the rounded ones of an original BOR. The beads are individual not formed together.

Thanks all, some great pictures! Think they have convinced me to give the Caribbean on rubber a go.

Master
    I’ve always liked the Divingstar as it looks cool and I don’t have a yellow dial watch. Seem to remember the limited edition Poseidon version being on SC a few years back and I almost pm’d the seller but something held me back.
    Maybe I should just take the plunge so to speak. What are peoples experiences of ownership, good and bad?

Cheers
    Neil

Anyone know where discounts are possible on Doxa? So far I'm drawing a total blank. Even the usually generous places like Jura are refusing any discount off RRP.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Anyone know where discounts are possible on Doxa? So far I'm drawing a total blank. Even the usually generous places like Jura are refusing any discount off RRP.

You could try AMJ watches.

Quote Originally Posted by jk103 View Post
    Proper in what way?

The 300 bracelet has solid beads unlike the hollow beads in the originals and the wrist wearing sides of the beads of the beads are now flat to sit against the wrist unlike the rounded ones of an original BOR. The beads are individual not formed together.
    Same on the 300T

There are some interesting websites which compare the 300 vs the 300T,I'm leaning towards a 300T Professional with a metres bezel.
    Last edited by number2; 1st August 2021 at 15:31.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

DOXA 300 - views

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    AMJ offered the Sub 300 for £2000 without much negotiation. I guess that’s around 15% discount.

Thanks for the heads up.

Next question...I was originally considering black "sharkhunter" but tried on the orange "professional" colour the other day. I'm now in two minds about what colour to go for, especially as my Tudor Black Bay is black. I could be swayed by TZ collective thoughts. Which colour would you go for?!

Orange is Doxa and Doxa is orange,

Master
    Yes, whilst I like the blue and yellow, for me a Doxa with that case style has to be orange and also needs the beads of rice bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Yes, whilst I like the blue and yellow, for me a Doxa with that case style has to be orange and also needs the beads of rice bracelet.
    Like you I'm attracted by both the blue and yellow, however I've got blue covered with a Seiko Blue Lagoon, and yellow covered within an Aquadive, black is a Submariner, Squale and Baby Dreadnought so orange will be my choice together with the iconic "beads of rice".

Orange on beads of rice this morning

Journeyman
    I have had my eye on the 300 Yellow version for a while now.

Are there any main differences between the 300 and 300t apart from size?

Guys who own the 300 - any downsides, niggles?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashman86 View Post

Size, WR, crystal, COSC movement…

Quote Originally Posted by Ashman86 View Post

After a few comparisons such as this, I'll be going for the 300t.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    Last edited by number2; 3rd August 2021 at 11:46.

Stop putting temptation in my way, I'm saving myself (and my money) for one of Eddie's Caribbeans.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk