closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Review of vintage 1984 Rolex DateJust (in its original, heavy used shape)

Review of vintage 1984 Rolex DateJust (in its original, heavy used shape)

I hope you like it. It's pretty cool watch but in quite rough shape.

Review of Rolex Datejust 16013

Craftsman
    nice review and although it is heavily used still a beautiful piece with bags of charm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a nice review, thanks.

It’s funny how worried many of us get about scratching a new watch, yet on an old watch they add character.

Quote Originally Posted by ellsy_79 View Post
    nice review and although it is heavily used still a beautiful piece with bags of charm
    Thanks.

Yeah the bracelet strecth is quite bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    That’s a nice review, thanks.

It’s funny how worried many of us get about scratching a new watch, yet on an old watch they add character.
    True.

Personally, I don't care about the scratches on my divers but I'm not very hard on my watches. It's a little bit different matter on dress/gold watches though.

Usually the scratches are just something you only notice in the macro pictures. So I never really understood why it's such a big deal to have scratches on a steel clasp for example. Sports watches are meant to be worn in... well... sports haha.

This DJ has been used very heavily though.

Quote Originally Posted by JPE View Post
    True.

Personally, I don't care about the scratches on my divers but I'm not very hard on my watches. It's a little bit different matter on dress/gold watches though.

Usually the scratches are just something you only notice in the macro pictures. So I never really understood why it's such a big deal to have scratches on a steel clasp for example. Sports watches are meant to be worn in... well... sports haha.

This DJ has been used very heavily though.
    Really nice review, I think our forum photographer often has a thread when he gets his date just cleaned and serviced. By the looks of it he puts it down a coal mine for a few years then brings it back to new again.

An enjoyable read, thanks for posting. 1984 was a good year for Datejusts, it's when I went up to the Northern Goldsmiths in Newcastle and bought mine!

F.T.F.A.

Grand Master
    I own a 1986 bimetal Datejust that’s hardly ever been worn, I bought it from the original owner who claimed he’d only worn it a dozen times, hard to believe but the condition supports this and I think it unlikely that a better original example exists. I never wear it but I’m reluctant to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Really nice review, I think our forum photographer often has a thread when he gets his date just cleaned and serviced. By the looks of it he puts it down a coal mine for a few years then brings it back to new again.
    Thank you Robert.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    An enjoyable read, thanks for posting. 1984 was a good year for Datejusts, it's when I went up to the Northern Goldsmiths in Newcastle and bought mine!

That is very nice example. Your Jubilee bracelet seems to be in good shape too.