closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Bed Headboard

Craftsman

New Bed Headboard

Started looking for a new headboard along the lines of this https://www.theheadboardworkshop.co....adboard.html#/
    Like most things the from price soon rises when you spec the thing up. Just wondering if it would be cheaper to use an existing headboard and get it upholstered locally or is it like armchairs, where it's usually cheaper to get a new chair.
    Any tips or suggestions appreciated

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Master
    I bought a length of 9" x 2" planed timber, rubbed it down and sealed it with yacht varnish. Two, brass picture frame supports, plugged and screwed to the wall an Bob's yer whotnot! The folks that have seen it have asked where they could get one as it looks modern and minimalistic. It's better than most that I have seen for sale commercially and cost peanuts! Maybe not to everyones taste but .............

New Bed Headboard

Quote Originally Posted by Taxboy View Post
    Started looking for a new headboard along the lines of this https://www.theheadboardworkshop.co....adboard.html#/
    Like most things the from price soon rises when you spec the thing up. Just wondering if it would be cheaper to use an existing headboard and get it upholstered locally or is it like armchairs, where it's usually cheaper to get a new chair.
    Any tips or suggestions appreciated

We went through this last year …. Ended up getting the existing one re-upholstered with a fabric (alcantara) we chose. Was about two-thirds the price of a new one but I think we ended up with something better than we saw in John Lewis etc

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    I bought a length of 9" x 2" planed timber, rubbed it down and sealed it with yacht varnish. Two, brass picture frame supports, plugged and screwed to the wall an Bob's yer whotnot! The folks that have seen it have asked where they could get one as it looks modern and minimalistic. It's better than most that I have seen for sale commercially and cost peanuts! Maybe not to everyones taste but .............
    Perhaps a little too minimalist for my taste....but great business opportunity. You know how it is with interior design, the less there is, the more you get charged

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    We went through this last year …. Ended up getting the existing one re-upholstered with a fabric (alcantara) we chose. Was about two-thirds the price of a new one but I think we ended up with something better than we saw in John Lewis etc

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thanks for that. I may search out an upholsterer. Didn't want to waste their time if I end up being able to buy new for less

Where do you attach the handcuffs?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Journeyman
    Make your own to your taste. Its not hard and will be a great project. Plan and plan again and buy the wood, cut with a jigsaw and then visit an upholstery shop for material and glue. You can make a headboard just like the one in your link for £150 all in.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_Singh View Post
    Make your own to your taste. Its not hard and will be a great project. Plan and plan again and buy the wood, cut with a jigsaw and then visit an upholstery shop for material and glue. You can make a headboard just like the one in your link for £150 all in.
    I'm afraid I'm not that handy. I dread to think what it would turn out like