closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch case re plating

Master

Watch case re plating

Is there anyone on here that can do or knows anyone in the UK that can carryout the above work please.

Simon Freese here in Essex , he did a seamaster 30 for me a while back along with a service

Im actually thinking about getting set up to do a bit for myself . I have loads of cheap watches that would look alot better with some plating. Talking with a watchmaker a while ago he said its very difficult/ near impossible to get one off pieces done , as most plating companies want big quantity !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo12 View Post
    Simon Freese here in Essex , he did a seamaster 30 for me a while back along with a service

Im actually thinking about getting set up to do a bit for myself . I have loads of cheap watches that would look alot better with some plating. Talking with a watchmaker a while ago he said its very difficult/ near impossible to get one off pieces done , as most plating companies want big quantity !

Many thanks Robbo. I have just sent Simon a message.

I can tell you who not to go to.

I'd be very careful with this - I realise that not all re-platers will be as rubbish as the lot I ended up with but there seem to be very few that can replace the original finish and most specimens seem like they've either been dipped in solder or over-polished. The best picture I've seen is for the Canadian company linked on MWR but I'd say you need to seek out real world examples of their work rather than their shiny advertising copy.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Many CB.

Having read all of the comments I have decided not to go a head with the refurb and leave the case as is.

Probably a wise move.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.