closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Considering a Vacheron Fiftysix

Craftsman

Considering a Vacheron Fiftysix

I’m feeling the need to get myself something special i.e. out of my usual price range.

I’ve been looking at the Vacheron 56, 3 hander with the grey dial, although the blue is nice as well.

Before I disappear down another YouTube rabbit hole, Is there anything specific I should watch out for with these? Would I be better buying new or pre-owned, and if it’s new, as I going to lose my shirt on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't help on the residuals issue, but I can say that it's a beautiful, understated and very classy range of watches. I have the Day-Date and I absolutely love wearing it; the fit & finish is top notch, and even the strap oozes quality.

Master
    Alan I had a VC overseas, which I sold but have to say they are amazing watches and I see myself owning another VC again.

I don’t think the ones you’ve mentioned have the Geneva Seal. I may be wrong and at the end of the day doesn’t really matter, but you may want to know that. I think Kash sold one of these on here a while back for a really great price so may be worth looking at pre owned prices to get an idea.

Tony - that’s looks stunning :-)

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Can't help on the residuals issue, but I can say that it's a beautiful, understated and very classy range of watches. I have the Day-Date and I absolutely love wearing it; the fit & finish is top notch, and even the strap oozes quality.

Beautiful watches. I was umming and ahhhing over the blue 3 hander for a while. Handled one at Selfridges and it didn't disappoint. A decent deal can be had via greys (or that was the case 6 months ago anyway when I was mulling a purchase)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Agree, they’re a beauty and a steal at secondary market prices IMO

I really like the 56, but found the 30m WR to be disappointing. I think I'd worry about it.

Craftsman
    Be interesting on your thoughts if you do get one. I’ve been looking at these for my 40th in two years.

Are these readily available?

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I really like the 56, but found the 30m WR to be disappointing. I think I'd worry about it.
    I can't see that it would ever be a watch that you'd swim with, so why is 30m WR insufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I can't see that it would ever be a watch that you'd swim with, so why is 30m WR insufficient?
    It probably isn't. But nevertheless, I'd worry about it.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the comments. Looks like I’m going to be looking for a nice minty pre-owned one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely love the fiftysix range and especially adore the limited edition blue Day/Date.
    Not sure if it's important to you, but worth noting that the 3 hander is based on a different movement and doesn't carry the Poincon de Geneve.