closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Old Festival/Concert T-Shirts

Blog Entries

Old Festival/Concert T-Shirts

Just having a bit of a clear-out & found this (...which I thought was long gone).

What a line up !
    (although I do confess my memory of the events is a little hazy... )

Anyone else got any to share ?

z

Master
    I still have A Farewell To Kings tour and Tour of the Hemispheres t shirts, in the loft I think. They shrank in the wash to the point where only a small child could get into them, so I only ever got to wear them once or twice. I suppose t shirt technology must have improved massively over the years.

Great idea for a thread. I'm not usually one to buy T shirts at concerts, but this was a momento from one of the first times I took my lad to a gig when he was 12. Luckily he liked it, his flat is like a studio now with guitars, keyboard, samplers etc and @ 3k vinyl albums!

It all started at 15 for me . . .

F.T.F.A.

I've never bought a programme or a T-Shirt at any gig, they always seem incredibly expensive for the quality/content, in my experience.

Pretty sure I never will, either.

I did buy the DVD of David Byrne's last tour and a live album and DVD of Ranking Roger's Beat recently (not watched either yet!)

I do, though, sometimes look in slight envy at people with T-shirts from long ago concerts

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Blog Entries
    Not a shirt I know but in a similar vein found my copy of the programme from 'The Picnic' the other day. The 70s!

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I've got a May 1990 Keeping Up With The Joneses tour shirt from seeing Ned's Atomic Dustbin supporting Jesus Jones upstairs! I'll see if I can dig it out sometime!

I never wear T shirts so pointless buying them but I have retained a few old tickets.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I never wear T shirts so pointless buying them but I have retained a few old tickets.

If that was this, then I'm very jealous.

I never bought T-shirts back in the day (70s) but I was always a sucker for programmes and, especially, tour lapel badges. I did end up with some nice memorabilia but sold most of it on ebay a few years ago. Actually I now regret selling the badges as many were quite neat and didn't take up much storage. I have ended up revisiting the past though and have, in recent years, bought T-shirts from bands that are still hanging in there via their online shops. Just a few..........

Last edited by Mouse; 24th July 2021 at 15:41.

I have in the loft somewhere Programmes for U2 Joshua Tree tour 84, Dire Straits the night before Live Aid at Wembley Arena 85 and Bon Jovi New Jersey tour 88 or 89 don’t think I have the tees anymore

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Probably the best place for them, but i have Elton John concert tickets and programme and the programme for the John Michael Jarre Destination Docklands concert, in loft. I'm not proud of what I have done.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post

Not that one, David played a black Gretsch throughout but in a similar vein.

You could have knocked me down with a feather when he introduced his special guest to sing with him on a couple of numbers - Kate bush!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post

Jesus, £25 to witness the sight that is Pink Floyd!

Quote Originally Posted by EchoSevenNine View Post
    Jesus, £25 to witness the sight that is Pink Floyd!
    I saw them do The Wall at Earls Court in 1980 and enjoyed it so much I went again in 1981 which was shortly before Roger went his own way. I was always miffed that I missed them at the Liverpool Empire in 1973/74 when they were touring with Dark Side of the Moon.

I did have tickets, a program and a sweatshirt from those gigs, but long gone now.

Blog Entries
    Not that one, David played a black Gretsch throughout but in a similar vein.

You could have knocked me down with a feather when he introduced his special guest to sing with him on a couple of numbers - Kate bush!
    Brilliant. Always wanted to see him playing acoustic, probably won't now.

I used to buy a t-shirt and a programme at every concert I went to, however the t-shirts always got worn until they fell apart and became polishing rags.

However, I started to keep all the tickets from all the events I attended from the mid 80's onwards and even started to frame them up but only got as far as the 90's so I still have many dozens of tickets left to do. One of these days I'll get around to finishing it!