Interesting message from Kickstarter yesterday saying the KS campaign for the new Dwiss Floating Hand model has been suspended due to “self backing own campaign” or words to that effect. Refunds of pledge now incoming.

Dwiss responded straight after weirdly admitting that they had backed their own campaign and that this was normal. They have now moved across to Indiegogo.

I liked the watch but it feels a bit dodgy to me - anyone else a backer and has anyone experienced this before? I only backed because Dwiss are pretty established.

This was the response:

“I've just gotten a message from kickstarter (sure you all got it too) saying that the project was suspended, because, according to them, I had pledged in my own project. Indeed, I pledged in the project of my own company, and I believe every creator does it. Is it a problem to do that? Looks like it is, and they suspended my project, which causes a lot of losses because of the investment in marketing for this specific campaign.

DWISS is a serious company, founded in 2011 (almost as old as kickstarter itself - 2009), and has done other 4 campaigns here. DWISS has won 11 design awards and produced 12 different watch models, delivering the products with the best quality for the price that can be offered, like always!

After the losses caused by this suspension in kickstarter, DWISS is not going to relaunch this project there.

We invite you to check the campaign we launched in Indiegogo…….”