closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dwiss Floating Hands - suspended KS Campaign

Dwiss Floating Hands - suspended KS Campaign

Interesting message from Kickstarter yesterday saying the KS campaign for the new Dwiss Floating Hand model has been suspended due to “self backing own campaign” or words to that effect. Refunds of pledge now incoming.

Dwiss responded straight after weirdly admitting that they had backed their own campaign and that this was normal. They have now moved across to Indiegogo.

I liked the watch but it feels a bit dodgy to me - anyone else a backer and has anyone experienced this before? I only backed because Dwiss are pretty established.

This was the response:

“I've just gotten a message from kickstarter (sure you all got it too) saying that the project was suspended, because, according to them, I had pledged in my own project. Indeed, I pledged in the project of my own company, and I believe every creator does it. Is it a problem to do that? Looks like it is, and they suspended my project, which causes a lot of losses because of the investment in marketing for this specific campaign.

DWISS is a serious company, founded in 2011 (almost as old as kickstarter itself - 2009), and has done other 4 campaigns here. DWISS has won 11 design awards and produced 12 different watch models, delivering the products with the best quality for the price that can be offered, like always!

After the losses caused by this suspension in kickstarter, DWISS is not going to relaunch this project there.

We invite you to check the campaign we launched in Indiegogo…….”

Fair enough. I can see how abuse of the system could be used to artificially create a buzz where there is none and drag a project over the line when it might not have done. I guess this is in the terms and conditions and is there to protect the funds of investors and therefore the integrity of the platform.

I'm not sure it matters too much if a project is for funded by backers or the creator.

Traditionally the creator would fund production and take a chance on selling the products.

In this scenario, the backers could be getting it close and the creator funding the difference, no difference to them setting a lower target really.

Maybe I'm missing some angle?

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?