closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Dial Artist - New Launch

The Dial Artist - New Launch

It looks like 'The Dial Artist' has a new launch of his hand painted custom G-Shocks.
    https://iflwatches.com/product/g-sho...tal-jellyfish/

£519

I think I quite like it?

I like it but I definitely don’t £519 like it.

Craftsman
    I must admit I do like it and could be tempted to buy it as my daily watch.

I follow the Dial Artist on instagram and he appears to be popular with limited edition releases selling out fast.

Here are a few photos:-

Also, his previous CasiOak Galaxy limited edition turn up on Chrono24 for a significant amount more than the original RRP and seem to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There're no completed listings on eBay for anything other than half the retail price. I wouldn't believe a single Chrono24 listing to be indicative of the market in this case.

At the £300 price point it'd be a no brainer for me. £519 just makes me think twice.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    I like it but I definitely don’t £519 like it.
    +1.

Cool, but too pricey I think.

Also I remember someone posted a wind up thread on Sales Corner for one of these. While the thread was a joke, I distinctly remember thinking the 'real world' example didn't look as perfect as the display model might lead you to expect.

Edit - here it is, expectation vs reality:

Expectation

Reality
    Last edited by M1011; 23rd July 2021 at 17:55.

That was mine and I put it on ebay on an auction basis and got a 100% premium on what I paid by the time the auction ended. My pic wasn't the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Cool, but too pricey I think.

Also I remember someone posted a wind up thread on Sales Corner for one of these. While the thread was a joke, I distinctly remember thinking the 'real world' example didn't look as perfect as the display model might lead you to expect.

Edit - here it is, expectation vs reality:

Expectation

Reality

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    That was mine and I put it on ebay on an auction basis and got a 100% premium on what I paid by the time the auction ended. My pic wasn't the best.
    Returns aside, would you agree the end product didn't match to the advertised image? I'd hazard a guess that there was less than half the paint droplets on your dial, compared to the display piece.

Love the Casioaks and look forward to the metal version landing this year…

The “Jellyfish” is a nice addition but agree at £500 it focuses the mind on what else can be bought for similar money new or used..

This i found this an odd revelation about the “Jellyfish”

/=====
    The watch is waterproof, however we would recommend against recurring use in sea, ocean and swimming pools, due to the nature of the Transparent Resin.
    Last edited by TKH; 24th July 2021 at 04:11.

Craftsman
    Having looked at the website it now appears all 200 pieces have sold since being released on Friday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    This i found this an odd revelation about the “Jellyfishâ€

/=====
    The watch is waterproof, however we would recommend against recurring use in sea, ocean and swimming pools, due to the nature of the Transparent Resin.
    Could this be that because it's the actual core of the watch that is waterproof, and the outer case is effectively just a protective covering (in the case of the Jellyfish transparent), that water can get between the two and look 'odd'?

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Could this be that because it's the actual core of the watch that is waterproof, and the outer case is effectively just a protective covering (in the case of the Jellyfish transparent), that water can get between the two and look 'odd'?

Could it be that the transparent resin discolours in salt water or chlorinated water? I used to have a few transparent "jelly" swatch watches and they went an irreversible manky yellow colour after a while. Salt/chlorinated water might speed this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Could it be that the transparent resin discolours in salt water or chlorinated water? I used to have a few transparent "jelly" swatch watches and they went an irreversible manky yellow colour after a while. Salt/chlorinated water might speed this up.
    Of course, yes, that's more likely.