closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Instagram followers - Parquet flooring company

Instagram followers - Parquet flooring company

Bit of a strange request!

I am in the process of creating a new brand for an established company selling engineered oak flooring. I have created all the usual social media pages and the website has gone live today, albeit it with some errors that should be fixed shortly, and a few pages still need finishing. The mobile site also needs tweaking a little. SEO for the site will be started tomorrow, so the page should start to generate some organic hits.

If possible can anyone follow the Instagram page, trying to build followers initially before any marketing is carried out. Instagram will be our main social media platform.

https://www.instagram.com/elesco_flooring/

Appreciate any followers

OK no problem!

Done. Looks really nice. Good luck matey.

Looks good. I haven’t rejuvenated my ig account after a social media purge some years ago but I’d be happy to have a chat with them about a scheme in Notting Hill Gate, if they get involved in speculative residential.

Master
    Just a quick suggestion, are you using the same set of hashtags for every post on IG? At a glance it looked like it. You maybe want to mix them up a bit. Also try posing a question to your followers in the text, attempt some back and forth conversations/engagement.
    It all takes time and can be hard work.
    There’s some very clever people on IG who share tips and give good advise, worth following.
    I’ll message to on IG with some links.

Thanks for the tips. I am no Instagram expert in anyway, never used it personally (I am too old!) just for work, I know its needs a lot of work. The content so far has tried to avoid interactions as the website was not complete when I started to post images.

Now the website is up and running, will try get more interaction and will take on board any help! I had been using the same tags but will make a few lists with different tags in for future content.

Done, looks damn fine to me

Sent from my SM-G988B using TZ-UK mobile app

Genuine question.
    Why do people use Instagram to market their businesses when anyone without an Instagram account gets shut out after seeing only a couple of images? (Unless they sign up/in).

What am I missing?

I realise it is great for images and can work really well alongside a decent website, but the enforced sign-up just puts me off anyone who markets themselves solely on Instagram without a website also.

Apologies for the thread hijack BTW.

Master
    Done and following

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by nick wood View Post
    Done, looks damn fine to me

Sent from my SM-G988B using TZ-UK mobile app
    You wood say that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    You wood say that.
    Tony thats blunt , Im sure you will have floored him with that terse remark

Steve

Craftsman
    Followed

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Genuine question.
    Why do people use Instagram to market their businesses when anyone without an Instagram account gets shut out after seeing only a couple of images? (Unless they sign up/in).

What am I missing?

I realise it is great for images and can work really well alongside a decent website, but the enforced sign-up just puts me off anyone who markets themselves solely on Instagram without a website also.

IG is the new FB. Simple as that.

And there’s a lot of users!

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Genuine question.

What am I missing?

As I mentioned above I am no IG expert by any means, but with a few tags you can generate huge business. In my previous role (also in flooring) a top interior designer tagged one of our floors and from that one tag we generated over 100 followers and got 15+ orders for the exact same floor. The value of the orders was well over £75k. This type of thing happened a few times with different designers / influencers but not on that large scale. So the potential for "free" marketing is huge, the issue is some influencers want free products or paying for their tags, I have never done this in the past and relied on organic tags. My issue with the paid for tags is it is not really suited for our market.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    IG is the new FB. Simple as that.

And there’s a lot of users!
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    As I mentioned above I am no IG expert by any means, but with a few tags you can generate huge business. In my previous role (also in flooring) a top interior designer tagged one of our floors and from that one tag we generated over 100 followers and got 15+ orders for the exact same floor. The value of the orders was well over £75k. This type of thing happened a few times with different designers / influencers but not on that large scale. So the potential for "free" marketing is huge, the issue is some influencers want free products or paying for their tags, I have never done this in the past and relied on organic tags. My issue with the paid for tags is it is not really suited for our market.
    Thanks for the replies.
    I am a bit of a dinosaur, so not on Facebook or Instagram and the thought of using them fills me with dread. It seems that I am in the minority then. Maybe I need to move with the times!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    There's a lot of people who use IG to record the progress of doing up their homes. Yes it only takes a few tags and the right people to mention your product for some good results. The marketing side of social media helps bring those right people to you page and get them hooked.