closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bond SMP....and a very good book!

Bond SMP....and a very good book!

More a quick word about the book than the watch - but I couldn't resist!

I can highly recommend this book if you're at all interested in the stories 'behind' the Bond films. The 'ins and outs' of the deals that went on behind the scenes. I thought it was a fascinating read and gives a great insight into how the Bond films came to be made. It's a heavy read though and takes some getting through, but well worth it.

As for the FOIB. I had it fully serviced at STS last year and they refinished the case and bracelet too. Very happy.

I can second that recommendation - excellent book. I also had an SMP serviced by STS a few years back and they did an excellent job!!

Mind if I ask how much STS charged and what they carried out?

My 2254 is losing a bit of time so due a service and could do with new bezel and some tidying up on the case and bracelet.

Cheers, Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    Mind if I ask how much STS charged and what they carried out?

My 2254 is losing a bit of time so due a service and could do with new bezel and some tidying up on the case and bracelet.

Cheers, Shaun

I could tell you what mine cost, but I doubt it would be relevant - mine being quartz, yours being auto. Suffice to say, that for the full package, it was not an inexpensive exercise - and, thankfully, mine didn't need a bezel (they alone are £200+). But, STS are super to deal with and, as with Rolex, you end up getting a 'brand new' watch back.

Give them a call and I'm sure they'll give you a rough quote. Just be sitting down at the the time

Cheers. I had a feeling it wouldn’t be cheap!!!

I’ll most probably just get a service from an independent on here I’ve used a few times and live with the “patina”

Embrace Wabi Sabi!!

Cheers, Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    Cheers. I had a feeling it wouldn’t be cheap!!!

I’ll most probably just get a service from an independent on here I’ve used a few times and live with the “patina”

Embrace Wabi Sabi!!

Cheers, Shaun
    Sounds like a good plan. Mine did need a few internal parts to fix an irritating inconsistent secondhand tick, but otherwise I just wanted it to be clean and 'as new' so that I could then make it mine, so to speak. It won't ever be refinished again. I am pretty gentle on my watches, but quite comfortable with them showing some signs of being worn and enjoyed.

I had mine serviced about 3 years ago and the price was in the region of £390 - as I am usually paying Rolex SC prices I viewed this as an absolute bargain. They were great to deal with and did a super job.

Master

Bond SMP....and a very good book!

I had the old, gmt version 2234, serviced at sts 2 years ago . It did not need any parts, was £280 .. I think they gave it a light polish as part of that.

Master
    Great watch and the book looks a fascinating read as a fan of the series.

The 2541.80 "Goldeneye" is the Seamaster to have for me and love mine. Mine's only ever needed battery changes which I do myself.
    I'd be interested to know the price STS charge for the service however.

Cheers
    Neil

Ok.........Full service i.e. everything, plus refinish, on mine cost £520 in June 2020. There were also a few extra parts needed to correct the ticking issue but STS kindly fitted those FOC.

After a caseback 'incident' a few years ago with my 2264 doing a self battery change (which took STS and Omega SA some doing -and expense - to sort out for me, but again very kindly FOC) I will never attempt to do one again despite having all the correct tools for the job - and I've always serviced/maintained my Seikos with never a single problem.
    Last edited by Mouse; 25th July 2021 at 11:07.

The SMP was the watch that got me started on all this madness! A classic if there ever was one (IMHO)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk