closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Isolation question

Isolation question

I’ve searched NHS and generally but can’t find an answer to this.

My Son had COVID, started last week and had confirmed PCR test so had to self isolate until this Saturday, he is now fine apart
    from loss of smell. He was staying with his girlfriend so she was also self isolating and then she tested positive on Monday but so far just feels a bit tired.
    He wants to come home on Sunday which according to the guidance is fine provided he has no symptoms apart from the loss of smell but can’t find anything which says if this changes if someone you are self isolating with tests positive after you.

Anyone had similar situation or know what the guidance is?
    Last edited by TBKBABAB; 21st July 2021 at 17:37.

I'd say he's got to go through isolation again as per the rules - isolate for a full 10 days if a close contact has it (though common sense would suggest he's probably okay to leave).

I think this tells you what you need to know.

Published on BBC, source: Public Health England.

After digging a bit further and reading everything for the 3rd time I found below on the Gov.UK website although it’s not exactly the same situation I presume the last sentence would apply in this situation as well.

If you develop symptoms while you are self-isolating as a contact.

If you develop symptoms while you are isolating, arrange to have a COVID-19 PCR test. If your test result is positive, follow the advice for people with COVID-19 to stay at home and start a further full 10 day isolation period. This begins when your symptoms started, regardless of where you are in your original 10 day isolation period. This means that your total isolation period will be longer than 10 days.

If other household members develop symptoms during this period, you do not need to isolate for longer than 10 days.
    Last edited by TBKBABAB; 21st July 2021 at 18:17.

Thanks seems to confirm the last sentence on the GOV.UK website would apply in this situation as well so he is Ok to come home on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    I think this tells you what you need to know.

Published on BBC, source: Public Health England.

I've experienced this scenario with one of my team and we came to the same conclusion.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH