closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TUDOR Black Bay Burgundy

TUDOR Black Bay Burgundy

Any owners of the Burgundy ? whats it like in the metal ? I have an urge for a BB of some kind but I have never seen the Burgundy for real only the others but it looks good in the photo's and a little different.

I like mine. It’s the older ETA version which I prefer over the in-house version. In my opinion does not look out of place on a strap. The watch gives off a retro vibe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mylofitz View Post

I like mine. It’s the older ETA version which I prefer over the in-house version. In my opinion does not look out of place on a strap. The watch gives off a retro vibe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I agree, it looks good.

I'm certainly a fan. I have the in-house version, and the timekeeping is remarkable. Easily the best timekeeper I own (ex quarz). It is a pretty chunky watch though, and has a reputation for being "slab-sided", but I soon got used to that. On the bracelet it is the heaviest watch I own.

A
    Last edited by aamaci; 21st July 2021 at 21:06. Reason: Correction

Journeyman
    Looks brilliant. Also so much blue and green around at the minute so positively stands out.

I hope they add this bezel to the BB58 range (and do yourself a favour - if you haven't already check out the BB58 along side the standard BB. You may find the 58 is the way to go size wise).

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I hope they add this bezel to the BB58 range (and do yourself a favour - if you haven't already check out the BB58 along side the standard BB. You may find the 58 is the way to go size wise).
    Was about to say exactly the same. If they released this colour as a 58, I'd buy one straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Was about to say exactly the same. If they released this colour as a 58, I'd buy one straight away.
    I'd be very tempted although I'm smitten with my BB58 blue at the minute and I'm trying not to 'double up'. The 58 is so perfect it's making most of my collection feel and look a little bloated tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I'd be very tempted although I'm smitten with my BB58 blue at the minute and I'm trying not to 'double up'. The 58 is so perfect it's making most of my collection feel and look a little bloated tbh.
    I'm already considering doubling up...I've got the black and I'd be tempted to add the blue if one came up at a reasonable price!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I'm already considering doubling up...I've got the black and I'd be tempted to add the blue if one came up at a reasonable price!
    I was dangerously close to getting the 58 black off the back of how spectacular the blue is but I managed to resist. My rationale is that money would be better spent going into something different (current target is a Speedie 1863). I did the same with the current white dial Seamaster in that I loved it so much I felt I had to get a black dial too. In retrospect I'm glad I didn't. That said, the 58 is utterly wonderful so if I still feel the same about it down the line and they happen to release a burgundy bezel then maybe I could justify it. In the crazy world of watch prices the 58 looks really really good value.

Here is mine on a rubber strap which I removed after an hour or so, looks good but was not comfy on my wrist.

The fabled slab side profile - the sides are thick in appearance but the underside of the watch is flat (on the original smiley version) I love the design aesthetic and don’t notice the sides when it’s on my arm

The red bezel really caught my eye when I was looking for a new watch and the touches of gold on the dial/hands make it feel a little special but not enough to be audacious!

It’s a great looking watch you should definitely get one.

One showing the the hands and markers