closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor GMT - bph and lift angle

Master

Tudor GMT - bph and lift angle

My Tudor GMT is playing up again, it did have the double date issue which was fixed a couple of years ago, but now it’s both double date jumping and also stopping on the wrist just a few hours after winding.

I’ve got a Weishi timegrapher so I’d like to check it out on that, could anyone point me to where I can find the bph and lift angle please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    My Tudor GMT is playing up again, it did have the double date issue which was fixed a couple of years ago, but now it’s both double date jumping and also stopping on the wrist just a few hours after winding.

I’ve got a Weishi timegrapher so I’d like to check it out on that, could anyone point me to where I can find the bph and lift angle please?

I could be wrong but from everything I have read the new modified movements to resolve the date issue we’re starting to get into watches from early 2020. As such id send it off to get the updated movement out in.

Master
    28800bph, 49 degree lift angle.

Master
    Thanks chaps, I will likely take it in to the dealer, but thought it might help to have some data.

I’ll dig out the paperwork from when it was in for the double date thing, but it was well before Covid

Master
    So is the Tudor GMT a reliable watch now? I’m tempted by one but was wary having heard about these issues.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    So is the Tudor GMT a reliable watch now? I’m tempted by one but was wary having heard about these issues.
    I think so from what I have seen and experienced. I have had mine back for over a year and instances of date wheel issues have fallen off the face of the earth on the FB. It’s a stunning watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    I think so from what I have seen and experienced. I have had mine back for over a year and instances of date wheel issues have fallen off the face of the earth on the FB. It’s a stunning watch.
    Yeah, tried one on the other day and I have to say that I was quite impressed! Just need to decide whether to hold off to see if the couple of Rolex I’m waiting for arrive or whether to go for it and assume the Rolex will be months or years! Can pretty much guarantee if I go the GMT that the Air King will show up….

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    Yeah, tried one on the other day and I have to say that I was quite impressed! Just need to decide whether to hold off to see if the couple of Rolex I’m waiting for arrive or whether to go for it and assume the Rolex will be months or years! Can pretty much guarantee if I go the GMT that the Air King will show up….
    Sod’s law…

Master
    Mine is now back at Rolex. Bought July 2018, back to Rolex in November 18 for the double date issue and returned to me late December 2018. Seemed to run fine but it’s not worn regularly so I didn’t really check.

Early on in lockdown I noticed the power reserve was low, stopping overnight even when wound, but I put it back in the box and forgot.

Worn intermittently since then but more frequently recently, and once I really paid attention I found the double date issue was back so I took it back to Goldsmiths.

The warranty on this is 3 1/2 years, not 5, so I’m still in warranty.

It will likely be a long time there, cos of Covid.

Mine is now back at Rolex. Bought July 2018, back to Rolex in November 18 for the double date issue and returned to me late December 2018. Seemed to run fine but it’s not worn regularly so I didn’t really check.

Early on in lockdown I noticed the power reserve was low, stopping overnight even when wound, but I put it back in the box and forgot.

Worn intermittently since then but more frequently recently, and once I really paid attention I found the double date issue was back so I took it back to Goldsmiths.

Mine came back within a month not so long ago, so fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries

You could ask for a replacement / refund (from the retailer). Consumer Rights Act 2015 - They've had one chance to repair the faulty goods - now it's your right to have a replacement (or money back) - https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...faulty-product

This is independent of any manufacturers warranty.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

I still think all these stories wouldn't put me off getting a Tudor GMT. In terms of value for money for a true GMT they are excellent. I'd definitely buy one again of they weren't too big for my wrist.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    You could ask for a replacement / refund (from the retailer). Consumer Rights Act 2015 - They've had one chance to repair the faulty goods - now it's your right to have a replacement (or money back) - https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...faulty-product

This is independent of any manufacturers warranty.
    That’s helpful, thanks - it looks like I would only be able to claim a partial refund since I’ve had it over 6 months- does that sound right?

Blog Entries
    That’s helpful, thanks - it looks like I would only be able to claim a partial refund since I’ve had it over 6 months- does that sound right?

Have a read through. But this section is interesting

“ If a repair or replacement is not possible, or the attempt at repair fails, or the first replacement also turns out to be defective, you can reject the goods for a full refund.”

I have been trying to decide between getting a GMT or a BB, I think after reading this it will be a BB, not sure which one though, 58 or BB, thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Have a read through. But this section is interesting

“ If a repair or replacement is not possible, or the attempt at repair fails, or the first replacement also turns out to be defective, you can reject the goods for a full refund.”
    That’s definitely worth knowing. I took it into Goldsmiths last Monday, so it should be at Rolex now. How long is reasonable to wait for a response from them?

Blog Entries
    That’s definitely worth knowing. I took it into Goldsmiths last Monday, so it should be at Rolex now. How long is reasonable to wait for a response from them?

Sorry I left my crystal balls at home. If the watch has gone to Rolex already it won’t take them long to switch out the movement. Maybe call Goldsmiths and ask for an update. Good luck.

Master
    Rolex are replacing the watch with a new one, so a good result and good customer service.

Master
    I've just received my replacement under warranty. Goldsmiths were woeful in dealing with it though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    I've just received my replacement under warranty. Goldsmiths were woeful in dealing with it though.
    I bought mine at Goldsmiths in Reading, and they have been fine to deal with - some new people in the team. I forgot my warranty card when I took it in, and they just asked me to send some pictures of it.
    Last time, I also forgot my warranty card and they refused to do anything till I’d gone home (an hour plus round trip) and handed it over.

Master
    They actually lost my warranty card, to cut a long story short I ended up going to the store three times, on separate occasions, a round trip of 60 miles. Had to get Rolex Kings Hill to get things moving as communications were abysmall. It had actually been delivered to the store 2 weeks prior to me picking up after speaking to Craig @ Rolex.

Master
    This thread has just reminded me I still don’t have my new watch!

At their request I dropped in the box warranty card etc and was promised a new watch but so far haven’t heard anything.

Master
    Give Rolex at kings hill a ring and ask for the service dept, they will give the you info' regarding your watch.
    By

Master
    I did as NealyWheelie suggested, RSC were very helpful, confirmed they would be replacing the watch - and that it would take a month!

How can it take a month to post a watch out!