closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bluetooth Ceiling speakers

Master

Bluetooth Ceiling speakers

Good evening Gentlemen,

I'm looking for recommendations for Bluetooth ceiling speakers for installing in my kitchen.

They'll only be used for running Spotify and tunes from my phone, not for 'pure hifi' nor cinema surround sound.
    (The lounge is already set up for that!).

Has anyone in the TZ community had any experience/can share any pearls of wisdom?

Many thanks,
    Steve

Battery powered Or mains? Wifi will probably be more reliable

Worth looking at a Sonos 1 with the wall mounting bracket.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Battery powered Or mains? Wifi will probably be more reliable
    Mains powered.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Worth looking at a Sonos 1 with the wall mounting bracket.
    I did start to look at Sonos, but read a lot of info about poor s/w and problems.

Do you have any experience of Sonos?

Quote Originally Posted by tuscanracer View Post
    I did start to look at Sonos, but read a lot of info about poor s/w and problems.

Do you have any experience of Sonos?
    The software is fine. There was a big update a while ago and if you had super old equipment you got frozen out a bit and everyone went potty. Bit like when Apple changed to lightning cables. I've had mine about 6 years now and mine were all fine. The Sonos logo is quite smart as you can mount anything up or down and the logo is still correct.

You can join them up with others and they do work well together. Depending on which ecosystem you're into you could also look at the Google home speakers. There are deals where you get two but I'm not sure on the bracket/mounting situation.

https://store.google.co.uk/product/nest_audio?hl=en-GB

We went for three IKEA/Sonos speakers, two are mounted on brackets on the walls as little shelves and one on top of the fridge. We’ve had a couple issues with them and our wifi when the speakers connected to different wifi hubs/repeaters and didn’t like to work together (issue with many devices broadcasting on the same SSID and the speakers picking different one), but having resolved this, they work amazingly, mostly controlled by a Google hub.

We went for white ones to match the paintwork and each one has a small plant on it and they just disappear in to the background…

Sonos are amongst the best speakers for this kind of thing, the software and the hardware is first class. If you want software or hardware issues buy one of the cheaper alternatives.