closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Grand Tour's Lochdown Tour

Blog Entries

The Grand Tour's Lochdown Tour

No typo.

That does look good. Hopefully the trailer isn’t the entirety of the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    That does look good. Hopefully the trailer isn’t the entirety of the highlights.
    Why is Clarkson wearing a fatsuit, is a nod to the American cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Why is Clarkson wearing a fatsuit, is a nod to the American cars?
    He's not, that's actually him....

Well it's out, and I thought it was very poor. Unfortunately, the trailer is pretty much the entirety of the highlights.
    Last edited by hogthrob; 2nd August 2021 at 12:00.

Absolute dog-egg.

The one saving grace is that I never have to watch it again, I'm free of the niggling thoughts at the back of the head going "What if it's brilliant? What if everyone else if lying to keep this piece of cinematic genius telly to themselves??"

Just don't. The dullest thing I think I've ever seen, and I've seen 2001: A Space Oddysey.

Edit to add: I've just rewatched the trailer, that's the best 2 mins of the whole thing, they put ALL the best bits in the trailer. Best is relative.
    Last edited by Papa Hotel; 2nd August 2021 at 12:12.

Have to agree, which is a shame as I've enjoyed TG/GT over the years, but time for it to end now. This last episode was not good.

Master
    I quite enjoyed it. The leisurely pace of their 'humour' is about as relaxing as watching snooker. The joke at the end falls astonishingly flat though, and you can feel the haunting atmosphere of attempting to film something fun during the pandemic.

It was a miss for me.

The same old formula just is not funny any more. It was, but there is only so many times they can just regurgitate the same old guff.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Absolute dog-egg.

Just don't. The dullest thing I think I've ever seen, and I've seen 2001: A Space Oddysey.
    Excellent

Same old stuff; pointless antics from an older, richer and maybe wiser trio of entertainers.

Master
    I enjoyed it, still better than TG, but the end ‘joke’ was terrible

Watched it. Bored throughout.

Nowhere near as good as the current Top Gear.

Fair play to them for trying during the pandemic, but it really was an hour and a half of nothing.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Gave up 10 minutes in

Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    Gave up 10 minutes in
    But... what if we're all just talking rubbish to keep it to ourselves?

What?

If?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I couldn’t even tell you what happened, I zoned out.

Master
    Not their best work, I can remember laughing out loud at one point - but couldn't tell you what point.
    The final joke, as has been pointed out was, eh?

I think the thing for me was that I am supremely uninterested in 70's american land barges, almost any other era of yank tank would have engaged me more, then when some decent cars did appear, they were immediately replaced by the wallowing horror shows again. The idea would have been better with pretty much any other class of vehicle, but then the ones that would be suited for cruising around the highlands have all been 'done' by them (classic British sports cars, track day cars, affordable convertibles, etc.)

Points for trying to do something during lockdown, and more points for producing something vaguely entertaining, but not many.

Journeyman
    Watched it last night and it was far better entertainment than the dross on the normal channels.

There were two or three genuinely funny moments in an otherwise empty programme. The funny moments came from the fact I didn't expect them and they seemed genuine - May being washed away, and the boat at the end for example.

The rest just felt like we were following a few blokes around, rather than any serious attempt at making an entertainment show. And the nonsense at the end was misplaced and somewhat lost on me. I guess the point was related to the balance of commercial power between the US and China, but why this is the show to make that point I don't know. It wasn't funny.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    And the nonsense at the end was misplaced and somewhat lost on me. I guess the point was related to the balance of commercial power between the US and China, but why this is the show to make that point I don't know. It wasn't funny.
    I thought it was a suggestion that the "China virus" was turning eveything Chinese?

I might just be a bit thick then if that was the point, I linked it to the 70's points about the cars they were driving whereas now everything's Chinese.

Still, if the joke needs explaining it probably isn't that funny.

Craftsman
    Clarkson's farm is a million times better, funny and informative.

Master
    Only seen 2 episodes up to now, pretty good. Maybe love island would be the better choice of viewing for the haters in this thread!?

Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    Only seen 2 episodes up to now, pretty good.
    You have seen 2 episodes of the single episode show being discussed in this thread.
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    Maybe love island would be the better choice of viewing for the haters in this thread!?
    Are we only allowed to have an opinion on the show if it is positive?
    The general consensus above seems to be that the Lochdown show was pretty poor, not sure how that links to needing to watch Love Island...?

What an odd post.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    You have seen 2 episodes of the single episode show being discussed in this thread.
    Eh?

Are we only allowed to have an opinion on the show if it is positive?
    The general consensus above seems to be that the Lochdown show was pretty poor, not sure how that links to needing to watch Love Island...?

What an odd post.
    Read the whole flow of posts, not just the last one....you won't look as daft then about 2 episodes.

Journeyman
    Obviously COVID 19 limited what they could do but it did feel like they are just seeing out their contractual commitments. Not their best work & a lot of the content has been seen previously but still worth watching IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Sadly I feel this was their worst show yet, far from their best and even Clarkson’s Farm was part filmed during Covid which was superb; even Mrs Yumma enjoyed that. Still entertaining and beats the dross of TV during pandemic times.

I'm a very big fan of the new Grand Tour format, but this one was very weak indeed.

None of the usual ridiculous attempts to rescue things (just leaving two caravans in ditches?), constantly changing cars, no quality writing, no real chemistry between them.

A shame really. I've really enjoyed the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Read the whole flow of posts, not just the last one....you won't look as daft then about 2 episodes.
    I have read the thread and still don’t feel my reply is daft at all as the ‘2 episodes’ referred to was posted in a thread about Lochdown and does not specifically reply to the Clarksons Farm comment by quoting the post directly above it.

Your post does appear to be quite judgemental and confrontational though, which I assume was your intention and seems rather unnecessarily unpleasant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    I have read the thread and still don’t feel my reply is daft at all as the ‘2 episodes’ referred to was posted in a thread about Lochdown and does not specifically reply to the Clarksons Farm comment by quoting the post directly above it.

Your post does appear to be quite judgemental and confrontational though, which I assume was your intention and seems rather unnecessarily unpleasant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think there's some confusion. You probably did what i did, click on the lochdown link in prime which actually takes you to episode 1 of series 4, the one with them on boats, called Seamen. Episode 2 is the one in Madagascar, called massive hunt. These are both old episodes. The new one which everyone talking about is called lockdown, but it's actually episode 3 of season 4, so it's only 1 episode (hence the "how have you seen 2 episodes" comment)

Master
    I’m usually a fan of this trio both in TG and TGT but I have to agree with the above comments, a very poor episode.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Nice. But did you mean '2001: A Space Odyssey'? Or is that some episode of Bottom I haven't seen?