closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The search for a rubber strap for my SD43

The search for a rubber strap for my SD43

I bought my SD43 through the forum and a RubberB was included in the sale. However it incorporated the glidelock and my preference is for the buckle version. I own three Rubber B straps. The one on the DSSD is perfect for the watch, the flared edges improves the lines of the thick lugs and supports the weight of the watch perfectly. It's been worth every penny. I'm no so convinved on the one I have for the old SD and GMTII. Given the price of RubberB and Everest I tried to find an alternative.

There's an ebay seller in Califoria called 02strapwatchbands that advertized a fitted rubber strap for the SD43 at $39.99 plus p&p. Unfortunately ebay wouldn't process it due to international postal charges. I messaged the seller who forwarded me to his website 02straps.com where I purchased directly. The strap was posted UPS and was fully tracked. I ordered on the 28/6 and it arrived 14/07.

Stap arrived well packaged in a sealed bag. Within it was a green pouch containing the strap, fitting tool and both straight and curved 22mm springbars. As with the RubberB's I've owned it took a little patience to fit. Tolerances are very tight. I used the existing Rolex spring bars from the bracelet.

I cannot see any discernable difference in quality or finish between this strap and the RubberB. The vulcanised rubber has a matt appearance. Its flexible and no odour. There are is no branding on the strap. Early days but overall I'm delighted with it given the price. Customer service from David was excellent. Site has a large range of options. Noticed they also make a flared strap for the sub in the way RubberB make for the DSSD so it may well be my next purchase.

The search for a rubber strap for my SD43

Last edited by mylofitz; 15th July 2021 at 08:18.

Looks good! And potentially a worthy and much cheaper alternative than RB (depending on postage costs). How easy was it to fit and how does it feel on the wrist compared to the bracelet? I imagine there’s some luck involved in whether one is between holes or not though!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

It was a little tricky to fit but no worse than a Rubber B which has defeated many. The strap makes the watch considerably lighter and it’s very comfortable. Plenty of holes and not too short for my 71/4” wrists.
    Last edited by mylofitz; 15th July 2021 at 10:16.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks good, and not too long a wait for it to arrive.

I read last week the Oysterflex for SkyDwellers fits the SD43 so I'm half tempted to go that route for mine. Big money on a piece of rubber though.

Master
    Blog Entries
    His website actually states shipping to US locations only.

The site owner David, was quite happy to post to the UK when I enquired. The strap incl postage was just under £40.

Craftsman
    Nice strap and good value!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Not the most friendliest website to navigate but straps on there look good!

Thanks to that site I'm going to break my own rule and put a Sub on a rubber strap.
    Chatted to David 02straps owner who seems like a good guy to deal with and ordered the weathered blue/grey along with a leather strap for my orange PO.
    I'll report back assuming I get it fitted ok.

Does anyone know if any of the Rolex rubber straps with curved ends fit Seamasters?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Anyone ordering for the SD43 going to brave the red rubber (with white edges)? I was all for ordering an orange rubber for my Exp2 but it's not listed - I'll drop him a line.

Not sure with that one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I read last week the Oysterflex for SkyDwellers fits the SD43 so I'm half tempted to go that route for mine. Big money on a piece of rubber though.
    Would be interested to know costs if you find out. I think the oysterflex would be perfect.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    Would be interested to know costs if you find out. I think the oysterflex would be perfect.

Don't quote me on this but I think £285 per side. Can only order one if you own the watch for which you want a spare "blade" so might prove difficult.

I'm going to try but I imagine the chance of a no is greater than that of a yes.

Craftsman
    Don't quote me on this but I think £285 per side. Can only order one if you own the watch for which you want a spare "blade" so might prove difficult.

I'm going to try but I imagine the chance of a no is greater than that of a yes.
    Thanks, that would make sense. Let us know how it goes.

Blog Entries
    How very dare you! It’s not rubber - it’s made from super flexible blades covered in elastomer.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    How very dare you! It’s not rubber - it’s made from super flexible blades covered in elastomer.
    I put an isofrane on my SD43 the other day but took it off immediately. Looked awful IMO.

Could be time for an Everest but I'd much prefer OEM if possible.

For the price per side it needs to be made.of something special, I've got watches which cost less!

I'm a convert!

The two straps I ordered from 02Straps arrived this morning. I've got to say as someone who really can't see beyond the almost perfect Rolex ss bracelet I'm very impressed.
    I ordered the weathered grey rubber strap with the clasp and a leather rallie for my Omega PO, I fancied something a bit different to the usual black rubber strap.
    I'll echo what the op mylofitz said, the straps are great and David from 02Straps is a great guy to deal with, I shall be ordering one or two more.

Slightly off topic here's the rallie on my PO.

The guy behind 02straps is awesome. I ordered 12 straps from him via eBay. The eBay tracking showed the straps were delivered to a wrong address. He refunded my eBay money and let me order all the straps from his website for the cost of DHL shipping!

Apprentice

Is there any update on this please?

Quote Originally Posted by Corrado View Post
    Is there any update on this please?
    £240 per side for my YM42. Haven't managed to get the SkyDweller Oysterflex for my SD43 yet. I did get a spare two sides of the YM42 Oysterflex for my Sub 41 but haven't got round to fitting it yet.

Hi Wiley

What bracelet removal tool do you use for the sd43 please?

Quote Originally Posted by mijyou View Post
    Hi Wiley

What bracelet removal tool do you use for the sd43 please?

Bergeon 7825 - the tweezers.

But not for the YM42, need to use a plastic springbar tool on that.

Thanks

Apprentice
    £240 per side for my YM42. Haven't managed to get the SkyDweller Oysterflex for my SD43 yet. I did get a spare two sides of the YM42 Oysterflex for my Sub 41 but haven't got round to fitting it yet.
    Thank you.

I ordered a couple more from David, I think I may have gone too far...

Camo overload?

You've gone full Miami Instagram

You've gone full Miami Instagram

Definitely wearing the white camo next time we're Miami way but I think I'll leave it in the strap box when walking the dog along Bracklesham beach.